What Hi Fi show 2014 is announced

ranjeetrain

What Hi Fi show 2014 has been announced. Initial thrust is provided by our very own HiFiVision and The Audiophile websites.

Link to the official site: http://www.whathifi.in/

A lot of work is to be done. It's just a beginning, but hopefully it will turn out to be a great show.

My wish-list for the show:

(1) MBL Speakers in a well set demo room
(2) Vienna Acoustics speakers in a well set demo room
(3) Triangle Speakers in a well set demo room
(4) Ascendo Speakers (especially the C7) in a well set demo room
(4) Harbeth Speakers (especially the Monitor 30.1) in a well set demo room

What's on your wish-list?

Who is coming along to the party?

Last edited:
What Hi Fi show 2014 has been announced.

Who is coming along to the party?

I am booked;
10th I arrive.
13th I depart.
My Stay is not done - still looking for the correct place to stay in Gurgaon.
Suggestions would be appreciated.
:licklips:
5th May, 2014 I was booked.
Hope the Show is not 'postponed or cancelled'

I am in for the Party....Mazher, you can look at a number of hotels in Gurgaon such as the Park Plaza, Lemon Tree and many others all in the vicinity of the Leela of maybe 1-2 km radius...

Gurgaon members, please help Mazher with options...

I am booked;
10th I arrive.
13th I depart.
My Stay is not done - still looking for the correct place to stay in Gurgaon.
Suggestions would be appreciated.
:licklips:
5th May, 2014 I was booked.
Hope the Show is not 'postponed or cancelled'

Gurgaon is full of nice places. You'll find a good place for sure. Gurgaon is also great for bar-loving crowd. So "evening after the evenings" should also be enjoyable.

What hifi show in Delhi...

Any hopes of getting ne discount on good brands during the show... like Naim? Someone who attended last one mumbai can share his experience?

Re: What hifi show in Delhi...

Any hopes of getting ne discount on good brands during the show... like Naim? Someone who attended last one mumbai can share his experience?

There is always a possibility;
Come tot he Show.
a]
Listen to the gear.
b]
See the gear.
c]
Meet the people behind the brands.
d]
Break the ice with the D & D's

Maybe some good comes out of it.
Even if you do not get a 'deal' on a product you want - this is a great chance to spend a few hours & absorb what ever is there in India - on the audio front - to offer to you..
Ken Ishiwata - Marantz & Wilfed Einholz - Dynaudio were present - physically - so one could meet / talk etc.
God knows who all are scheduled to visit ?

All said - there can be no down side in visiting an audio show - one will only walk away wiser & having got exposed to more audio & maybe video.

Please do come & spend 1 day @ the show at least;
:p

Very true. Shows like this are a platform for "first contact".

You see her. You fall for her. Then you look for ways to meet her more often. You start meeting her, gradually you are ready to propose :lol:

That said, sometimes, wise dealers also offer discount on "on the spot" bookings. But since majority of the time it's D/D supported initiative, you can't expect straight discount. But you can always gauge if you can get discount or not, and in what order of.

But the biggest reason for going to these shows is the ability to see (and hear) in person so many brands under one roof. I really give no credit to listening environment in shows, but at least you get visuals added with "first impression".

Speaking of visuals: visuals are very important. See pictures on Internet many a times doesn't give even 10% idea of how an equipment looks in person. Take B&W 800D for instance. Unless one has seen such an speaker in person, the person doesn't even begin to get an idea of how these speakers are. Meridian CD players. In pictures they look like any other CDP. But in person they feel so substantial, they also make a visual impact. Experiences like these can't be had without seeing the equipment.

Do visit such shows/exhibits. These are not that much of an ear-opening experience (in my books), but eye-opening for sure. Not to mention an opportunity for building bridges.

Hey all, it's been a while, but I'm back (Always seem to pop up at show time :p).

Show is from 11th to 13th July at Leela Gurgaon, and the party will most probably be on Saturday night (12th).

Unfortunately, I won't be around for this show, I'm on leave during show dates. But our editor Nishant will be there, along with my colleague Kaizad (He'll be the bawa boy who goes from room to room listening to the systems and taking pictures).

There are a few more brands on show who weren't present at the Mumbai show last year, so definitely worth a visit.

Cheers!

Good to see the official guys "pop up". Look forward to meet you guys as well :)

Updates are slow. Not much traction?

Oh btw, I am an okay shutterbug too, and can be seen with a little camera dangling down my hand wherever I go in such shows. So would definitely click photos of whatever excites me.

Almost there;
I am off Tomorrow - will be @ The Leela - Gurgaon @ 1600 ++
If any ND members are to be present - do give me a shout.
Can catch up for a coffee / beer / chat.
Looking forward to the show.
Will post - once I am back - Monday.
Hopefully with a few pics;
Looking forward to a good show in ND.:clapping:

... would definitely click photos of whatever excites me.

Are you sure that's legal? :cool: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, though, thoroughly envious of cities that get a real hifi audio show. Wish I could be there for meeting, seeing, drooling and listening. :eek:hyeah:

Next best thing will be seeing those exiting photos: looking forward to the posts!

Are you sure that's legal? :cool: :lol: :lol:!

I sincerely hope there won't be any illegal things to excite me. Last guests organizer would want is a bunch of cops. :lol:

Show should be great. A lot of companies setting shop. But I am shocked at the lack of interest in the show. And people complain they don't get enough opportunities to hear gear. :eek:

I want to be there but I am nervous due to 1) proper lack of knowledge 2) Products on display are of highest value and 3) Nobody is interested to display a moderately priced equipment and 4) I might plan to buy (in future) something that is way beyond my capacity to afford

Also, I do not consider myself qualified enough to meet the FM gurus. But I will be there. Most probably on Saturday.

Vinay, do not be nervous. The show is there to tempt ears, eyes and, of course, wallets. Any decent salesman should realise that, even if your wallet is not full today, it might be tomorrow, or that your word of mouth may bring somebody else to them.

Look, listen, enjoy --- and if you encounter audio snobbery, just return the contempt and move on to someone more civilised.

As to our forum gurus, they are the last people that you should be nervous of, and the first people who can, and will, help you to know more. I speak from experience!

...and anyway, it is not about knowledge. There is no enjoying-music exam*!

If you go to Pt Shiv Kumar Sharmar's concerts, you may hear him advise the audience not to worry about how much they don't know, and tell them that is is often those with no knowledge that get the most out of just listening, connecting, and feeling with the music. I think he is very right!

*And if there is, it would be about the music, not the playback equipment!

@Thad E Ginathom : Thank you Sir..that was very comforting. Actually I am afraid of myself more than others. I might be attracted to buy something which I did not plan earlier. Also, it is not like I can't spend the money but you know we have other priorities as well. Further, by God's grace my better half is very supportive in this matter so risk is greater.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back