Yamaha AVR owners thread

Hello All, I recently purchased a Yamaha RXV585 system. My Pioneer FL and FR speaker are rated for 6 ohms. I am not finding an option to change the speaker Impedance in the receiver advanced options. Saw from the manual that the option to change the Speaker Impedance is available only in US models. Will it cause any issues to the speaker?

Hello All, I recently purchased a Yamaha RXV585 system. My Pioneer FL and FR speaker are rated for 6 ohms. I am not finding an option to change the speaker Impedance in the receiver advanced options. Saw from the manual that the option to change the Speaker Impedance is available only in US models. Will it cause any issues to the speaker?
anything 6ohms and above should be fine.

I have a Yamaha Rx-V571 Receiver, can anyone who knows about this suggest if i can upgrade the firmware on this and will it give me any advantage

Thanks in advance

I have a Yamaha Rx-V571 Receiver, can anyone who knows about this suggest if i can upgrade the firmware on this and will it give me any advantage

Thanks in advance

First check what the firmware is meant for and read about how will it benefit you.....there are releases done by many manufacturers and some may be good...else if all is working fine,,,why update....

First check what the firmware is meant for and read about how will it benefit you.....there are releases done by many manufacturers and some may be good...else if all is working fine,,,why update....
will check
was wondering if firmware will enhance any feature in the AVR, otherwise it's working fine

Most AVRs are designed to handle 6 ohms and above speakers......recent models and brands are now designed even to handle 4 ohms......if the AVR is not getting too hot than it is supposed to...you have nothing to worry.

Ensure as per the manual you keep enough spacing at the sides and top for ventilation. You can add a mini fan to keep it cool

I had RX-V667 made in Malaysia and I could change speaker impedence by following method only-

Just got the Avantage 3080 two days back.
Configured & set it up today. Still a lot of setting up to do.
Anyone using this AVR?
Any idea how to listen to music connected to usb in front panel.
What size HDD would it accept? Is there any app i need to install on mobile.
(Also have the marantz 6013, the marantz uses the Heo's app for playing back music files from external Hard disc)

Just got the Avantage 3080 two days back.
Configured & set it up today. Still a lot of setting up to do.
Anyone using this AVR?
Any idea how to listen to music connected to usb in front panel.
What size HDD would it accept? Is there any app i need to install on mobile.
(Also have the marantz 6013, the marantz uses the Heo's app for playing back music files from external Hard disc)

No direct experience, but my friend had this briefly for sometime and then switched back to Marantz.......I had sometime to see it and experience it and even play with some settings....it is indeed a complex AVR.......with so many settings....
  • Congrats on your purchase.
  • This is one of the high end models from Yamaha and it has many settings so that you can take advantage of some and set the best experience for you.
  • There were a few using the 10xx and 20xx models.....not sure if they are still using or upgraded.
  • It is my belief that the USB slot in the front only can playback Thumb drives (FAT 32), please refer to the owners / operating manual which would have more clear precise details.
  • Refer to YouTube videos uploaded by many users across the globe which can help in understanding faster and possible optimal settings...I do understand that the long manual may take time....
  • I dont think it can play back an HDD as HDD are in NTFS format.
  • There would be an app available for Yamaha which can help to monitor, somewhat control and fine tune certain settings.....check playstore / Apple store.
All the best!

How do you compare its sound with Yamaha advantage?
The marantz 6013 is excellent (music/movies), have used this for about 6 monrhs, it accepts a 2 tb hard drive in the front slot & can play back through Heo's app on mobile ( both mobile & 6013 connected to same wifi) supports 192hz.
6013 ia a keeper, will be moving it to another room.

Got the 3080 just 2 days back, yet setting it up.
It has xlr pre outputs for front L//R, this being the main reason for picking this avr.
Initial impression for music in stereo / pure direct mode connected via xlr outputs the 3080 sounds more refined, smoother & better to my ears...yet to test it out for movies. Still in the process of setting it up as its a lot bigger amp than the 6013 & i still dont have a storage rack that it can fit into.

3080 dint not accept a 2 tb drive.

No direct experience, but my friend had this briefly for sometime and then switched back to Marantz.......I had sometime to see it and experience it and even play with some settings....it is indeed a complex AVR.......with so many settings....
  • Congrats on your purchase.
  • This is one of the high end models from Yamaha and it has many settings so that you can take advantage of some and set the best experience for you.
  • There were a few using the 10xx and 20xx models.....not sure if they are still using or upgraded.
  • It is my belief that the USB slot in the front only can playback Thumb drives (FAT 32), please refer to the owners / operating manual which would have more clear precise details.
  • Refer to YouTube videos uploaded by many users across the globe which can help in understanding faster and possible optimal settings...I do understand that the long manual may take time....
  • I dont think it can play back an HDD as HDD are in NTFS format.
  • There would be an app available for Yamaha which can help to monitor, somewhat control and fine tune certain settings.....check playstore / Apple store.
All the best!
Thanks
Will update

Dear friend have you noticed the back panel of your AVR. it's clearly written speaker impedance is min. 6ohm. So there is no option in advance mode to change speaker impedance value. I don't know the impedance will adjust automatically by avr if not a 6ohm speaker. So better to buy only 6ohm speaker. I have the exact model. Luckily I hade ordered 6ohm speakers without knowing the impedance rating at the time of purchase. Thanks

How do you compare its sound with Yamaha advantage?
Hi
The 3080 avantage has been one of the reciever that has spent the least time with me.(20day max)
Its an amazing AvR.
Music via xlr outputs is in a different league.
Have returned the AvR in exchange for the new pre-pro CX-5200.
(Main reason for this swap , my main L/R are active also wud want to go active for the rest of channels)

One thing i disliked in the 3080 is it has loads of unwanted dsp modes & also the AI feature isnt great.
It sounded best on straight mode.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back