What HiFi Show Bangalore

Not much of a stereo guy, i'll be visiting to take stock of HT offerings. Maybe on Friday and Saturday morning

Hi,

Visited Jochen Semler on Monday as I had spent the long weekend in Bangalore. Wanted to listen to his new set-up of Trigon Premium Linie components, Manger speakers and WSS top-of-line cables. This system sounds just fantastic. Have never heard something like that before. Hes having an open house event on all the three days of the What HiFi show from 9am to 9pm. I recommend that you should all spare some time of the day and visit him to experience this sound. Especially for those who come from the TN side its no extra way to drive as Jochens place is on the way.

@raghupb..I have 2 days of official meeting on 19th and 20th but definitely make it on 21st. I missed the chance last year, so want to make up for that lost opportunity to meet FM's this time.

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk

But, I will 'help' the KEI Room with set up etc.
I look forward to the Show.

Any chance we could be a part of seeing you do the setup?

Not much of a stereo guy, i'll be visiting to take stock of HT offerings. Maybe on Friday and Saturday morning

What time are you planning to visit? We have a whatsapp group with almost 15 members now. Probably we can have a hifi meet on Sunday.

Hi,

Visited Jochen Semler on Monday as I had spent the long weekend in Bangalore. Wanted to listen to his new set-up of Trigon Premium Linie components, Manger speakers and WSS top-of-line cables. This system sounds just fantastic. Have never heard something like that before. Hes having an open house event on all the three days of the What HiFi show from 9am to 9pm. I recommend that you should all spare some time of the day and visit him to experience this sound. Especially for those who come from the TN side its no extra way to drive as Jochens place is on the way.

Is he showcasing the setup at the whathifi show?

MaSh

Is he showcasing the setup at the whathifi show?

MaSh

No, he has an open house event on all three days at his residence in Smilee Greens, a beautiful layout near Electronics City.
Jochen Semler is a German audiophile who lives in Bangalore since 25 years, and who is into HighEnd Audio for more than 40 years.

Any chance we could be a part of seeing you do the setup?
MaSh
Sir,
There is nothing to do.
I will be @ the Hotel [Show] from 2100 on Thursday.
But there is no room for me to set up. All are HT & that is something I do not understand nor can I install. KEI has 3 HT Rooms @ WHF Show.
So I will be at the show 'just visiting'
No Set up.
No Demo.

Any attendance from other southern states (KL, TN, AP, TS) and other cities in KA?
sidvee, Nikhil, sound_cycle, venkatcr, Captain, rajesh??
Would love to have a friendly banter with sound_cycle about room modes and stuff (over a beer if permissible :D)

I will be at the show on Saturday. Wave if you see me.
Looking forward to meeting other forum members at the show.

I will be visiting on Saturday. Hoping to meet as many of you as possible.

Registered for the 'invite' :)

his address.
No. B-5/6, Smilee Greens,
Huskur Road, Estate Club,
Bangalore - 560099, India
Phone: +91-80-27848255
[email protected]

even i have to listen to the Mangers once.

I visited last weekend and had a listen to manger speakers for the very first time. Those transducers sound true to their reputation. Extremely articulate and musical. The speakers ability to portray the intention of the artists is phenomenal. Jochen is still experimenting with the speaker positioning which is quite critical. Also, people might prefer a slightly different positioning, so keep an open mind when listening to them.

i booked for Friday and will be visiting after lunch. May visit on Saturday too if it is interesting

Attended for a couple of hours on day 1.
Registration is on 2nd floor with a couple of suites. Most listening rooms are on 6th floor.
No pics, sorry guys. It did not occur to me in the melee.
I don't know much about HT, I claim to know about 2-ch; so there you go, disclaimer done with. Here is my low down.

1. ProFx Suite(s)
Suite 1:
KEF Ci series in 7.2.2 Atmos; Atmos speakers were down firing. Way to noisy; felt like I was in a cheap theater or noisy bar. Someone needs to tell them that volume control is a valuable knob.
And wonder why Dolby Atmos demo has an Enrique Iglesias music video.
I cringed and walked out after few minutes.
Suite 2:
Inside the suite, they had lined up their Polk offerings. LSiM was in action, but after being shell shocked by the HT experience did not feel like listening to them.
Anyways, I have heard these in their showroom; no novelty value for moi.
Outside the suite, KEF-Q, KEF R, Reference and Blade FS were on display (eye candy only).
Really wish they had hooked up the Reference or Blade to a suitable amp for listening.
Verdict: Stonehenge like monoliths outside, noisy bar inside.

2. Klipsch Suite
When I went in there was no demo, it was crowded with floor reps busy engaging visitors. So really did not experience anything.

3. Invention Audio (must visit room)
Very tastefully done 2-ch setup. Speakers reminded me of Wilson Audio type design.
TL speakers, with Woofer, Mid, Tweeter in separate enclosures, stacked one on top of the other using tiny metal feet as separators.
The crossover was on display outside; these speakers were driven by 10W Class-A amps (with a power conditioner).
7.5L for speakers and 7L (I may have heard wrong here) for amps/conditioner.
Price apart, they perform beautifully. On one track, I swear I could hear the click of drumsticks 6 feet behind the speaker plane.
Sat and listened to an entire section of Pirates of Caribbean soundtrack.
The entire setup tricked my brain. I could see the speakers in front of me, but the music was floating in and out from the curtains 6 feet behind the speaker plane.
Wonder what will happen if you fire one up and then go listen to them. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds :D
I will surely go back when I visit again Sat or Sun.

4. Devialet (Starship Enterprise like offerings)
They have playing, Gold Phantom in mono and Silver Phantoms in Stereo (or dialog mode as they like to call it).
Heard both. Was greatly impressed with the Silver series. Gold Phantom was confusing.
The Silvers are truly phantom speakers. I could not place them at all (even with eyes open)
They had MJ's Billie Jean on demo, a track I have not listened to for many many years.
They have the Expert series only on display. They look like shiny "Induction Hot Plates". Seriously!!
If I wasn't at an Audio show and seen them, I would have donned an apron, grabbed a pan, some eggs and tried to make an omelette right there.
Urge all to visit this room.

5. KEI (Denon + ELAC) - Dealer is DYNOX; confused about who is who here
Went in and again Enrique Iglesias in Atmos demo (up firing mode). Thankfully it was not a noisy bar. The setup was nicely done and I actually enjoyed the music video.
Politely asked to hear ELACs in 2-ch mode. The guys more than obliged and demo'ed the Debut FS and one other series FS (I think it was 500).
The debut series was seriously good in detail, though I was not convinced about the bass.
The other series took the detail and bass up a notch but I personally felt they would cause ear fatigue very soon.
It may be my listening tastes at play here.

6. Dali
I think it was the Rubicon and Opticon series in action. really good speakers, but stuffed in a small space. Intend to visit again as the floor manager said they may rearrange tomorrow to showcase the capabilities better.

More to come Sat and/or Sun ...

Cheers,
Raghu

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back