VU led-55k160gau

Thanks viper; those 2 Samsung and JBL were the ones I had zeroed in too.
They are on the higher side budget wise for me.
But would be good with 55 inch FHD VU
TOtal going to 65k+. Which is high cost wise but probably the best at the price :sad

Btw, mobile site flip kart says TVs not available at my pin code. On laptop it shows available.

Hello all,

I am looking for a VFM tv, after having bitter experience with the so called "Premium" brands, feel it makes sense to get these VFM TVs and upgrade more often. I did buy the VU40 FHD for my parent and its working flawlessly.

Anyways, I am looking at 50-55', I am torn between VU and Infocus (SHARP panels!). Also, do you guys think it makes sense to go for 4k tvs at this point?

My primary usage will be -
-Football in HD
-HD Movies
-PS4

Please suggest.

get the infocus 60inch model. the 50inch model does not have sharp panel its by innulox

Hi ....between micromax and Vu 50 inchers....do we have opinions on which one is better? I have posted in other threads and did not get a clear picture. The snapdeal micromax deal is the best with 3 yrs warranty...but not sure how that compares to the Vu Tvs and maybe even the new ones like infocus, bpl..etc....are they really worth the extra 10-15% expense?

Hello all,

I am looking for a VFM tv, after having bitter experience with the so called "Premium" brands, feel it makes sense to get these VFM TVs and upgrade more often. I did buy the VU40 FHD for my parent and its working flawlessly.

Anyways, I am looking at 50-55', I am torn between VU and Infocus (SHARP panels!). Also, do you guys think it makes sense to go for 4k tvs at this point?

My primary usage will be -
-Football in HD
-HD Movies
-PS4

Please suggest.

Just get the 55 inch VU Full HD version, the 4K content will take around 5-10 years to become common. The infocus 50 inch version does not have sharp panel.

The most important thing is that VU tv's are on flipkart, so you get the 30 replacement guarantee which is nice for hassle free replacement if you get defective or damaged TV.

flipkart is providing 40inch and 50 inch 4k iconinum at my pin code only 55 4k one, wired.
went to local shops like 10 nobody have it. now i am confused. suggest something max 50k.

Local shops won't have it, the reason for good discounts is Flipkart. I can see VU 55 inch Full HD being available on Nagpur pin codes, so you can go for it.

I bought the 50 inch FHD, will spend the rest on speakers, extended warranty and voltage stabilizer. Still feel may have missed a trick on getting the 4k.

I bought the 50 inch FHD, will spend the rest on speakers, extended warranty and voltage stabilizer. Still feel may have missed a trick on getting the 4k.

Congratulations, don't worry about 4k, by the time 4k becomes mainstream you would have changed another TV. Besides, still most of the content on TV is in SD which looks like crap on 4K tv's.

Just get the extended warranty within 90 days of purchase for 3 years of peaceful ownership.

I had posted this question before too. Dint get an answer. Can someone let me know if the new 60hz panel is inferior to the older 120hz panel?? Any ghosting effects while watching sports?? Or any other issues??

I had posted this question before too. Dint get an answer. Can someone let me know if the new 60hz panel is inferior to the older 120hz panel?? Any ghosting effects while watching sports?? Or any other issues??

All such questions have been answered in this thread by a fellow member who has used both the 2015 and 2016 versions. Read the thread from the first page, will just take 5-10 mins.

I did not update my installation pics for few days as i was busy while shifting home and at the same time i had requested a replacement TV due to few dead pixels.

Flipkart provided the replacement within few days and the new TV is perfect, this is why i suggest people to go with Flipkart as you get hassle free 30 days replacement, just click a button and its done.

Here are some pics from my side:

J9h59Wm.jpg

Y6vOltx.jpg

yBT5LSU.jpg

FLmPml4.jpg

tgqeJQh.jpg

Nice! Did you build the wooden panel after receiving the TV? Setup looks very neat and clean.

Just now shifted to new place, wooden panel was built few months back by a carpenter. Set up still needs optimizations, will organize wiring etc in a better manner when i get time, all the showcase items and other stuff is just scattered here and there.

Ha ha. Did go through the thread but did not get a definitive answer in the difference in pic quality. Can you please point me towards the post

@Etios, that is a sweet setup mate, I got my 50' delivered on Friday, seems alright so far, I think there is slight clouding, but not totally sure.

@Etios, that is a sweet setup mate, I got my 50' delivered on Friday, seems alright so far, I think there is slight clouding, but not totally sure.

Just change the picture settings from "standard", it is too bright and is ok for showroom conditions not home.

Select the "Soft" option, it is the best picture setting amongst the given presets. Of course, this is from using the 55 inch version but still changing the picture settings should transform the TV if its in standard setting.

Hello!!
Bought the 55 inch vu FHD from flipkart. Got sweet deal i think 34.5k (with 4k for exchange, 2k extra discount, and 1.5k for using HDFC card).
Got delivery in 2/3 days. Got installed(wall mounted) in another 2 days. All pretty good with sms/emails etc.
Tried a USB movie ... madagascar looked great(i guess it is HD quality).
Deal also includes Airtel HD recorder for 750 ... Should i get it?

Also now to soundbar ... samsungJ450 is 17,900 i think. JBLSB350 is ~22.5

Anyone using samsungJ450?

will post pics once i take some.

Hello!!
Bought the 55 inch vu FHD from flipkart. Got sweet deal i think 34.5k (with 4k for exchange, 2k extra discount, and 1.5k for using HDFC card).
Got delivery in 2/3 days. Got installed(wall mounted) in another 2 days. All pretty good with sms/emails etc.
Tried a USB movie ... madagascar looked great(i guess it is HD quality).
Deal also includes Airtel HD recorder for 750 ... Should i get it?

Also now to soundbar ... samsungJ450 is 17,900 i think. JBLSB350 is ~22.5

Anyone using samsungJ450?

will post pics once i take some.

Congrats, do get a HD set top box for your TV. but its not compulsory to buy airtel as Tata sky and Dish tv have maximum HD channels and you can search amazon and their official websites for offers.

Anyway just get a HD box as its a huge TV and SD won't look good. I am satisfied with the good sound from the in-built speakers of this TV, so don't have any idea about those two soundbars.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back