VU 65ut picture settings

msankadi

Hi

I have tried adjusting some picture settings to adjust the picture to my liking but I am a total noob at this and the tv has a lot of picture settings options like white balance, gamma, color balance, apart from the regular ones.

I feel that with the right settings I can push my tv to give better quality. Can someone please share their picture settings?

My main usage is 4k, hdr, dolby vision through pc blu rays, inbuilt netflix/amazon apps, fire stick, ps4 pro

Hi

I have tried adjusting some picture settings to adjust the picture to my liking but I am a total noob at this and the tv has a lot of picture settings options like white balance, gamma, color balance, apart from the regular ones.

I feel that with the right settings I can push my tv to give better quality. Can someone please share their picture settings?

My main usage is 4k, hdr, dolby vision through pc blu rays, inbuilt netflix/amazon apps, fire stick, ps4 pro
Unfortunately these things are driven by personal choice. I once saw the youtube calibration videos and applied settings that were recommended for a FALD tv in a non FALD Direct LED that I recently bought. My 77 year old dad found it bright to sunshine levels, tried other non company default settings, tried my custom settings and what not. Nothing works with immediate effects. You might begin liking colours, brightness and textures after it gets soaked. In a few days. But right away it will displease you and chances are you will go back to previous settings. In OLEDs and FALD sets you will notice immediately. But for most D and E lit panels with average contrast settings, things will look dismal if you change settings from factory default. Vu TVs have the "soap opera" effect motion flow pre-calibrated settings. It will make 35mm cinema quality look like being filmed using a 4k video camera like Red one. If your settings have motion control adjustments, you should begin with that. Infact Tom Cruise recommends that and even thinks TV manufacturers are committing ruse to undermine the original quality of cinematography through these motion smoothing algorithms. Get it turned off to begin with. Just my 2 cents worth.

Last edited:
Unfortunately these things are driven by personal choice. I once saw the youtube calibration videos and applied settings that were recommended for a FALD tv in a non FALD Direct LED that I recently bought. My 77 year old dad found it bright to sunshine levels, tried other non company default settings, tried my custom settings and what not. Nothing works with immediate effects. You might begin liking colours, brightness and textures after it gets soaked. In a few days. But right away it will displease you and chances are you will go back to previous settings. In OLEDs and FALD sets you will notice immediately. But for most D and E lit panels with average contrast settings, things will look dismal if you change settings from factory default. Vu TVs have the "soap opera" effect motion flow pre-calibrated settings. It will make 35mm cinema quality look like being filmed using a 4k video camera like Red one. If your settings have motion control adjustments, you should begin with that. Infact Tom Cruise recommends that and even thinks TV manufacturers are committing ruse to undermine the original quality of cinematography through these motion smoothing algorithms. Get it turned off to begin with. Just my 2 cents worth.
Thanks for your thoughts. Yes i have fiddled quite a bit with the settings over the past months. Motion smoothing, yes completely turned it off within first week

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back