Yamaha AVR owners thread

Please go ahead with the firmware update. It is safe and does not bring any unexpected behavior.

It takes more than 15 minutes to update the system. So please make sure you have a stable internet to download the firmware. And strictly don't do anything to your receiver while the firmware is upgraded.

Thanks Sriram...

Hi..

I have purchased Yamaha RX-V683 in Dec 2017. Now getting pop up "Firmware Update available" when using Muscicast..Please help whether to go with the update or postpone for later...

I am first time user..

Thanks,

Krish
If you are happy with its current features and performance,then really dont need FW update.lf new features are added in FW and users have reported no issues,then you can go ahead.Just make sure there shouldnt be powercut during the process.

Hi friends

How can I reset the protection mode of R-N 303 ?
Is there any possibility?
It went to protection mode during power failure at my place.

Hello Friends ,

I just got myself an Rx-V683 , graduated from RX-v365 after 10 years of happy ownership , 100 of movies and music. I auditioned between Denon 1400X and RX-V683 , somehow the fimiliarity with Yamaha and perhaps the audition settings convinced me to make my decision.

However having got the receiver , I am facing some tuning issues. I am not happy with the YPAO calibration and trying to understand what are the aspects that I should be able to tune. Currently the audio is bhoomy with or without sub.

My rig consists of Polk Tsi300 towers and Wharfedale 220c Center and Cambridge SL20 surrounds and Polk PSW-125 Sub.

I see that if I select speaker setup as large , I dont get to select cross over etc , If I select small then I am able to set my cross overs for fronts / center and surround.

Also what is the significance of decibel adjustments at speaker levels. I have gone through the manual , I dont find further aspects for tuning. Any help from gurus would be welcome.

Hey Hi,

Congratulations. Could you post the settings for Crossover(All speakers set to Small), Distance, Level set by YPAO?

MaSh

YPAO or Audyssey is a means to add sound/volume correction to the acoustic environment at our home.
Have you tried the straight mode on the Yamaha which gives you audio without any DSP adjustments. Once you know how it sounds in the straight mode, then you know how the original track/scene sounds. You could then go ahead and adjust crossover, speaker levels, tones etc to tune into your listening style (less bass/more treble etc). Having been a Yamaha user myself for about 6 years, I never felt the Yamaha as boomy.
Note that you have tower speakers so when it is set as Large, that means it is exposed to Full range, hence no option to set a crossover for it.
Try setting your fronts/center/surround to small, crossover at 80/60Hz, sub volume at 12:00 '0' Clock position (Half or less is preffered) and see if you like the sound signature.
Hope this helps as a starting point...

Best Regards,
Rajiv

Newbie question - Please see the video. This is just a minute. My question is this safe?

What harm do you see in this? Plastic caps need to be removed in order to insert a banana plug. You will see these even on the speaker's binding posts.

MaSh

Hi..as I am having issues with Pioneer 1020 unable to recognize my latest Dell laptop - I plan to buy another receiver without spending much. While I have no issues spending up to 400 dollars - I dont use most of the features..wifi, ethernet, 7.2, atmos...etc as I have a small house with 5.1 speakers. For normal folks who just want 4K content and 5.1 sound..is there is anything the 383 is missing? right now available at amazon for 200 dollars..so a 14K receiver isnt that bad. Should i go for it?

Hello,

I am deciding between Denon X2400 and Yamaha RX-V683/RX-A870.

Does anyone know if yamaha RX-V683/RX-A870 support legacy surround sound formats such as Dolby Pro-logic II, DTS:Neo 6...?

Hello,

Does anyone know if yamaha RX-V683/RX-A870 support legacy surround sound formats such as Dolby Pro-logic II, DTS:Neo 6...?
Yes.

Hello,

Screen shot from RX - 683 MANUAL.
may be it can help your query

Attachments

• IMG_20180506_144728.png
    IMG_20180506_144728.png
    56.3 KB · Views: 15
Thanks for the confirmation.. I was worried that the Yamaha would not be able to drive it..thanks again

Hi,

I am using RX-V681, the first issue I am facing is that it can deliver picture in stand by mode. First, projector and media player are switched on, at that time AVR's power is on but it can display (no sound) what media player is outputting.

Second thing is that if I connect my laptop to AVR through HDMI, I am getting both picture and sound but when I replace laptop with DTH box, I am not getting any sound, only picture is coming. If I see the information of this signal (using AVR remote), I can see the video input is DVI -> HDMI unlike HDMI-> HDMI as in the case of laptop. In the sound field it is completely blank for DTH.

I am now a proud owner of RX V683. I have a small query
First this is how I have done the connections
Tata Sky to AVR HDMI1
AVR Output to LG OLED TV HDMI2 with ARC
I have done all the necessary settings for ARC. So that means when I play something on TV like youtube videos etc, then the sound is played through AVR
Now the minor issue is that when I switch ON.
I see the tatasky video but NO audio. The input on AVR is set to Audio1 (ARC).
So I have to manually select HDMI1 from the remote and then the tata sky audio comes
I know this is not a major issue, but every time I switch on the system, I have to find the AVR remote and change the input to HDMI1
Is this normal. Is there a way in which I can set the default input to HDMI1 and when I want to view content on TV then I change the input to AUDIO1
I hope you guys understand the issue
Regards

I am now a proud owner of RX V683. I have a small query
First this is how I have done the connections
Tata Sky to AVR HDMI1
AVR Output to LG OLED TV HDMI2 with ARC
I have done all the necessary settings for ARC. So that means when I play something on TV like youtube videos etc, then the sound is played through AVR
Now the minor issue is that when I switch ON.
I see the tatasky video but NO audio. The input on AVR is set to Audio1 (ARC).
So I have to manually select HDMI1 from the remote and then the tata sky audio comes
I know this is not a major issue, but every time I switch on the system, I have to find the AVR remote and change the input to HDMI1
Is this normal. Is there a way in which I can set the default input to HDMI1 and when I want to view content on TV then I change the input to AUDIO1
I hope you guys understand the issue
Regards
i have the same issue

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back