VU led-55k160gau

Got this TV installed last weekend. Picture quality was not to my liking in any of the presets. I played with the settings and found a satisfactory picture.

Does anyone know how to check usage hours in this TV? Googling didn't help much.

I too have been thinking of picking up a good HD TV for self (not 4K). Came across and guy who imports unbranded (SPOC is the actual brand if anyone heard of it) LED HD TVs. Got a 24 inch for 8K for my parent's second room. But also saw a 50 inch SMART HD LED Tv with him for just 34K. It has ethernet as well as wifi built in. The display looked smooth from what I noticed when he played HD songs through USB. I am still giving it second thoughts. Since I will be using my 7.1 HT, I am only looking for a big HD display...

Hey. I called up vu customer care befroe buying this tv. They said the tv has 2hdmi ports and 1usb port.
And panel refresh rate is 60hz and motion refresh rate is 120hz. Which i didnt understand that what is the diffrnce between motiom rate and panel refresh rate?

So we can safely say the panel has 60hz refresh rate.

The increased refresh rate (120Hz and higher) was introduced by manufacturers as an indirect way to reduce the motion blur problem of LCDs and LEDs.

The truth about Ultra HD 4K TV refresh rates - CNET

HDTV Refresh Rates Explained: 60Hz, 120Hz, and Beyond - HDTVs & Home Theater Reviews, Ratings & Comparisons

What is the Refresh Rate?

please share your calibration settings guys. I recently bought this t.v like to try some pre-calibrated setting to get a baseline of what to expect. And is there a advanced service menu that can be accessed?
my short review of the t.v PQ
pros.
no backlight bleed(thanks to dled)
no clouding issues (uniform backlight for me yay!!)
cons
default settings is utter crap(too much sharpening and saturation)
sd channels dont look good for now might change after I calibrate(looks ok on 4:3 AR)
slight banding in darker scenes (i have seen this on most led tv's)
mids of the inbuilt speaker is recessed with highs and low freq. taking over
overall for the price this is the best budget t.v at 55inch

Purchased a unit from Flipkart Big Billion Day Sale at a good enough price of 38k after my Samsung LED went kaput after 5 years.
Well, I'm enjoying my experience as of now (with a slight bit of fear since this ain't a brand like Samsung, LG, etc. although these brands haven't served well either)
Th epicture quality is really good, with vibrant colours and since my HT is connected to the system, the TV sound is not much of an issue for me.
Flipkart delivered the TV the very next day (I'm based out of Delhi) and the installation happened within the next two days. The whole process was seamless. Enjoying the big screen for now !

I was looking for 55 inches LED and came across this model.
While going through forums, I found some of the folks mentioning about the motion blur issue. Can the existing owners comment on this ? Is there motion blur for fast moving scenes for HD content ?

I was looking for 55 inches LED and came across this model.
While going through forums, I found some of the folks mentioning about the motion blur issue. Can the existing owners comment on this ? Is there motion blur for fast moving scenes for HD content ?

Haven't seen any such issue yet. It has been more than a month.

any body tried playing at 24hz on this model. (55k160gau), i notice judder during fast move scenes, also there is noticeable judder when connected to tatasky hd.

VU engineers who came to check have no idea about judder, as per them its perfect.

anything i can do to improve viewing without getting headaches?

for reference i use oppo bdp 93 for Blu-ray playback.

Last edited:
Hi I Bought This TV.
The picture colours are way to bad.

Default sharpening is way too high, adjust that and the colours, then there is no gradient left all the faces have the same shade of pink.
My 8 yr old Pana Plasma is way better than this crap.
Tried all possible settings
The advanced menu is not intuitive to solve the colour issues.

Is it just me and the tv has good colour reproduction?
or the general experience has been Itne paise mein Itna hi milega for you guys too?

Hi I Bought This TV.
The picture colours are way to bad.

Default sharpening is way too high, adjust that and the colours, then there is no gradient left all the faces have the same shade of pink.
My 8 yr old Pana Plasma is way better than this crap.
Tried all possible settings
The advanced menu is not intuitive to solve the colour issues.

Is it just me and the tv has good colour reproduction?
or the general experience has been Itne paise mein Itna hi milega for you guys too?

I have been using this TV for 4 months now...had no problems with the picture quality...but it needs initial calibration...default settings are crap.

