Yamaha AVR owners thread

I am going to buy new AVR in 50 k range please suggest which one to buy among these, Denon 1400/1500 or Yamaha 585 or Yamaha 685.
Usage 90% movies .Requires Atmos.
Speakers not decided yet but most probably Taga 506v2,,,, but center channel changed to c90Sl + sub Polk hts12, room size 19X10.

Not bothered about gimmicky features like Bluetooth, wifi ,zone2 etc.
My question is 585 enough? Any advantage streching for 685 ? What about Denon 1500? In terms of sound quality/effects etc...
For driving the said speakers, any of the AVRs mentioned will do just fine. Yamaha 685 has got more power and better sound quality which might help if you upgrade the speakers later or move to a larger room.
There's hardly any noticeable difference between denon 1500 and yamaha 585

Not bothered about gimmicky features like Bluetooth, wifi ,zone2 etc.

Certainly not with Yamaha AVR.
Wifi enables receiver gives you two imp apps on mobile, remote and music cast.
They make your life so easy that u don't need actual hardware remote control.

Wireless networking works beautifully. you can play flac and DSD files from the laptop or computer without sacrificing quality.

Regarding speakers my honest opinion is to purchase bookshelf from Dali and add subwoofer if required.

No use of cheap floor standings, unless it is expensive speakers like Klipsch RP series, you will never get articulated deep bass response without getting boomy.

Certainly not with Yamaha AVR.
Wifi enables receiver gives you two imp apps on mobile, remote and music cast.
They make your life so easy that u don't need actual hardware remote control.

Wireless networking works beautifully. you can play flac and DSD files from the laptop or computer without sacrificing quality.

Regarding speakers my honest opinion is to purchase bookshelf from Dali and add subwoofer if required.

No use of cheap floor standings, unless it is expensive speakers like Klipsch RP series, you will never get articulated deep bass response without getting boomy.
Thanks for replying,,Which speaker Dali zensor 1? Is that Enough for 19x10 size room?, my usage is movies only so Dali's necessary over taga? AVR I have decide to go with either 585 or marantz 1608.

I have already checked all sites, the pricing is insane (link shows Rs 5209)!
That is because the item needs to be imported from US, Cart2India ships items from US to India. I don't think the spare remote is easily available in India. Alternative option would be to get a universal remote for the similar price and program it to use HTR as well as other equipments.

That is because the item needs to be imported from US, Cart2India ships items from US to India. I don't think the spare remote is easily available in India. Alternative option would be to get a universal remote for the similar price and program it to use HTR as well as other equipments.

Yeah, I am thinking about getting Logitech Harmony 650 soon...

I am planning to buy a New AVR mostly Yamaha 585 or 685 .Also comparing the Denon 1500 .

Can anyone give me the power rating for all the three models as i am not able to find the details in their site and they are tricky .

Power Output (8 ohm, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.08% 2ch Drive) ?
Rated Output (6 Ohm 20Hz-20kHz, 0.08% 2ch driven) ?

Yamaha 585
Yamaha 685
Denon 1500

Yamaha 585:
80 W per channel (6 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.09% THD, 2-ch driven -

Yamaha 685:
90 W per channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.06% THD, 2-ch driven)

Denon 1500
Power Output (8 ohm, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.08% 2ch Drive) 80 W

Yamaha clearly states per Channel but Denon doesn't say that explicitly. However when I checked my Denon 1400 manual, it states 80W+80W so I'm guessing it is 80W per channel. There are hardly any differences in the amplifier specs between 1400H and 1500H.

Yamaha 585:
80 W per channel (6 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.09% THD, 2-ch driven -

Yamaha 685:
90 W per channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.06% THD, 2-ch driven)

Denon 1500
Power Output (8 ohm, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.08% 2ch Drive) 80 W

Yamaha clearly states per Channel but Denon doesn't say that explicitly. However when I checked my Denon 1400 manual, it states 80W+80W so I'm guessing it is 80W per channel. There are hardly any differences in the amplifier specs between 1400H and 1500H.
PLs check the specs for the Yamaha 585 . Not sure which is right .

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio_visual/av_receivers_amps/rx-v585_u/specs.html#product-tabs

https://in.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_visual/av_receivers_amps/rx-v585/specs.html#product-tabs

I hope Yamaha 585 and Denon 1500 is equal power

Last edited:
There is a difference in impedance handling of US & Canada models vs other models of Yamaha AVRs / Amps.....it is better to download the owners manual to understand this ....both websites USA and India have the same Owners Manual which explains the output across 20hz to 20khz when two channels are driven and also when one channel is driven. Refer to the specification section (towards the end of the manual).

I have not seen such output variances in other brands like Marantz or Pioneer or Denon.......unless I am missing or overlooked something

Advice needed for adding speakers of older Philips FW-v795 system to a Yamaha HTR-3067 (RX-V377) setup.

I currently have Pioneer SP-FS52 set up with the Yamaha HTR-3067. I am looking to add 2 speakers from an older Philips system to expand to a 4 speaker set-up.

Info and specs for the Philips Fw-v795 (hopefully relevant and sufficient):
Has a main unit into which 2 front L/R speakers connect and 2 additional L/R speakers connected to a booster amp unit (2 Ch RCA cable running from main unit to the booster amp).
Speakers: Front L/R: 6 Ohm, 3-way [front firing woox bass reflex], Booster L/R: 6 Ohm, 3-way
Amp: Front L/R: 2x120W, Booster: 2x110W; SNR ≥ 75dBA, Freq resp.: 50-20Khz, ± 3 dB

More of a newbie here, when it comes to setting up audio, so I would truly be thankful for advice on whether any of the 2 speaker pairs from older Philips system can be connected to the Yamaha HTR-3067, and if so, which pair would be suitable for it.

Advice needed for adding speakers of older Philips FW-v795 system to a Yamaha HTR-3067 (RX-V377) setup.

I currently have Pioneer SP-FS52 set up with the Yamaha HTR-3067. I am looking to add 2 speakers from an older Philips system to expand to a 4 speaker set-up.

Info and specs for the Philips Fw-v795 (hopefully relevant and sufficient):
Has a main unit into which 2 front L/R speakers connect and 2 additional L/R speakers connected to a booster amp unit (2 Ch RCA cable running from main unit to the booster amp).
Speakers: Front L/R: 6 Ohm, 3-way [front firing woox bass reflex], Booster L/R: 6 Ohm, 3-way
Amp: Front L/R: 2x120W, Booster: 2x110W; SNR ≥ 75dBA, Freq resp.: 50-20Khz, ± 3 dB

More of a newbie here, when it comes to setting up audio, so I would truly be thankful for advice on whether any of the 2 speaker pairs from older Philips system can be connected to the Yamaha HTR-3067, and if so, which pair would be suitable for it.
PLs look for option of Yamaha P51 Package these are very good Budget Center channel and Surround speakers which will make your existing setup to 5 channel.
It would cost about 10K

Any suggestion what to buy YAMAHA RXA-880, RXA-1080 or DENON AVR-X4500H

For front speakers i have yamaha NS-F700
For sattelites i have DALI oberon 1
For central i have dali oberon vokal
And for sub i have dali E12-F

Suggestions?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back