which is best dvd player

vote for the best brand dvd player

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

audio

Hi everybody very glad to know abt this forum . I'd like to know which brand dvd player is best with usb port onida,philips,samsung or lg and ofcourse which model . my budget is 2500 - 3500. and that plays almost all formats including mkv(!). any reviews about philips dvp3256, onida dfx5959,5990,7451, samsung p480r. plz help me.

Last edited:
Hi everybody very glad to know abt this forum . I'd like to know which brand dvd player is best with usb port onida,philips,samsung or lg and ofcourse which model . my budget is 2500 - 3500. and that plays almost all formats including mkv(!). any reviews about philips 3556, onida 5959,5990,7451, samsung p480r. plz help me.

You will need to wait for a year (or more) if you want DVDP to handle MKV at that cost. Barring that Philips does everything else very well and at the price range you've indicated. For MKV and HD rips look at WDTV posted in different threads on this very forum.

Though I use Onida DVDp, I think currently philips is doing better.
Cant say durability.

Hello,

I think you should consider Pioneer in the list. I have been using it (DVD 686 AS) for the past 2 1/2 years, its performance will outdo the Indian Brands, both in terms of picture clarity as well as Audio output.

Thanks,

N Murali.

I think ,the poll can be more specific like
1.Oppo980/983
2.CA Dv99
3.Pio610
4.Onkyo406

These players are similar in features,differ in prices but compititive in performances.

So how can they be rated?

my thoughts exactly spiro.shootouts should be done for differing brands, similar spec,in the same price band.otherwise how can it be an unbiased comparo??cheers

I am using ondia and philps as well.relaiabily is an issue with Onida but Picture and sound Q is better than Philips and the User interface is better in the Philips.

hai friends thanks for sharing your views. anyway I've bought philips dvp3266 for Rs2950 and it is working fine and also it has the facility to update its software to play the latest formats.

Agree, I also feel that the voting should be for DVD players in a price range and we can then have multiple threads for each price range. This would give forum members a better picture on the BEST players in a specific price range.

However, over to the senior members to suggest the price ranges.

Philips DVP 5996K is best for India. It has got good stuffs like USB, DivX ultra, HDMI, Karoake & easier firmware upgrade through USB. But it doesn't have HDMI cable supplied with the unit.

Hook it up creative 5.1/7.1 PC speaker set to get good sound quality for the price you paid. you can't expect the sound equal to commercial HTS like Sony, panasonic & pioneer. But it has decent sound/picture quality with 1080i upscaling.

how much does this cost?

Philips DVP 5996K is best for India. It has got good stuffs like USB, DivX ultra, HDMI, Karoake & easier firmware upgrade through USB. But it doesn't have HDMI cable supplied with the unit.

Hook it up creative 5.1/7.1 PC speaker set to get good sound quality for the price you paid. you can't expect the sound equal to commercial HTS like Sony, panasonic & pioneer. But it has decent sound/picture quality with 1080i upscaling.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back