Windows 7 and Ubuntu 12.04

I am facing another problem with Windows 7.

I am unable to configure it to see my Samba server / NAS.
I keep on booting to my Linux partition to access it.

I had the same problem. The problem was fixed after I made some changes. Make sure

1. It is in a Workgroup (not a domain)
  2. Enable Homegroup

I boot into Linux from a live USB (on my work PC) but have a permanent install on my spare PC (kind of a spare PC reserved for R&D).

Linux experience is fantastic. The best thing about Ubuntu is the app store. It makes life so much easier.

I have been using ubuntu, opensuse since 2007, but still I cant even think about living without widows x. Linux configuration is too tough to handle and version to version it change. All depends on how much time you can spare in case it get corrupted.

For me it is simple waste of time to configure linux to make it par with windows let it be audio, graphics, OEM drivers or video. But if you have enough time then it is fun.

I cant even think about living without widows x.
I can ...and do. Most happily :D

But... I wonder if I would say the same if I was still using office software daily? Honestly, I am not so sure about that. My brief experiences with Libre Office is that it is sub-MS, and its desire in to interfere in what I want to do is even worse than MS Office. The only thing I can say is that Win-XP/Office-2000 would be fine for me for ever. No upgrades needed.
Linux configuration is too tough to handle...
Ubuntu is pretty-much plug'n'play. Without any unusual hardware or requirements, it is probably as easy to install as Windows.
...and version to version it change.
That is a pain, but, it's the same with Windows. Every new version is hours of Where the hell did they put this? and WTF: why can't I do that any longer?

What makes me saddest though, is the perpetual desire to change user interfaces for no good reason at all. Whilst MS has always been about imposing the latest "upgrade" on us, Linux should be about freedom. Hello Mr Shuttleworth!

what is the min hardware requirement to install Ubuntu 12.04 ??

My config is Intel Celeron 1.86 Ghz, 1 GB RAM

Is it possible to install and run without any problems ???

what is the min hardware requirement to install Ubuntu 12.04 ??

My config is Intel Celeron 1.86 Ghz, 1 GB RAM

Is it possible to install and run without any problems ???

The best way to check would be use a live CD/USB rive (USB drive is a little easier). I use 12.04/64 bit on an atom 1.8 GHz and it runs fine as a music server/player.

In general, one of the things that Linux is known for is making old machines useful, because it will run on lesser configurations. However, all this User-Interface stuff makes demands on the graphics.

You can boot from the release DVD into a live desktop. Thus, you can experience the system and how it runs on your machine, without actually installing it. EDIT ...as just suggested by thatguy :)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back