VU led-55k160gau

1-pic is of my set up of the tv.
2- pic is of 1080p spectre movie which im currently watching.

now about my initial impresion of this tv-

1-the whites are actually white. coming from a lg lcd, the whites of this tv appear to be actual white.

2- the blacks are blacks. deep blacks.

3-colors are more vibrant as compared to my previous lg lcd.

4- there is no motion blur what so ever. have played ps4 on this.
played fast action movie scenes from hdd and there is no motion blur. not as per my eyes.

5-no motion blur for sports scenes also. have tested with cricket and football matches.

overall the panel has exceded my all expectations and has passed every test with flying colors. and the cherry on the cake is pricing, for such a gigantic display with such a low pricing it cant get better than this.

Attachments

• IMG_20160127_213521.jpg
    IMG_20160127_213521.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_20160127_214012.jpg
    IMG_20160127_214012.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 180
Pl post your impressions with cable/STB in SD/HD channels with pics. Is the sound sufficient in USB mode?

I did post pics of sd stb channels and pics of hd movies. Pl see and read my post.

1-Sd stb channel impressions are very good, no blur and vibrant colors. It handles sd content quite well. It doesnt break picture's pixels.

2-hd movies are very clear, very good amount of detailing in scenes. No motion blur and colors are vibrant.

3-sound quality is very good from the tv speakers. Have watched action movies and sound fills the room and good amount of bass is there from tv.

Last edited:
I did post pics of sd stb channels and pics of hd movies. Pl see and read my post.

1-Sd stb channel impressions are very good, no blur and vibrant colors. It handles sd content quite well. It doesnt break picture's pixels.

2-hd movies are very clear, very good amount of detailing in scenes. No motion blur and colors are vibrant.

3-sound quality is very good from the tv speakers. Have watched action movies and sound fills the room and good amount of bass is there from tv.

Thanks for posting the pictures and giving your review of the TV. Looks like a very good panel at an amazing price for a large 55 inch TV. Can you also post some pictures with lights on, so that i can see the glossy bezels and how much they shine.

Thanks for posting the pictures and giving your review of the TV. Looks like a very good panel at an amazing price for a large 55 inch TV. Can you also post some pictures with lights on, so that i can see the glossy bezels and how much they shine.

Bezels dont shine they have a plastic wrapper sticked to them. And i dont want to remove them if i do then it will shine. Im sure it will not be a deal breaker for you if u buy.

Bezels dont shine they have a plastic wrapper sticked to them. And i dont want to remove them if i do then it will shine. Im sure it will not be a deal breaker for you if u buy.

Ok, i will not remove the plastic wrap, will take a decision after the TV arrives. Will order after two weeks. Do post some pictures with lights on, will like to see how it looks.

Use a website like imgur.com to upload pics as the forum attached pics are very small and can't notice much details.

hi all

First ever post here :D

Just recieved the delivery of VU led-55k160gau an hour back :yahoo:. The size is gigantic from the looks of the package infront of my old LG 42". My 6 yrs. D is so excited! have called up the authorised centre around here. have to wait for couple of hours they said. I have been told these so called techs are nothing but laymen. My friend received his VU Led 50" just couple of days back. The 'techs' declared the product dead as soon as it was out of the box as they couldn't power it up. They managed to find the power button accidentally while putting the tv in the box. LOL! :lol: Well once it was powered up and running my friend was pretty satisfied with the purchase. so i took the plunge as well. Now waiting for someone to show up at my doorstep for the installation. will post the updates.

Ciao!

hi all

Just recieved the delivery of VU led-55k160gau an hour back :yahoo:. The size is gigantic from the looks of the package infront of my old LG 42". My 6 yrs. D is so excited! have called up the authorised centre around here. have to wait for couple of hours they said. I have been told these so called techs are nothing but laymen. My friend received his VU Led 50" just couple of days back. The 'techs' declared the product dead as soon as it was out of the box as they couldn't power it up. They managed to find the power button accidentally while putting the tv in the box. LOL! :lol: Well once it was powered up and running my friend was pretty satisfied with the purchase. so i took the plunge as well. Now waiting for someone to show up at my doorstep for the installation. will post the updates.

Ciao!

Congrats on your purchase. You will love this panel for the quality and colors. And at such nice price this panel blows every comperition out of water. The giys who come to install it , are techs of jeeves. They are good at installation. But they dont knw much about this product because they ara third party service guys. They cater to many companies like lg, videocon etc. They arent technically much aware but they are definately good at installations.

Last edited:

How about the "Hissing" and "Subtitle" issue being faced in other models of VU...have you checked that in this new model?

hi all

Ciao!

Congrats on your new Gigantic 55 inch TV, do post some pictures here on the forum along with your small review.

hi all

Ciao!

Did you get it installed pls review it. I have one problem with this tv is that its colors and whites are so vibrant that my eyes get strained easily. Have tried to reduce the brightness but didnt help.

In other models, it is not possible to change the size and color of subtitles.The subtitle size is extremely small and white in color. When the background video is white or any other lighter color, the subs are not at all visible..

Did you get it installed pls review it. I have one problem with this tv is that its colors and whites are so vibrant that my eyes get strained easily. Have tried to reduce the brightness but didnt help.

Did you try any picture modes like standard, movie etc? Generally TV's are shipped in vivid or vibrant picture mode which are too bright.

Did you try any picture modes like standard, movie etc? Generally TV's are shipped in vivid or vibrant picture mode which are too bright.

i did change the settings lowered the brightness. now i have lowered the backlight to ZERO now its watchable. may be my lg lcd was nt this bright that is why im facing this issue.

Back