Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

Yes, I have Jio fibre connection. Our TV mainly plays 4k / high bit rate 1080p content so upscaling isn't my concern here. I agree with the upscaling quality of Nvidia but I have my own AI powered upscaler using my GTX 1060. It's is vastly superior to anything any TV equipment can do. I use this for low bit rate old movies. I have Jio fibre 6 month postpaid plan. Paid 8k for it. 1k is refundable.
Which plan are you using? Is the experience good?

Can any Disney Plus Hotstar Premium subscriber confirm 4K is available for Hindi dubbed content or not?

Which plan are you using? Is the experience good?
150mbps 6 month postpaid plan. Uptime is 100%. Ping is 7ms from 500km Jio Server . No speed drops no throttling on torrents, only certain sites blocked ( as per government) for which I use NordVpn. I think Airtel Xtreme is equally good and depends on your society home ( like having a port at your floor is best and safest).

There’s definitely an ARC issue with this TV. I picked up a certified HDMI 2.1 cable as well to rule out any cable woes, and it still loses audio sync with the apple tv 4k and it only gets resolved with a reboot of the TV.

Very disappointing that something as basic as ARC is poorly implemented.

There’s definitely an ARC issue with this TV. I picked up a certified HDMI 2.1 cable as well to rule out any cable woes, and it still loses audio sync with the apple tv 4k and it only gets resolved with a reboot of the TV.

Very disappointing that something as basic as ARC is poorly implemented.
That's disappointing. Can you share some more details?

In my case, its almost a week since a guy came made some video and went back. There is complete silence from MI on this.. In fact, I am extremely saddened by their customer service.

Yes, I have Jio fibre connection. Our TV mainly plays 4k / high bit rate 1080p content so upscaling isn't my concern here. I agree with the upscaling quality of Nvidia but I have my own AI powered upscaler using my GTX 1060. It's is vastly superior to anything any TV equipment can do. I use this for low bit rate old movies. I have Jio fibre 6 month postpaid plan. Paid 8k for it. 1k is refundable.
How did you manage to get DV working from Netflix app from Jio box? I also have Jio box. However have not been able to get Netflix DV working from it. When I try to open any show which I know is available in Dolby Vision, the Jio Netflix app only shows "Ultra HD 4K" label. I think, I need to change HDMI Input type to 2.1 on TV but cannot figure out how.

That's disappointing. Can you share some more details?

In my case, its almost a week since a guy came made some video and went back. There is complete silence from MI on this.. In fact, I am extremely saddened by their customer service.
Sure.

The TV has a Sonos ARC connected to HDMI2 using the sonos supplied HDMI cable. It's using eARC and all HDMI ports have been configured to HDMI 2.1.

HDMI 3 has the latest Apple TV 4K connected using a HDMI 2.1 certified cable.

If I use any of the built in apps of the TV, I face zero issues. Everything works perfectly as it should.

If I use the ATV4K, any non 5.1 content, or Atmos content plays perfectly in sync. However, any regular 5.1 content has major issues. It works in sync for a while, but will suddenly lose sync completely and the only way to fix it is to reboot the TV.

The sound output settings for the TV are set to passthrough.

Sure.

The TV has a Sonos ARC connected to HDMI2 using the sonos supplied HDMI cable. It's using eARC and all HDMI ports have been configured to HDMI 2.1.

HDMI 3 has the latest Apple TV 4K connected using a HDMI 2.1 certified cable.

If I use any of the built in apps of the TV, I face zero issues. Everything works perfectly as it should.

If I use the ATV4K, any non 5.1 content, or Atmos content plays perfectly in sync. However, any regular 5.1 content has major issues. It works in sync for a while, but will suddenly lose sync completely and the only way to fix it is to reboot the TV.

The sound output settings for the TV are set to passthrough.
I am looking to buy Sony IV300 with the TV will I face a similar issue?

RT3 has near field communication (NFC) apart from bluetooth. That's why I chose it. The others do not afaik.

These MI TV service center folks closed my service ticket without resolving the issues and not even acknowledging the same. No phone call or no feedback, just a simple SMS.. "Please share your repair experience"

This is pathetic.

My 2cent of advice to all.. However tempting the price may be or the PQ, please stay away from this MI Q1 75" TV till they address this HDMI/Sound issue.

These MI TV service center folks closed my service ticket without resolving the issues and not even acknowledging the same. No phone call or no feedback, just a simple SMS.. "Please share your repair experience"

This is pathetic.

My 2cent of advice to all.. However tempting the price may be or the PQ, please stay away from this MI Q1 75" TV till they address this HDMI/Sound issue.

That's not expected from Mi. Should have come back with a proper revert (even if that doesnot solve the issue).

I did some thorough check and study around this problem and realized that :

- HDMI ARC issue are not new and does occur quite often due to open nature of CEC implementation .....incompatibilities are in abundance
- In last two weeks i personally came across a friends LG CX whose ARC keeps on dropping with Yamaha AVR. Another one had issues with a Sony TV unable to work in DD with his soundbar.
- There are multiple forums which complain of exactly same issues with some of the very well known brands of TV and AVR

This is an open - ended problem because while 5/10 AVR or soundbar are not working , there are other 5 which do just fine ! . Unfortunately we belong to the former and I dont see a resolution to this issue any time soon.

This is pathetic.

80 percent of TVs have issues with CEC but don't buy Mi Q1. OK

Attachments

• IMG_20210716_125901.jpg
    IMG_20210716_125901.jpg
    485.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20210716_125825.jpg
    IMG_20210716_125825.jpg
    385 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20210716_125742.jpg
    IMG_20210716_125742.jpg
    511.3 KB · Views: 29
So this TV has minor faults in the ports of connectivity - but brightness and contrast parameters are good if I summarize. Right?

So this TV has minor faults in the ports of connectivity - but brightness and contrast parameters are good if I summarize. Right?
Barring this ARC issue, the TV will surely meet or exceed expectation for most of the users . I am saying not because I am using this TV but have compared with some of the better QLEDs which my friends and colleagues have. Feed the right content and this TV will not disappoint .

Absolutely. I will not term it as fault, rather a miss from MI to implement a basic thing properly.

It would be better, if MI start giving disclaimer that their product is not suitable for ARC.

BTW, of the 80% TV with ARC issues seems 60% belongs to MI.

Barring this ARC issue, the TV will surely meet or exceed expectation for most of the users . I am saying not because I am using this TV but have compared with some of the better QLEDs which my friends and colleagues have. Feed the right content and this TV will not disappoint .
I too felt the same. I've connected my TV to my MSI Laptop and so far it has exceeded my expectations.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back