VU led-55k160gau

hi guys

sorry was busy with work and all. Very bad experience with the first time purchasing of VU tv. The 'tech' guys as i told u were nothing but bunch of youngsters with no experience whatsoever. They couldn't even use the spirit level properly while installing the wall bracket! Well in short, i helped them out and there goes the installation part. They switched on the TV and as i was getting late for a party, i asked them to leave and i left the settings job for the day after. The next morning to my horror, the TV wouldn't power up!!! No matter what i did, plugging in out the power plug or anything else that i could do the screen just wouldn't come up even though the red light at the bottom left corner was on which means the tv was receiving the power supply properly. :sad: Here goes a series of making calls to the flipkart first, then the VU and then to the local service center. It was really disappointing. i was so heartbroken. Well the next day again so-called 'techs' arrived at their own convenience and started hitting on the remote like it's some magic wand and by hitting the buttons so hard it would somehow magically switch on the tv. :mad: Getting frustrated now, i asked them to uninstall the TV to send it back to flipkart. Suddenly, i don't know what went inside my mind and just pulled the power chord off the TV and inserted it back again. And whoosh! The screen was alive! The techs had no idea what just happened! Well i was too happy to think about them. I asked them to leave and there i started tinkering with the settings and all. It was a treat to watch on such beautiful screen! Pretty satisfied with my achievement i left for work. Now Guess what? At night while watching the tv i started noticing something really funny with the screen. There were dancing red pixels all over the screen whereever there is some dark background and that storm of red pixels was clearly visible on total blacks. It was plagued with red pixels!! No matter what picture settings i opt for those red pixels just wouldn't go away!!!! :sad:
I knew there has to be some problem with the panel. With a heavy heart i switched off the tv for the day and went to sleep. Next morning here we go again! The screen simply refused to power up even though the red light was on. now really frustrated i called up the flipkart and asked for a replacement. TV has been uninstalled now and ready to go. still waiting for the courier guys to come and pick it up. :sad:

hi guys

sorry was busy with work and all. Very bad experience with the first time purchasing of VU tv. The 'tech' guys as i told u were nothing but bunch of youngsters with no experience whatsoever. They couldn't even use the spirit level properly while installing the wall bracket! Well in short, i helped them out and there goes the installation part. They switched on the TV and as i was getting late for a party, i asked them to leave and i left the settings job for the day after. The next morning to my horror, the TV wouldn't power up!!! No matter what i did, plugging in out the power plug or anything else that i could do the screen just wouldn't come up even though the red light at the bottom left corner was on which means the tv was receiving the power supply properly. :sad: Here goes a series of making calls to the flipkart first, then the VU and then to the local service center. It was really disappointing. i was so heartbroken. Well the next day again so-called 'techs' arrived at their own convenience and started hitting on the remote like it's some magic wand and by hitting the buttons so hard it would somehow magically switch on the tv. :mad: Getting frustrated now, i asked them to uninstall the TV to send it back to flipkart. Suddenly, i don't know what went inside my mind and just pulled the power chord off the TV and inserted it back again. And whoosh! The screen was alive! The techs had no idea what just happened! Well i was too happy to think about them. I asked them to leave and there i started tinkering with the settings and all. It was a treat to watch on such beautiful screen! Pretty satisfied with my achievement i left for work. Now Guess what? At night while watching the tv i started noticing something really funny with the screen. There were dancing red pixels all over the screen whereever there is some dark background and that storm of red pixels was clearly visible on total blacks. It was plagued with red pixels!! No matter what picture settings i opt for those red pixels just wouldn't go away!!!! :sad:
I knew there has to be some problem with the panel. With a heavy heart i switched off the tv for the day and went to sleep. Next morning here we go again! The screen simply refused to power up even though the red light was on. now really frustrated i called up the flipkart and asked for a replacement. TV has been uninstalled now and ready to go. still waiting for the courier guys to come and pick it up. :sad:

sorry to hear about your exp. its really disheartning. but im sure you must have enjoyed having the big screen exp for short while.
regarding the pickup process this tv is covered under flipkart 30 day replacement scheme and will be done very soon by flipkart. they will deliver new tv to you then they wil pick up the faulty one.

That's really unfortunate. I hope the replacement TV serves you well. Do keep us posted on how it goes.

That is MRP, the pricing on flipkart is 50k for 50 inch 4k TV and 43k for 55 inch 1080P TV.

It does not make any sense to go for 4k as it will take 5-10 years for 4k content to become widespread. HD content itself is not widespread till now, even after great push from broadcasters this year, we have reached only 50 HD channels. Also SD channels look like utter crap on a huge 4k tv.

The bandwidth available with both DTH providers and Personal broadband connection in India is scarce, a 100-200 GB bandwidth internet connection needed for good HD streaming and movies download is still not available in most of the country and if available it is expensive. 4k content will take up loads of bandwidth which is not available in India.

