Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

Why don't you put in 70-75k and get

and

Just a suggestion. I wanted to try this but went for HTRT3 and have no regrets at all. But I can/could have afford/afforded the later too however my frugal side made the decision.

Dear MI Q1 owners: Do any of you guys have visible DSE or FALD banding while watching panning shots in Cricket n Football.

I am mentioning this cos my QN90A although having gorgeous image quality but there is subtle yet visible jailbar style banding in the centre of screen n it is distracting for a picky guy like me .

Since we can't return TVs easily in India hence I am involved in a tussle with Samsung to replace my panel.

Buying FALD TV's online or a packed set in India is a gamble due to the panel lottery n non existent return policy. It is better to check out FALD in person and no harm in buying that particular Demo panel...

and

Just a suggestion. I wanted to try this but went for HTRT3 and have no regrets at all. But I can/could have afford/afforded the later too however my frugal side made the decision.
HTRT3 is quite good but I hear Samsung T670 or latest A670 is arguably better but then it is priced 15 k more than HTRT3.

I have been following all the posts as I wanted to decide on buying this 75 inch TV. I am now confused seeing that many are facing problems with the TV especially with audio handshake with AVR's. Probably I would like to wait and see if Mi will resolve all the problem with this TV but seems like the price may further go up. However one thing I like with Mi is their service as it seems they are ready to replace the TV immediately if any fault is found even if it is 3 or 4 times unlike TCL. Push Mi to replace the TV for one more time, maybe things might get resolved with the new TV. Since it is a new TV do not go for swapping the HDMI board as it might sometime lead to audio muting when using it with AVR.
anybody else facing same issue or it is one-off case?

Dear MI Q1 owners: Do any of you guys have visible DSE or FALD banding while watching panning shots in Cricket n Football.

I am mentioning this cos my QN90A although having gorgeous image quality but there is subtle yet visible jailbar style banding in the centre of screen n it is distracting for a picky guy like me .

Since we can't return TVs easily in India hence I am involved in a tussle with Samsung to replace my panel.

Buying FALD TV's online or a packed set in India is a gamble due to the panel lottery n non existent return policy. It is better to check out FALD in person and no harm in buying that particular Demo panel...
No backlight issues on my Q1, it is uniform across the screen. But motion handling is poor. What's funny here is the motion stutter goes away if I rewind and reply the same scene that stuttered before. I think the poor motion handling is the result of processor limitation.

The banding effect you describe is present in my TCL 75C2US.

and

75K is huge for me after buying the QLED75 can't spend 2 lakh on HT right now.

An HT will outlast a TV multiple times over. While you'll change the TV after 5 years, the HT will last you 15-20 years easily. It's also modular so even after those 15 years, you can repurpose parts from it.

From that perspective, I'd say 75k on the sound system is pretty okay for a 1.25 lakh TV. If you have budget constraints, I'd suggest waiting till you save more. The AVR pricing will also go down in the meanwhile.

There's also the ELAC 5.1 set for 40k, and as for AVR I don't have any suggestion due to pricing crisis. Usually, I'd suggest to go for at least x1600H, but that's priced insanely right now.

No backlight issues on my Q1, it is uniform across the screen. But motion handling is poor. What's funny here is the motion stutter goes away if I rewind and reply the same scene that stuttered before. I think the poor motion handling is the result of processor limitation.

The banding effect you describe is present in my TCL 75C2US.
The new firmware has solved it up to some extent but I have moved to an android box, motion is now great with better upscaling. Mi shouldn't have cheaped out on SoC.

Not sure, when will we get the firmware update? I am checking almost everyday for the firmware update :(
call up Mi support and request for a manual firmware update ...btw my tv was updated to the latest firmware build. There was no noticeable difference or any changes i could find out. Only the android security is now updated till March 2021

So sorry, my mistake. I thought you were interested in buying a high end upfiring so called Atmos sound bar for nearly as much. That's why I adviced you for that kind of investment. The HTRT3 is actually good for its AVR less active speakers model of 5.1 compact HT. It is far superior than the TV's sound output and fits your bill. The yamaha 1840 is another option and there is Sony IV 300 among others. As lightgamer suggests you could save gradually to buy a straight budget HT later on too.

I will suggest to hold off until the price settles down. Right now, it's astronomically high. The 30K items are being sold for 60K.
IV300 and RT3 seem good choices; the Jukebar 9400 Pro is also a good choice according to the price. I don't know which of them is overpriced right now, so I have decided to wait till I purchase the TV.
@vikrantxtrad I suggest you buy Nvidia Sheild TV Pro. It will end all the software, motion and upscaling related issues, but it can only output 4K@60FPS which, according to Xiaomi, is the maximum supported.

The only concern is how I will wire the rear speakers as the wire will be visible and will definitely look bad in my room.

IV300 and RT3 seem good choices; the Jukebar 9400 Pro is also a good choice according to the price. I don't know which of them is overpriced right now, so I have decided to wait till I purchase the TV.
@vikrantxtrad I suggest you buy Nvidia Sheild TV Pro. It will end all the software, motion and upscaling related issues, but it can only output 4K@60FPS which, according to Xiaomi, is the maximum supported.
I got Jio Box, motion has been great now. It supports Dolby Vision, Hdr10+ and it is really really fast. TV UI feels ancient compared to it. Good thing is that I got it for only 1k.

Om2k19 is talking about AVRs being high in price at the moment. AVRs are amplifiers for home theaters. Like your Marantz or Denon or Onkyo audio video receivers. The dream of all AV enthusiast is to build his own home theater system with surround experience. These HTRT3, iv 300 etc are Home theaters in a box category. They are not highly bloated currently. But prices of AVRs are. And so you don't have to wait for HTRT3 or other such HTIBs which are sometimes given at a discount if you buy them with a TV infact.

I got Jio Box, motion has been great now. It supports Dolby Vision, Hdr10+ and it is really really fast. TV UI feels ancient compared to it. Good thing is that I got it for only 1k.
How you got it? How much are you paying for the Fiber? I am currently on Airtel Fiber (Awesome experience) but can switch to Jio if it's really offering good things. Also, the Nvidia shield's upscaling can never be matched by any TV manufacturer, Firestick or TV box.

Om2k19 is talking about AVRs being high in price at the moment. AVRs are amplifiers for home theaters. Like your Marantz or Denon or Onkyo audio video receivers. The dream of all AV enthusiast is to build his own home theater system with surround experience. These HTRT3, iv 300 etc are Home theaters in a box category. They are not highly bloated currently. But prices of AVRs are. And so you don't have to wait for HTRT3 or other such HTIBs which are sometimes given at a discount if you buy them with a TV infact.
After watching Yamaha 1840 and IV300 reviews I am sold to them but the wiring concern is there as the wires will definitely look bad.

How you got it? How much are you paying for the Fiber? I am currently on Airtel Fiber (Awesome experience) but can switch to Jio if it's really offering good things. Also, the Nvidia shield's upscaling can never be matched by any TV manufacturer, Firestick or TV box.
Yes, I have Jio fibre connection. Our TV mainly plays 4k / high bit rate 1080p content so upscaling isn't my concern here. I agree with the upscaling quality of Nvidia but I have my own AI powered upscaler using my GTX 1060. It's is vastly superior to anything any TV equipment can do. I use this for low bit rate old movies. I have Jio fibre 6 month postpaid plan. Paid 8k for it. 1k is refundable.

Attachments

• IMG_20210713_205314.jpg
    IMG_20210713_205314.jpg
    927.7 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20210713_204354.jpg
    IMG_20210713_204354.jpg
    605.1 KB · Views: 52
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back