Which 50inch Plasma?

Qondor

Hi all,

This is my first post in this forum as a member, though I have followed its posts for awhile now. Thanks to the various posts, think I have finally narrowed down my choice to the following TVs, wanted your advice to finalise on one:

1) Samsung 51D550
2) LG PK550

Reasons for selecting the above - Full HD (owe to all the posts again, which made me upgrade my choice from HD-Ready); price (approx 60K, need help on the best deal possible) and the size (50"). I am not very particular about 3D/ 3D ready, but want good PQ.

Thanking all in anticipation.

happy viewing
Qondor

You can get panasonic 50V20D tv for less than 65k . Many dealers are selling for very competitive prices.

I got 50PK550 exactly 14 Months Back( my emi is closed just yesterday :) ) . The Cost was 61500/-. Am pretty happy with the same.

To my eyes Mine is better than Panasonic 50U20 which my friend bought for 55K just 3 months back.

Seach forum users have faced issues with Both Samsung 51D550 and LG PK500.
Also isn;t this model out of production now?

Thanx for the inputs. I left out Panasonic from my choice set owing to the price, which I assumed would be close to 70/80k+. Is there a major diff between 50u20d and 50v20d (price and quality)?

And yes, LG PK550 maybe end of life as I didnt see too many links on the net.

Thanx for the inputs. I left out Panasonic from my choice set owing to the price, which I assumed would be close to 70/80k+. Is there a major diff between 50u20d and 50v20d (price and quality)?

And yes, LG PK550 maybe end of life as I didnt see too many links on the net.
there is a vast difference between 2 models and should not be compared..
read the forum carefully..you will get more than you want..

Hi all,

This is my first post in this forum as a member, though I have followed its posts for awhile now. Thanks to the various posts, think I have finally narrowed down my choice to the following TVs, wanted your advice to finalise on one:

1) Samsung 51D550
2) LG PK550

Reasons for selecting the above - Full HD (owe to all the posts again, which made me upgrade my choice from HD-Ready); price (approx 60K, need help on the best deal possible) and the size (50"). I am not very particular about 3D/ 3D ready, but want good PQ.

Thanking all in anticipation.

happy viewing
Qondor

Both are excellent tv's and very highly rated. The LG is an older one and is now discontinued i think. However, as always you should demo both the tv under low light and then decide. Remember to demo HD and SD content.

HAving said that let me add that if you do go for any of the above 2 tv's which no doubt are great...............you are still depriving yourself of the best 2D tv in the market.........Panasonic V20!!! you have to demo this tv to believe what it can do. There is a group buy going on for the v20, so please do whatever it takes but grab this tv, it is worth every penny, you will never regret it. Regret you will if you don't get it.

dont even compare the entry level panasonic series to the V20, which is the top of the line with neo pdp panel and infinite black.

Thanx to all your inputs I am sold on v20. Pls point me in the direction of the group which is intending to buy it. Just out of curiosity is there a significant diff between v20 and v30? I am not a videophile, but having come this far might as well know what else is out there.

Go for 50V20 if it's in range of 60-65K. That's a very good option available as of now.

Ditch the LG 2011 PDPs. They are just utter rubbish in terms of what a decent 2011 Plasma should and can do.

Thanx to all your inputs I am sold on v20. Pls point me in the direction of the group which is intending to buy it. Just out of curiosity is there a significant diff between v20 and v30? I am not a videophile, but having come this far might as well know what else is out there.

In India Panasonic has launched V20 and VT30, there is no V30. V20 is 2D while VT30 is 3D and also the BEST and MOST expensive plasma tv by panasonic. VT30 is top of the line and many are even calling it the best tv of 2011. if you want 2D........V20 is what you need!!!

For those who maybe still interested in a Pana 50v20D. Last 7 pieces available at Devi Electronics, qouting 64k (but can negotiate).
Freebees - wireless keyboard (only useful thing), couple of useless vouchers and a cheap looking reebok watch.
Contact - Ramesh -9980760797.
Bajaj Finance available (DP-2200; EMI-3734x15).

For those who maybe still interested in a Pana 50v20D. Last 7 pieces available at Devi Electronics, qouting 64k (but can negotiate).
Freebees - wireless keyboard (only useful thing), couple of useless vouchers and a cheap looking reebok watch.
Contact - Ramesh -9980760797.
Bajaj Finance available (DP-2200; EMI-3734x15).

Hey Qondon.. Have you ordered the V20 yet?
If no, also check out the VT20 model which is being sold for ~74k with 2 3D glasses. The 3D glasses alone cost 9k each.
Same performance as V20 for 2D but with 3D and a slightly better anti reflective filter. This was the top end model of the last year (along with V20 ofcourse).

If no, also check out the VT20 model which is being sold for ~74k with 2 3D glasses. The 3D glasses alone cost 9k each.
Same performance as V20 for 2D but with 3D and a slightly better anti reflective filter. This was the top end model of the last year (along with V20 ofcourse).

The 3D glasses don't cost 9k each.they cost 4K confirmed from my visit to chroma

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

VT20 for 74k................excellent price!!!
should not be missed.

I saw an offer in Reliance digital (Vashi)
VT20 @ Rs. 89,900
Gold pendant worth Rs. 10,000 free (claimed)
Cash back of 10% that is Rs. 9000
Thus net is Rs. 70,900
15 month 0% EMI from Bajaj

Cash back means they will give voucher of 10% value and you can redeem it for any other products.

BTW this is one awesome TV I have ever demoed.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back