What Hi Fi show 2014 is announced

Bhagwanji, do you have a dropbox account? Here you can create a sharing folder and post a link. Possibly similar feature will be available in any cloud storage site.

I have lots of pics - 185 ++
but I do not know how to post them all at 1 time - this tiny pics is too slow & very painstaking.
If you have a suggestion - do let me know - I will put all the pics up.
:mad:

Bhagwanji, do you have a dropbox account? Here you can create a sharing folder and post a link. Possibly similar feature will be available in any cloud storage site.

Sir,
Thanks;
I put all in my dropbox folder;
It has been uploaded - but I cannot find the link to post here - I know silly of me.
Can I get some help ?
Please.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.838916786121103.1073741834.275149039164550&type=1

This is a facebook link - hope it works.

:indifferent14:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8e9ltv9dg1io6ur/P7114629.JPG
Will this share the full folder ?
I guess I will find out - soon...

Right click the folder in dropbox. Select "Share Dropbox link" and paste it in your reply.
Your link is only to the one picture.
Facebook will work but the photos are in reduced resolution similar to Whatsapp.

Last edited:
2) Burmester was showing their floor standing speaker, an amplifier with digital music server ..the whole system costing 90 lakhs...good but frightfully expensive...
3) Heard McIntosh 7 channel power amp with Sonus Faber Venere 3.0 floor standers...pretty, sounded good but extremely expensive....the only thing that interested me was a small integrated amp with DAC with the McIntosh VU meters and matching speakers - MXA70 .. the dealer gave a quote of 4.75 lakhs.... nice system to show off but that's it.
6) Vienna Acoustics Klimt speakers were great and handled the classical piece which we were playing on all systems very well..maybe the best speakers of the show but then again it depends on how they are priced....

Burmester speakers and electronics are some of the best sounding. Too bad when they are present in a show like this they do nothing to create an impression based on sound. May be they are happy being toys of Audio consultants and happy being sold on recommendations and looks alone. Sad affair.

Do you remember the pricing on SF Venere and VA Klimt?

Well the main aim of these shows are to get acquainted with the products and following it up with demos or auditions when one wants to get to know these products in depth or to seriously consider purchasing the same. This is not the place to rate/evaluate the equipment.

Initially when these shows started by AVMAX or Times AV most of the shows were aimed at the end users but with the passage of time and/or rising cost of these equipment most of the dealers are looking out at corporate tie ups and distributorship inquires rather than the retail end user. Like one FM posted in this thread that he is nervous to attend the show.

The detailed advertising campaign was aimed at the corporate sector / d&d inquires. If the people are from the press / high rollers or system integrators /audio installers you can get some good dealer interaction otherwise it is kind of pretty cold.

Further this may be the reasons why the FMs are turning up in smaller nos (well I met around 5-6 FMs from delhi on saturday; I did meet bhagwan but he was too busy so could not introduce myself properly) coupled with the fact that it was 42 degrees that day so no wonder people stayed indoors.

You have captured the essence beautifully. Every single point is spot on.

I remember, even 6-7 years ago the scale of the show used to be small, but more effective for end-users. Now it is more targeted at creating corporate links.

And I don't understand the timing of the show. In a city with hot summer holding a lifestyle show in the month of July? :eek: Feb/Mar or Oct/Nov are the best time for such lifestyle shows, attending which has no incentives attached, if you know what I mean. People would go even out of interest if it was an automobile show ;):lol: On a serious note, moral of the story is - end-user orientation is reducing year-by-year. So is the attendance.

@15 it seems a bit overpriced. I was expecting more like 10, considering they were selling the Clearaudio Concept at close to US pricing..

Although I am not an audiophile, yet I visited the show on Saturday. Honestly speaking I found the audio gears very very expensive and beyond the reach of a common man. Moreover whole of the Focus was on Speakers/Active speakers, Amplifiers, DAC, Network Media streamer....No LED/LCD , Plasma and there was no display of Mid segment Audio video cables/Interconnectors... Some time back I also visited Hi Fi show in Noida organised by AV Max... And I liked that very much. But this is my personal observation.

Attachments

• WP_20140712_006.jpg
    WP_20140712_006.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 115
If I remember correctly the sf was prices around 3.85

Correct + VAT;
The VA Speaker was @ 15 Lacs ++
:p

Thank goodness, it is still a shade under twice the US SRP :p

US SRP is 3499/3999 depending on the finish. 10-20% discount is common if you know the dealer. It's an easy calculation from there :clapping:

I have developed a liking for SF and VA. They are some of the most musical speakers. Unfortunately Indian D&D are not pricing it appropriately.

