Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

I went for Denon X2700H. Plugged the Firestick to AVR.

Also, the TV apps including Netflix, Prime, Tidal etc are working fine. AVR is getting DD+ and ATMOS through eArc from TV.
If you ever get a chance, try to play some file with multichannel aac7.1 audio or dtshdma audio file on your firetvstick using Plex with your fire tv stick audio set to best available. And could you let me know what your avr displays as the recived audio.?

If you ever get a chance, try to play some file with multichannel aac7.1 audio or dtshdma audio file on your firetvstick using Plex with your fire tv stick audio set to best available. And could you let me know what your avr displays as the recived audio.?
Already tried that.. for media played through firestick it shows DD+ and for same media played through TV it shows ATMOS

Already tried that.. for media played through firestick it shows DD+ and for same media played through TV it shows ATMOS
Thanks I thought I was the only one with this issue. I used to get uncompressed pcm output before as displayed in the avr but it seems the new update in firetvstcik encodes everything to dd+.

Thanks I thought I was the only one with this issue. I used to get uncompressed pcm output before as displayed in the avr but it seems the new update in firetvstcik encodes everything to dd+.
It depends on FS setting selected - Auto, DD and DD+.

It depends on FS setting selected - Auto, DD and DD+.
some time back multichannel formats other than dd or dd+ were streamed as pcm audio to the avr and avr displayed pcm. But now all the other formats are encoded to dd+ including the losless dtshdma and avr displays dd+ for everything.

Can someone please confirm ARC issue with IV300 or Sony RT3. Are you facing the ARC issue with these HTs?

What are you trying to do ?

If new TV installation, then ask MI they will do it for free and the engineer will charge in case of wall mount.
Yes I was placing the installation request as you can see on the screenshot. Btw how you placed the installation request?

Today afternoon a strange thing happened. The TV powered on but I could see nothing on screen. Sound was present. Realized that display has gone extremely dim and used a flashlight to confirm. The TV had indeed powered on but no led backlight possibly had gone kaput. With a lot of anguish and disappointment , called the local Mi service guy and told him of the problem. He said could be a led backlight issue. He said he would send somebody.

Disconnected everything after sometime and power on and the tv came to life. Not sure what had happened. Would keep a close watch . I hope this doesn't repeat again.

For the time being looks like a rogue power connector from my surge protector

Last edited:
Today afternoon a strange thing happened. The TV powered on but I could see nothing on screen. Sound was present. Realized that display has gone extremely dim and used a flashlight to confirm. The TV had indeed powered on but no led backlight possibly had gone kaput. With a lot of anguish and disappointment , called the local Mi service guy and told him of the problem. He said could be a led backlight issue. He said he would send somebody.

Disconnected everything after sometime and power on and the tv came to life. Not sure what had happened. Would keep a close watch . I hope this doesn't repeat again.

Using FireStick? And sound through TV or AVR?

Seems like HDMI, USB issue to me.

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back