Which one? P50UT50 or PS51F5500. Please Suggest

Grabbed it... :p

Thanks Yogi for sharing the great deal. Got it for 65k plus 4/14 emi scheme. I finally decided for this one being the best vfm model.

Expecting delivery tomorrow.

congrats............awaiting your review!!!

Grabbed it... :p

Thanks Yogi for sharing the great deal. Got it for 65k plus 4/14 emi scheme. I finally decided for this one being the best vfm model.

Expecting delivery tomorrow.

65K is the best price heard so far. Price quoted in Bangalore was much higher.
Congratulations and enjoy !!!

Thanks Sunil, Kix & Aakash

Actually price made me drool, no doubt I could not find any fault with the TV except that it is not a looker like Sony W950 or Samy 8 series. But what the hack, I saved quite a few thousands which will help me in getting more original content, specially BDs.

Actually price made me drool, no doubt I could not find any fault with the TV except that it is not a looker like Sony W950 or Samy 8 series. But what the hack, I saved quite a few thousands which will help me in getting more original content, specially BDs.
That is right. As they say, Beauty is just skin deep. :D

Thank you guys. Sorry for late reply here as I aint that active on tech forums these days. Used to be a hyperactive on thinkdigit / techenclave / various tech forums. I am a twitter person these days ;) Also I was quite busy with my tv :yahoo: :yahoo:

Got the delivery and installation done yesterday evening. Looks gigantic in my living room which is medium sized one. Excellent picture quality for its price and much better than my LG 32" 3D LED.

Yes, price is very good but I know a dealer who can even better this with 2k less :eek:hyeah: but sadly he didn't had any stocks and I was in a hurry to get this before any potential price increase due to dollar effect. That dealer was offering me last year's E550 51" plasma for 63k. If anyone interested then let me know, I can help you get it for that price :)

There is a huge margin in these tvs for dealers. Always try to bargain to get good price.

@manzb - Where do you got your tv from ? Same showroom ? Pls share the best setttings for picture / sound and the necessary precautions to take care of to avoid screen burn / image retention.

Will continue to post in official thread here onwards, cheers guys :)

I have kept my tv on a stand it came with. I will wall mount it later. Pls tell me if you got this four leg kind of stand with your tv or conventional one ? Because I got a convectional stand with my tv. Check this > View our gallery of photos for the Samsung PS51F5500

Thank you guys. Sorry for late reply here as I aint that active on tech forums these days. Used to be a hyperactive on thinkdigit / techenclave / various tech forums. I am a twitter person these days ;) Also I was quite busy with my tv :yahoo: :yahoo:

Got the delivery and installation done yesterday evening. Looks gigantic in my living room which is medium sized one. Excellent picture quality for its price and much better than my LG 32" 3D LED.

Yes, price is very good but I know a dealer who can even better this with 2k less :eek:hyeah: but sadly he didn't had any stocks and I was in a hurry to get this before any potential price increase due to dollar effect. That dealer was offering me last year's E550 51" plasma for 63k. If anyone interested then let me know, I can help you get it for that price :)

There is a huge margin in these tvs for dealers. Always try to bargain to get good price.

@manzb - Where do you got your tv from ? Same showroom ? Pls share the best setttings for picture / sound and the necessary precautions to take care of to avoid screen burn / image retention.

Will continue to post in official thread here onwards, cheers guys :)

Yogi- Many thanx. It is because of the price you have negotiated, I went ahead and closed the deal at the same store. Just gave your reference, and they agreed without a word.

The best part is that the TV is expected to be delivered today, and in the morning the installation guy was at home, whereas the TV is yet to arrive :eek:hyeah:

I will wall mount it, as I already have a space dedicated for the same.

Anyway, looking for more information regarding the set like calibration etc at the official thread. For the IR issue, please refer the thread by Kix for step by step guide, which is essential for first 200/300 hrs.

hi everybody i am new to this forum.i am a die-hard fan of plasma.i have been using
panasonic plasmas for the past 5 years,first py80 then g10 and now v20 all 42 inches.i then decided to go for a bigger screen and wanted to go for a samsung plama.i went to the samsung showroom and took a demo of 51f5500 and to my surprise the picture of samsung was much better than any of my previous plasmas.the image is much more cleaner than panasonic.that means better clarity than panasonic.SD looks much better and HD even better.SD(DTH) on panasonic plasmas look very ordinary.samsung plasmas
have a digital look(more cleaner) and panasonic have an analogue look(less cleaner).i love the digital look and i have decided to purchase the f5500.

I am also in the same page , F5500 availability is better than UT50 .. So planning to go towards F5500 .. Is this decision fine ? , I dont game , Just HD n SD content and some 3D if I get some .. !

3D is awesome at 5500. If you can't go for the top of the range 8500 (which is available in 64" only) or ST60 from Pana, this is your only option for a really good PQ at a price one can easily afford.

Back