Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

Yup, even my Jio Box displays exactly same as native TV app. Zero difference but better motion and upscaling.
Can you please share the HDMI settings of your Jio STB and the TV? I also have Jio STB and a 9 year old Yamaha home theatre setup. I cannot get HDR from Jio STB and surround sound working as expected. While Dolby Vision and surround sound works fine with the TV Native Netflix app, however with Jio STB, the TV shows HDR instead of Dolby Vision and no surround sound. With native Amazon Prime, the HDR and surround sound works as expected however, with Jio STB there's no sound from home theatre. I've connected AVR to TV's HDMI ARC port and Jio STB to one of the remaining HDMI ports of the TV.

Last edited:
Can you please share the HDMI settings of your Jio STB and the TV? I also have Jio STB and a 9 year old Yamaha home theatre setup. I cannot get HDR from Jio STB and surround sound working as expected. While Dolby Vision and surround sound works fine with the TV Native Netflix app, however with Jio STB, the TV shows HDR instead of Dolby Vision and no surround sound. With native Amazon Prime, the HDR and surround sound works as expected however, with Jio STB there's no sound from home theatre. I've connected AVR to TV's HDMI ARC channel and Jio STB to one of the remaining HDMI ports of the TV.
Which AVR ?

I have HTR 3067. That didn't work properly, and I changed the AVR.

Hope you have enabled ARC on AVR.

Try this, with all the connections in place, play something.. while it's being played toggle the input on AVR and see if you get the sound.

Do enable pass through on TV

I have HTR 3067. That didn't work properly, and I changed the AVR.

Hope you have enabled ARC on AVR.

Try this, with all the connections in place, play something.. while it's being played toggle the input on AVR and see if you get the sound.

Do enable pass through on TV
ARC on AVR and pass through on TV have been enabled. I'll try toggling input on AVR to see if it makes any difference. Thanks.

Which AVR you bought and for how much? And is everything working as expected with this AVR? I'm thinking of upgrading the AVR sometime next year or may be around Diwali if some irresistible deal is available.

ARC on AVR and pass through on TV have been enabled. I'll try toggling input on AVR to see if it makes any difference. Thanks.

Which AVR you bought and for how much? And is everything working as expected with this AVR? I'm thinking of upgrading the AVR sometime next year or may be around Diwali if some irresistible deal is available.
I moved to Denon X2700H, and everything is working perfect. My primary source is 4K firestick and am using TV as dumb display panel. Here is the current setup..

20210725_062431.jpg

I went for Denon X2700H. Plugged the Firestick to AVR.

Also, the TV apps including Netflix, Prime, Tidal etc are working fine. AVR is getting DD+ and ATMOS through eArc from TV.
How much did you get x2700h for? I've been eyeing it for a while but the price, atleast online, is quite high these days.

How much did you get x2700h for? I've been eyeing it for a while but the price, atleast online, is quite high these days.
Current offline price is around d 67 68 k. If you you push harder, you may get for couple of thousand less.

Got Firestick 4k delivered. I would recommend every q1 customer to buy it. Motion/ Performance difference is very stark. Apps like prime video run very differently and significantly better than anything as said same by @lightgamer

Attachments

• IMG_20210802_155533.jpg
    IMG_20210802_155533.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20210802_155912.jpg
    IMG_20210802_155912.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 44
In fact, the issue seems to be beyond ARC. I tested with SPDIF. When passthrough is selected the sound is muffled and can barely hear anything. On selecting Dolby Digital on TV, the sound is there but there is no surround sound.

My suggestion, don't check with their 55inch TV as underlying H/W architecture and software would be same.
Hi, have you been able to solve this issue? Was out of action for a couple of weeks. I have the same problem where passthrough to AVR has very low volume. Need to set it to Dolby digital. In this case, stereo content is upmixed to dolby digital which causes vocals to bleed to left and right channels also.

Hi, have you been able to solve this issue? Was out of action for a couple of weeks. I have the same problem where passthrough to AVR has very low volume. Need to set it to Dolby digital. In this case, stereo content is upmixed to dolby digital which causes vocals to bleed to left and right channels also.
Yes.. I changed the AVR to the one with eARC

I moved to Denon X2700H, and everything is working perfect. My primary source is 4K firestick and am using TV as dumb display panel. Here is the current setup..

View attachment 60474
Nice set up. It’s sad to see that you are using firestick in an avr set up. I got rid of it within 1 hour of usage and it’s the worst device I have ever experienced in my chain. Audio is very much compressed and defeats the purpose of using an avr. If budget permits look at Apple TV or shield if local playback is important.

First normal flipkart self installation then I called Mi customer care in new city and gave them new address. They came next day and installed.
I thought they only do ONE TIME free INSTALL service. Did you have to pay them or make special request and under what CONDITIONS?

Did you move the TV to diff city or what? I am confused by this 2 CITY Service? Do clarify if im missing part of the story here.

Nice set up. It’s sad to see that you are using firestick in an avr set up. I got rid of it within 1 hour of usage and it’s the worst device I have ever experienced in my chain. Audio is very much compressed and defeats the purpose of using an avr. If budget permits look at Apple TV or shield if local playback is important.
Will it make any difference in case majority of the content we watch is over netflix, prime video, hotstar?

Will it make any difference in case majority of the content we watch is over netflix, prime video, hotstar?
Yeah it will. Firestick does not belong in an avr set up. Dynamics in sound stage is very poor in the firestick. When I tested it in my set up I had to use -10 to -15 db to get the same level of volume that I get in a Bluray player or shield or Ps4 at -25db. Even then it felt compressed. I am sorry to say that firestick is garbage in an avr set up.

Yeah it will. Firestick does not belong in an avr set up. Dynamics in sound stage is very poor in the firestick. When I tested it in my set up I had to use -10 to -15 db to get the same level of volume that I get in a Bluray player or shield or Ps4 at -25db. Even then it felt compressed. I am sorry to say that firestick is garbage in an avr set up.
Firestick outputs digital audio, and digital audio should sound the same unless some transcode is happening. There will only be a difference if you play HD audio(like Dolby TrueHD) which firestick can't handle. Everything else will be bitstreamed to the AVR.

Netflix/Prime etc only use Dolby Digital Plus, which will be bitstreamed from firestick. You should check if the settings were correct and it was getting bitstreamed or not.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back