which projector to buy?

Well i saw many reviews on epson tw700, seems like an awesome projector, unfortunately only epson dealers are selling it here in India, dunno wether it is available in grey market, dealers are quoting 90K + vat, while the same in US is costing around 1200$ ...

anyone using the same model locally here in India ?

Well i saw many reviews on epson tw700, seems like an awesome projector, unfortunately only epson dealers are selling it here in India, dunno wether it is available in grey market, dealers are quoting 90K + vat, while the same in US is costing around 1200$ ...

anyone using the same model locally here in India ?

So Dushie, have you bought any projector yet?

Well my house is still under construction, so will take some time to complete,

Have not bought any PJ yet , but after having discussion and researching i will be going for Optoma HD 65,

As of now i have bought the hdmi, component cables and other wires,

will be getting speaker wires from mridul for installation probably next month it should happen .

For the screen i am still awaiting for pricing but , plan to go for Model C dalite screen 78" x 139" size, either video spectra or silver .

it may take around 2 to 3 months to get the house ready, but this is what i have planned after doing research and reading reviews,

Well my house is still under construction, so will take some time to complete,

Have not bought any PJ yet , but after having discussion and researching i will be going for Optoma HD 65,

As of now i have bought the hdmi, component cables and other wires,

will be getting speaker wires from mridul for installation probably next month it should happen .

For the screen i am still awaiting for pricing but , plan to go for Model C dalite screen 78" x 139" size, either video spectra or silver .

it may take around 2 to 3 months to get the house ready, but this is what i have planned after doing research and reading reviews,

Dushie, I have auditioned Hitachi PJ TX-100 last week its seems awesome for the price it is available. I think with lil bi of haggling one should be able to procure it for 45k all cash deal. I am seriously considering going for this PJ.

Dushie, I have auditioned Hitachi PJ TX-100 last week its seems awesome for the price it is available. I think with lil bi of haggling one should be able to procure it for 45k all cash deal. I am seriously considering going for this PJ.

The hitachi TX 100 is a good machine and has plenty of reviews online, it knocked out the competition when it was launched, it has a dvi port, so u can use a hdmi to dvi convertor to connect hdmi cable to the same ,
In 45k with company warranty is is a good deal,

The bulb which comes with the Tx 100 is the same as on Tx 300, only difference is that tx300 have improved panel and circuitry inside

Hi micjak77,

Where are you getting the Hitachi for 45K, I need some more details on the same as I am on the look out for Projectors. Thank in Advance.

Hi micjak77,

Where are you getting the Hitachi for 45K, I need some more details on the same as I am on the look out for Projectors. Thank in Advance.

Only_me sights and sound vision were selling tx 100 units for around 50k, try to check out the same, u may get a good deal on the same from them

Hmm.. I am now torn between Optoma HD 65 and Hitachi PJ TX-100. What do you think?

Hmm.. I am now torn between Optoma HD 65 and Hitachi PJ TX-100. What do you think?

I will recommend you audition the both and buy the one u like, as Optoma is a DLP and tx 100 is an lcd , both are different technologies,

Audition both and decide which one to buy.

For the screen i haven't got the costing yet, but in US it is costing around 600$

Hey Dushie,

Can you gimme the contact details of Sight and Sound I am unable to find them in their website.

Thanks for your help

Re: Projector - Screen - Wall colours

Dushie,

I can assure you that the screen size of 144 inches wide is very big for your room size, the viewing distance should be around 30/35 feet to view the screen size of 144 inches, while your viewing distance is around 21 feet, this is a huge gap.

For your room size, the screen should not be wide by more then 72/80 inches, the calculation which you are saying i do not understand that, please take a opinion on this from some reliable source.

If you are planning to buy a dalite screen i can give you a source, you can get a good price from them, once you have this price, you can compare it with others.

The colours which you will choose for the roof and walls, it should not be bright, how about going for wall paper. Please consider blue colour as most of the theatres fabric walls are of blue colour.

My mini theatre walls are of fabric. I had bought several colours of fabric, each colour fabric was 4 feet wide, and the length was around 8 feet, i used to put these fabrics on the wall and observe for a few days, and then out of that finally i choose the red fabric for my theatre. At one point i had approved some brown type fabric, i bought for the full room, and then after putting it i realized i have not liked it, so that full money in-directly went down the hill.

Vinay.

Hi Vinay,

I have few Qs,pls answer.

1.For 42in diagonal screen, what is the minimum resolution of projector needed to get good shap picture?

2.Is frequent servicing needed for any DLP projector?Is there any special care or maintainance required for projector(any ideal condition required?)

3.Is projector lamp very costly?

4.What will be the average cost of the projector with HDMI input?

Hi Vinay,

I have few Qs,pls answer.

1.For 42in diagonal screen, what is the minimum resolution of projector needed to get good shap picture?

2.Is frequent servicing needed for any DLP projector?Is there any special care or maintainance required for projector(any ideal condition required?)

3.Is projector lamp very costly?

4.What will be the average cost of the projector with HDMI input?

42 inch diagonal???? Why don't you just buy a normal LCD/Plasma TV? There is no point in buying projector for the same. To answer your question - Any cheapie projector will display good picture in that size.

42 inch diagonal???? Why don't you just buy a normal LCD/Plasma TV? There is no point in buying projector for the same. To answer your question - Any cheapie projector will display good picture in that size.

I tried LCD but due to interiors I have to go for 32 in which is very small
looking from 12ft.

So I thought of projector as screen can ge rolled off.
So pls post pro & cons of DLP projectors.

I tried LCD but due to interiors I have to go for 32 in which is very small
looking from 12ft.

So I thought of projector as screen can ge rolled off.
So pls post pro & cons of DLP projectors.

Pro - Brighter picture, Cheaper
Con - Noisier, Some people notice rainbow artifacts

For 42" display, there is no need for this research. Just buy any cheap 800X600 projector that you can find.

Hey Dushie,

Can you gimme the contact details of Sight and Sound I am unable to find them in their website.

Thanks for your help

So have you finalized any projector yet? Did you check out Hitachi PJ TX-100?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back