Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

Yes, the TV has bug.. a lot of us are facing similar issue. Don't think that MI is going to resolve this. Consider this as a non smart TV and you should be happy.
Actually there is no ARC happening when I use Fire stick. I just realised that I connected Fire stick to the AVR, not the TV.

Luckily the AVR supports DV passthrough. Watched few scenes from some Netflix DV shows. They look stunning. But the same HDR content looks terrible when Fire stick is directly connected to TV or when played from the native Netflix app on the TV. Not sure why.

As you said, I am currently using it as dumb display panel. But I must say I am quite pleased with the PQ and brightness. Hope it lasts for at least few years.

Luckily the AVR supports DV passthrough. Watched few scenes from some Netflix DV shows. They look stunning. But the same HDR content looks terrible when Fire stick is directly connected to TV or when played from the native Netflix app on the TV. Not sure why.

Set the HDMI mode for that port to 2.1 and this would be sorted.

This is interesting. I remember reading somewhere on this thread that new firmware being rolled out. Is there a new firmware even? Why is it getting rolled out to a select few?
There is a new firmware ...since my defective panel was manually upgraded to the latest build. No changes that I could find except for updated android security patch. For some strange reason rollout of the new firmware is taking ages . While some have got it , many haven't

Can someone please confirm which AVR, Home theatre, and Soundbars are not getting ARC issue and which one is getting confirmed ARC issues so that people can but Hat setup accordingly.

Keep holding the MI button continuosly for a couple of seconds, you'll get the Menu. Just change the HDMI mode as per your requirement.
Thanks. I tried it. I still don't see option to change HDMI version. I get "Inputs" option at two places. The one named Inputs allows me to only select HDMI input port. The other "Inputs" under Advanced Settings allows me to edit the name of the input port and change HDMI CEC options.

After the panel on my Samsung UE65KU6175 just started going bad after 4 years (and the manufacturer and retailer won't do anything about it), I decided to look for a new tv with certain criteria. The LG 75 NANO91 and this Mi Q1 ticked the most boxes for me, but I decided to go with the Q1 as the reviews of the LG (and most other LGs) complain about poor brightness levels, whereas the reviews of the Q1 have been surprisingly positive in all the areas I care about.

The Q1 will hopefully be delivered this afternoon. Does anyone have any links to calibration guides/walkthroughs for this specific tv at all (in English)? Any links or trips would be greatly appreciated!
TV arrived last night and I have a few questions:

- I'm using eARC for my audio. I have a new Apple TV and stereo HomePods for the audio output. The only issue is that the tv recognises this, so therefore mutes itself, but keeps the mute icon in the bottom of the screen (even when not using the TVs own UI or standard tv channels). Is there a way to remove this?
- When using a device via a HDMI input (Apple TV or Xbox, in my case), I cannot bring up the TV settings to adjust the screen etc. Is there a way around this?
- The TV is sold here in Finland, but when setting it up, Finland was not on the localised list of countries - I just ended up selecting Germany to continue through the process - can I force the region in any way so that I'm receiving a completely local App Store, content, etc?
- I saw in a few reviews about the slight yellow tint to the image - especially on skin tones - are there any particular settings to tweak to help reduce this as I also certainly notice it?

Thanks!

Thanks. I tried it. I still don't see option to change HDMI version. I get "Inputs" option at two places. The one named Inputs allows me to only select HDMI input port. The other "Inputs" under Advanced Settings allows me to edit the name of the input port and change HDMI CEC options.

Disable CEC on TV. Select the HDMI source. Long press the Centre/OK button

TV arrived last night and I have a few questions:

- I'm using eARC for my audio. I have a new Apple TV and stereo HomePods for the audio output. The only issue is that the tv recognises this, so therefore mutes itself, but keeps the mute icon in the bottom of the screen (even when not using the TVs own UI or standard tv channels). Is there a way to remove this?
- When using a device via a HDMI input (Apple TV or Xbox, in my case), I cannot bring up the TV settings to adjust the screen etc. Is there a way around this?
- The TV is sold here in Finland, but when setting it up, Finland was not on the localised list of countries - I just ended up selecting Germany to continue through the process - can I force the region in any way so that I'm receiving a completely local App Store, content, etc?
- I saw in a few reviews about the slight yellow tint to the image - especially on skin tones - are there any particular settings to tweak to help reduce this as I also certainly notice it?

Thanks!
Yeah go in color tuner and you will find the option " flesh tones".

You need to be in some HDMI to make changes. Example :- in homescreen of Firestick, just press the middle button of the TV's remote and then you will get the option.

Disable CEC on TV. Select the HDMI source. Long press the Centre/OK button
Thanks. I got the the HDMI mode option after I disabled CEC. Tried with both HDMI 2.0 and 2.1. But it turned out to be an anti-climax. Firestick connected to AVR gives me stunning PQ with HDMI set to 1.4. Picture is bright, colors are vivid with no hint of any pixelation. Interestingly the Dolby Vision logo didn't come up though Netflix listed the show as DV. With HDMI 2.0/2.1 enabled, DV logo shows up but PQ is horribly bad. It looks like a poor quality 720p upscaled to 4k. Picture appears highly pixelated, colors washed out with very low brightness.

I think with HDMI1.4, it either runs at 1080p or 4K with SDR but gives superb PQ. I don't know if poor PQ in HDR is TV's problem or HDR is a sham for non OLED panels.

BTW, I couldn't get audio from TV passed to AVR over ARC at all. I even tried PCM. No audio heard on TV/AVR once ARC is enabled.

Thanks. I got the the HDMI mode option after I disabled CEC. Tried with both HDMI 2.0 and 2.1. But it turned out to be an anti-climax. Firestick connected to AVR gives me stunning PQ with HDMI set to 1.4. Picture is bright, colors are vivid with no hint of any pixelation. Interestingly the Dolby Vision logo didn't come up though Netflix listed the show as DV. With HDMI 2.0/2.1 enabled, DV logo shows up but PQ is horribly bad. It looks like a poor quality 720p upscaled to 4k. Picture appears highly pixelated, colors washed out with very low brightness.

I think with HDMI1.4, it either runs at 1080p or 4K with SDR but gives superb PQ. I don't know if poor PQ in HDR is TV's problem or HDR is a sham for non OLED panels.

BTW, I couldn't get audio from TV passed to AVR over ARC at all. I even tried PCM. No audio heard on TV/AVR once ARC is enabled.
This shouldn't happen. Check you color gamut and hdmi color range. It must be wrong. It happened to me initially too. HDMI 2.1 should give full color range. It gives to me so I can confirm. Also 1.4 doesn't support 60hz and DV so I won't keep it. Plus HDR looks way better than SDR on this TV. Infact TV looks better on 2.1

Attachments

• IMG_20210720_160800.jpg
    IMG_20210720_160800.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20210720_160738.jpg
    IMG_20210720_160738.jpg
    418.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20210720_161145.jpg
    IMG_20210720_161145.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
This shouldn't happen. Check you color gamut and hdmi color range. It must be wrong. It happened to me initially too. HDMI 2.1 should give full color range. It gives to me so I can confirm. Also 1.4 doesn't support 60hz and DV so I won't keep it. Plus HDR looks way better than SDR on this TV. Infact TV looks better on 2.1
Have you tried playing any of the DV shows from Netflix?

If you don't mind, could you please document and share your picture settings?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back