Which TV if long lifespan preferred?

hfvuser

Budget: under 1L
Size: Less than 55"
Use Case: Movies, TV shows in in bedroom.
Preference: Long life, good contrast (I usually watch on medium brightness), burn-in avoidance.
Context: I am using my Panasonic Vierra E6 since almost 10 years I think and it is still super strong. So I want the next TV to also last 10+ years.

Question 1) What are my options?
Question 2) Is QLED / MicroLED worth it? Any disadvantages / advantages of this technology?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Preference: Long life, good contrast (I usually watch on medium brightness), burn-in avoidance.
Context: I am using my Panasonic Vierra E6 since almost 10 years I think and it is still super strong. So I want the next TV to also last 10+ years.

Question 2) Is QLED / MicroLED worth it? Any disadvantages / advantages of this technology?

Thanks.
Not OLED. Other displays don't suffer from burn in unless I'm hugely mistaken.

Thanks.
1)Lg OLED C2 42",LG OLED A2 probably.But for less than 55" you wouldnt get MicroLED and Samsungs NEO QLED.The options in Sony end would be Sony X80K mainly in LED/Lcd range below 1L.If you go for 55# then the options do get better.It seems sony does last a lot more.

2)Definitly i guess.But depends on what you usually view viz., DTH vs apps on firestick or apple tv etc(burn in issue).Brightness in you room and placement where sunlight falls directly on screen etc in case of OLED.
Microled it seems isnt available on sizes below 55 inches

1)Lg OLED C2 42",LG OLED A2 probably.But for less than 55" you wouldnt get MicroLED and Samsungs NEO QLED.The options in Sony end would be Sony X80K mainly in LED/Lcd range below 1L.If you go for 55# then the options do get better.It seems sony does last a lot more.

2)Definitly i guess.But depends on what you usually view viz., DTH vs apps on firestick or apple tv etc(burn in issue).Brightness in you room and placement where sunlight falls directly on screen etc in case of OLED.
Microled it seems isnt available on sizes below 55 inches
But i read a lot of people getting burn-in in just 2-3 years. Whereas I want the TV to last ~10 years. So doesnt that disqualify OLED completely by a huge margin?

But i read a lot of people getting burn-in in just 2-3 years. Whereas I want the TV to last ~10 years. So doesnt that disqualify OLED completely by a huge margin?
Newer OLEDs last for about 4-5 years without burnin plus extended warranty helps (they do support in case of burn in too although its not a part of their TnC).

Coming to the point about wanting your TV to last for 10 years , its purely luck based these days. I have a Samsung QLED which went bad after 2 years , has bars across the top part of the screen and Samsung quoted an insane amount for panel replacement so been using it as is. Before this also we had a Samsung LCD TV which was purchased in 2007 and it worked perfectly fine till 2018 when we exchanged it for the QLED. While burn-in might not be a non-issue you never know what other issues might crop up post warranty

Thanks.
It's really a gamble with all electronic products. Usually a good branded TV like Sony, Samsung etc lasts a good number of years. Factors like dust, humidity also plays a big role. Ppl who live near the sea or very dusty areas faces lot of problems. I had a good experience with samsung that is running strong after 12 years. Sony is equally good. These days technology and features changes fast so everyone end up buying new ones in 4-5 years max.

I believe that nowadays, the electronics are not built to last. Its more of luck factor combined with other conditions like voltage quality, humidity etc. I remember, old CRT TVs of 1980s easily used to last 20-25 years.

I believe that nowadays, the electronics are not built to last. Its more of luck factor combined with other conditions like voltage quality, humidity etc. I remember, old CRT TVs of 1980s easily used to last 20-25 years.
Exactly. I am pretty sure that companies deliberately make products that break down after 4-5 years. I also saw some documentary about this sometime back.

I have LG C9 since 2019 June bought for Rs.2.3 plus extended warranty another 27k. Total 2.57 lakhs. So far it is in same condition as it was the day I bought it. Just once there was a software issue which got attended by engineer after that no problem. So don't bother about burn in please. Newer models are more reliable the common perception is. But traditional OLED is on verge of becoming outdated. QDOLED is going to replace it.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back