Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

The display is 8 bit so try that one.
This display is 10 bit. 8 bit can't do HDR. It uses dithering and it's good one and performs better than many real 10 bit panels. ( Even samsung has stopped real bit and went with dithering) and if you do it well you get amazing color gradation.
Q90t with 8 bit + frc is far superior than q90r with 10 bit.

Last edited:
I have same settings on my Firestick. The Picture mode on my TV says Dolby Vision Bright. So I think it plays in DV. But PQ in DV/HDR10 mode appear to be inferior to SDR. As I said earlier picture is grainy, colors look washed out and looks dull.

I would try to take some snaps of same video playing with and without HDR mode engaged. Hope I can capture the difference on the mobile camera.

BTW, could you please tell me what is the setting you have for HDMI Range - Auto, Full and Limit? Full seem to just increase the backlight, kind of looks superficial but does nothing to improve the PQ.
You are doing something wrong. HDR amazes me. Btw. Put it on Auto.

This display is 10 bit. 8 bit can't do HDR. It uses dithering and it's good one and performs better than many real 10 bit panels. ( Even samsung has stopped real bit and went with dithering) and if you do it well you get amazing color gradation.
Q90t with 8 bit + frc is far superior than q90r with 10 bit.
What does the FireStick say? 10 Bit? Also a little off topic but have you found any solution how can I order it it's not available on Flipkart and the Mi Store has that 49999 problems.

What does the FireStick say? 10 Bit? Also a little off topic but have you found any solution how can I order it it's not available on Flipkart and the Mi Store has that 49999 problems.
Don't own a Firestick but laptop does recognise it as 10 bit. I think you will need to visit stores or need to wait for Mi to fix the website.

For each mode you can have different settings and it changes depending on content being played. If its showing Movie, means its in HD or lesser content quality.
The mode adjusts the picture settings, colour etc - it has nothing to do with quality being input/output.

And my main point was that I have everything in the same mode, but some of the advanced options aren't available when going in to the picture settings of an input device, whereas they are when in the TV's main UI.

Try pressing the volume + button on the TV remote once.
Doesn't do anything for me as the TV is forcing the mute so that audio is only being passed to the eARC output.

I now have the additional issue of that I had turn off CEC (which also affects eARC) so that I could access the picture settings when using an external input ... so now I don't get eARC if I happen to go back to the TVs' UI. It seems I have the choice of either having access to settings or having eARC work properly and not both.

Doesn't do anything for me as the TV is forcing the mute so that audio is only being passed to the eARC output.

I now have the additional issue of that I had turn off CEC (which also affects eARC) so that I could access the picture settings when using an external input ... so now I don't get eARC if I happen to go back to the TVs' UI. It seems I have the choice of either having access to settings or having eARC work properly and not both.
I get the same mute icon but pressing the Vol + button removes it.

Reg. Picture settings while in external input mode, long pressing the mi button on the remote brings up settings menu. It allows access to all settings without having to return to TV mode.

I get the same mute icon but pressing the Vol + button removes it.

Reg. Picture settings while in external input mode, long pressing the mi button on the remote brings up settings menu. It allows access to all settings without having to return to TV mode.
Long-pressing the button does nothing for me.

If you are using the built-in App, then TV becomes very sluggish. You can try with pausing the video and then press the MI button and keep it pressed for 4-5 seconds.
I'm not experiencing sluggish-ness, nor am I using the built-in apps. The issue is that when CEC/eARC is turned on, I can't access settings etc as the remote doesn't work correctly with an input device on (an Apple TV in my case).

I'm not experiencing sluggish-ness, nor am I using the built-in apps. The issue is that when CEC/eARC is turned on, I can't access settings etc as the remote doesn't work correctly with an input device on (an Apple TV in my case).
I too have CEC/ARC on, the only difference I see is that you have eARC enabled. Long pressing mi button always brings up the settings screen on my TV irrespective of input mode currently in use. I am wondering if your remote is faulty or needs new battery. Or may be some region specific software bug.

I too have CEC/ARC on, the only difference I see is that you have eARC enabled. Long pressing mi button always brings up the settings screen on my TV irrespective of input mode currently in use. I am wondering if your remote is faulty or needs new battery. Or may be some region specific software bug.
It definitely doesn't work on mine. The button works fine when using the TV UI, but when using an input source it doesn't (seems to be a CEC bug or something region specific for some reason).

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back