However, I was under the impression that one of the HDMI port is ARC compatible. During installation of recently purchased soundbar could not get the ARC to work on any of the two ports :sad: Also there is no Optical Out :mad:
There is no 'ARC' label on any of the HDMI ports. Guys does it really not have any ARC or can there be an issue with the HDMI cables for ARC not working?

Hi,

I purchased VU 55K160GAU Model from Flipkart recently in a sale going on the website.
I got it in a very competitive price 33,600 (3000 Rs Discount on price + 4000 Rs Exchange price for my 6.5 years old Sony Bravia LCD panel + 2500 Rs discount on HDFC Credit Card). :D:D:D
Using it from past 1 week and happy with the picture quality till now.
Got little strain in my eyes as due to holiday in mid week watched tv for the whole day. Done some tweaking in the Picture settings now to minimize the colors a bit.
Using F&D 5.1 Channel Subwoofer system for the sound and enjoying every bit of it. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
The only issue I have observed till now is - When I connect a USB to watch movies(downloaded in MP4 format from Yify website), I am not getting a good amount of sound. TV sound is very minimal and even the external sound system connected is not helping much. Though its manageable if I keep the sound setting to Full(level 100). Apart from this not any other major concern. :clapping::clapping::clapping:
Will be taking extended warranty very soon to remain tension free for next 3 years(once next month salary gets credited to my account) :licklips::licklips::indifferent14::indifferent14: .

-Anurag

The reason I stopped using Yify was the sound quality and 2.1 channel stereo which is very bad, may be that's the reason.

Hi,

I purchased VU 55K160GAU Model from Flipkart recently in a sale going on the website.
I got it in a very competitive price 33,600 (3000 Rs Discount on price + 4000 Rs Exchange price for my 6.5 years old Sony Bravia LCD panel + 2500 Rs discount on HDFC Credit Card). :D:D:D
Using it from past 1 week and happy with the picture quality till now.
Got little strain in my eyes as due to holiday in mid week watched tv for the whole day. Done some tweaking in the Picture settings now to minimize the colors a bit.
Using F&D 5.1 Channel Subwoofer system for the sound and enjoying every bit of it. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
The only issue I have observed till now is - When I connect a USB to watch movies(downloaded in MP4 format from Yify website), I am not getting a good amount of sound. TV sound is very minimal and even the external sound system connected is not helping much. Though its manageable if I keep the sound setting to Full(level 100). Apart from this not any other major concern. :clapping::clapping::clapping:
Will be taking extended warranty very soon to remain tension free for next 3 years(once next month salary gets credited to my account) :licklips::licklips::indifferent14::indifferent14: .

-Anurag
This is a common problem with low-cost TVs. I have a videocon 50 inch which had same problem. When I played the file in PC and routed the sound to 2.1 speakers, it was fine, but when played through the USB port of TV it was less volume (just about okay) even if audio out connected to speakers.

Unfortunately there is no workaround. You can either upgrade to a quality soundbar or consider a media player which can send the video to TV and audio to speakers.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

This is a common problem with low-cost TVs. I have a videocon 50 inch which had same problem. When I played the file in PC and routed the sound to 2.1 speakers, it was fine, but when played through the USB port of TV it was less volume (just about okay) even if audio out connected to speakers.

Unfortunately there is no workaround. You can either upgrade to a quality soundbar or consider a media player which can send the video to TV and audio to speakers.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your inputs dr_rocket. I will see if I can get some good soundbar from the market.

Hi all
Does it makes sense to buy this TV now ?
Flipkart is offering this TV .
How was your experience with this TV for past 1 or 2 years ?
Could you please share some thoughts ?

Last edited:
My experience has been good with this TV so far. You can't compare the picture quality with the expensive Samsungs and Sony's.
But at this price, I would say the picture quality is good enough. I use it with my home theatre, so can't comment on the sound quality. At this cost, of you don't intend to spend 50-60k, I'll say that you can buy this.

Here is the Catch-22 situation:

If you are on HFV, you are a discerning viewer. If you are discerning viewer, you will not be happy with the video quality of the VU.

Its a compromise really, between size & video quality. Pick & choose what is highest on your priority list.

I've been using this TV for the last 1.5 years and for the price, i think its a brilliant deal especially if you can get it under 35k. The mainstream brands cost more than double for a similar size. You can play around with the settings to get very decent picture quality. Infact I also have a Panasonic 42E5D LED Tv and I think the picture quality on the VU is easily better.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back