Sorry if Im wrong....but I am going for 4K tv....since Netflix is come up with 4k content, plus there are 4k videos available for download on Youtube and there is a 4k dth channel on videocon, Airtel is also coming up soon with 4K channel, next month T20 worldcup is in 4K.......Go through the net with the latest news and its said that within a year, full HD display TV will be outdated since 4k tvs prices are crashed in the last 4 months. I had purchased a latest sony 55 inch with breathtaking display for Rs.164000/- and today I am selling it for Rs.95000/----- anyone interested ?

hi guys

You should have posted here after the problem appeared, there was no need of taking so much tension and calling VU and Flipkart. There is a "Return" button in flipkart orders section and you just need to click that button to get hassle free replacement. Anyway, just use that option for your future Flipkart purchases, they have 30 days replacement/return policy.

Flipkart's 30days' return policy is applied on products sold by 'WS Retail' and delivered through 'Flipkart Advantage'. In your case VU is covered by both. So, don't worry.

hi all

First ever post here :D

Just recieved the delivery of VU led-55k160gau an hour back :yahoo:. The size is gigantic from the looks of the package infront of my old LG 42". My 6 yrs. D is so excited! have called up the authorised centre around here. have to wait for couple of hours they said. I have been told these so called techs are nothing but laymen. My friend received his VU Led 50" just couple of days back. The 'techs' declared the product dead as soon as it was out of the box as they couldn't power it up. They managed to find the power button accidentally while putting the tv in the box. LOL![emoji38]Well once it was powered up and running my friend was pretty satisfied with the purchase. so i took the plunge as well. Now waiting for someone to show up at my doorstep for the installation. will post the updates.

Ciao!
The same thing happened to me

The installer could not find the power button and claimed Vu did not have power button [emoji23]

Since I wanted to wall mount the person suggested mounting it over 6 ft [emoji19]

Last but not the least the person did not have the right size wrench to tighten the nut. I hope the call it wrench, the call it Panna in hindi

BTW congrats on your new purchase

Did you get it installed pls review it. I have one problem with this tv is that its colors and whites are so vibrant that my eyes get strained easily. Have tried to reduce the brightness but didnt help.
Had a plasma earlier. the colors of my new vu are too bright and the skin tone looks a bit too pink [emoji23]. Played around with color, contrast and brightness

Had a plasma earlier. the colors of my new vu are too bright and the skin tone looks a bit too pink [emoji23]. Played around with color, contrast and brightness

yes absolutely. colors are too bright and vibrant. whites are very bright. skin tone is fine for me. may be its because i had a lg lcd for 6 long year.

Atleast basic caliberation is a must for all the TVs, Everyone try caliberating your TV and then post your settings here. I will also post here after buying.

using pennyful.in to logon to flipkart will get the price to 40K!....sitting on the fence as I have been reading lots of stories on display issues with this TV

using pennyful.in to logon to flipkart will get the price to 40K!....sitting on the fence as I have been reading lots of stories on display issues with this TV

Thers is no issue with display. You shoul definately go for this one. Its stunning and for the price you pay for tbis beauty it just blows everthing out of water.

planning to recommend to my in laws as they have a 25 feet long room...there are two things it needs to do as both their sons are abroad (a) Play photos and videos - which I am sure it will once I hook it up to a pen drive or hard drive. secondly i am hoping that by plugging a hd webcam it can do skype without the need for a PC - any idea if it can be done?

or say if they have a decent smart phone - any idea by using simple cables or a wifi adapter they can show skype from smartphone on TV? am sure the thrill of seeing near and dear ones live on a 55 incher will be unparalleled.

if the answer to both is no..what is the cheapest way to get skype onto a TV? they also have a 2 yr old samsung tab

You are confusing things, this new VU 55 inch TV was launched less than a month ago and is different from the last years Edge-lit one. All the reports till now have been positive on this years new model.

And how is pennyful.in? Is it a legit website and do you have any experience with it? discount looks very good and i am also planning to buy this TV within one week.

planning to recommend to my in laws as they have a 25 feet long room...there are two things it needs to do as both their sons are abroad (a) Play photos and videos - which I am sure it will once I hook it up to a pen drive or hard drive. secondly i am hoping that by plugging a hd webcam it can do skype without the need for a PC - any idea if it can be done?

or say if they have a decent smart phone - any idea by using simple cables or a wifi adapter they can show skype from smartphone on TV? am sure the thrill of seeing near and dear ones live on a 55 incher will be unparalleled.

if the answer to both is no..what is the cheapest way to get skype onto a TV? they also have a 2 yr old samsung tab
Not sure about Vu model but simplest & cheapest is ezcast. You can very easily mirror everything on your android version 4 and above. It will use your phone's camera. Doing this for long time with no issues on my very much dumb TV.

And yes. You don't require hi end phone. Just good speed internet.

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back