US SRP is 3499/3999 depending on the finish. 10-20% discount is common if you know the dealer. It's an easy calculation from there :clapping:

I have developed a liking for SF and VA. They are some of the most musical speakers. Unfortunately Indian D&D are not pricing it appropriately.

OMG.

4/- K US $'s is 275/-K [on the higher side]

The Price in India is 400/- K ++ [VAT Included]

I wonder how they sell @ those price....
Import Duty is Capped @ 30 % on the higher side...

Strange / Most Strange...

Sonus faber Venere 3.0 Loudspeakers – Reviews | TONEAudio MAGAZINE

Correction - Black Finish is @ US $'s 3,500/- a fair..
:rolleyes:

I wonder how they sell @ those price....
Import Duty is Capped @ 30 % on the higher side...

Strange / Most Strange...

I guess the issue plaguing the Indian High End 2-channel market isn't really lack of buyers or interest from buyers. It's something far more basic and simple: Greed, with a generous dose of pride.

There really isn't any cure for this particular malaise. Instead of looking outwards into the market and wondering why nothing sells, maybe the industry should look inwards.

Coupled with the fact that these dealers and distributors must be getting these at dealer prices which are quite a bit under the SRP of these products. Considering that most of dealers/distributors attitude is not towards the volumes but are rather more interested in the exclusivity and getting super normal profits for selling a few odd pieces has led to this situation.

Maybe this has led to quite a no. of FMs as well as some others that I know to go for the import route including buying from amazon, usa. This heightened interest has made many shop and ship companies like borderlinx, viapost, ishopinternational, etc to flourish. People should take into account if prices are decent then most of the people will buy from the authorized shops/dealers. It is only because of the exorbitant pricing which leads one to import goods most of time leading to savings of a handsome amount for the end user. The only downside seems to be that in case of problems we need to send back the unit to purchasing location, this is a risk which is being taken by a majority of the people here. It is thanks to this forum that many people have imported goods resulting in considerable savings.

In this context I would like to mention that, The Listening Room in Bangalore where Jochen never sells any of his products above the mrp in Germany /source country from where he sources his stocks.

In this context I would like to mention that, The Listening Room in Bangalore where Jochen never sells any of his products above the mrp in Germany /source country from where he sources his stocks.

Perhaps we should have a thread in the dealer feedback section to honour such fair-price dealers and encourage people to buy from them.

@15 it seems a bit overpriced. I was expecting more like 10, considering they were selling the Clearaudio Concept at close to US pricing..

10 Lacs would be a very-very fair price, considering that the dealer margin on high end speakers is more than the entry level bread n butter stuff. But at 15 Lacs they are literally saying, please don't buy from us.

I guess the issue plaguing the Indian High End 2-channel market isn't really lack of buyers or interest from buyers. It's something far more basic and simple: Greed, with a generous dose of pride.

There really isn't any cure for this particular malaise. Instead of looking outwards into the market and wondering why nothing sells, maybe the industry should look inwards.

Can't agree more.

I had spoken to the SF India distributor. After I got the prices, I mentioned that the prices had heavy mark up. They were completely unapologetic. Greed with pride, perfectly dotted.

It's the same with most others. When I was hunting for DACs, the only dealer that agreed to sell at acceptable prices was Antilope Audio India Dist. Even they had a markup, but to a digest-able extent. Ultimately I ended up sourcing everything abroad and get shipped. Difference to me was worth the headache and sleepless nights between I paid and got my stuff one-piece.

High end market has assumed that only HNIs can be their target customers and that's what they are targeting. I guess it makes more business sense to them than dealing with HNI segment than others. On the other hand they could sell at low profit and sell more quantities. I have no idea why such a thought doesn't cross their mind.

Respected Sir,

What you say is right & good;
The Only 'issue' I see here is 'dealer margin'

Let me try and explain;

All SRP's have a 30 % margin included for the Local Dealer.
So, if a product imported by a D & D in Mumbai is sold by a Dealer in ND then the 'local' dealer takes 30 % as his 'margin'

Now, in the case of the person you mentioned - I do not have the facts & therefore will not comment - but if a person wants to buy his products in Mumbai - from a Dealer - will he still get it @ German List Price ?
If so, then it is 'super' !

:indifferent14:

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back