Yamaha RX-V685 vs Denon AVR-X1600

ArunkumarMB

Dear Experts,
I am looking to upgrade from Yamaha HTR-3072 for a Dolby Atmos setup. I have Elac Cinema 5 speakers.
Confused between Yamaha RX-V685 & Denon AVR-X1600. Local dealer quotes 55k for both receiver.
My usage is 80% movies in Netflix/Prime & 20% music. I am planning to keep for another 3-4 yrs.
Please help me to choose one or suggest any other AV Receivers.
Thank you.

Dear Experts,
I am looking to upgrade from Yamaha HTR-3072 for a Dolby Atmos setup. I have Elac Cinema 5 speakers.
Confused between Yamaha RX-V685 & Denon AVR-X1600. Local dealer quotes 55k for both receiver.
My usage is 80% movies in Netflix/Prime & 20% music. I am planning to keep for another 3-4 yrs.
Thank you.
I think you'll get Denon x2600 for 55k. Check with other FMs in your city, they might have contacts

On paper, they both have a kind of comparable spec sheet. I feel Yahama shines in Music and Denon in Movies. One more thing, servicing of Yamaha equipment is better compared to Denon in India. I know a guy, he might be able to give you a deal on Denon x2600.

Dear Experts,
Thank you.

If you're inclined towards movie then why not the x2400h? Has more power and upscaling capabilities.

Dear Experts,
Thank you.
X1600 can be compared to v585 and the x2600 to v685, so if you are planning to get 1600 that price is too high you will x2600 for 55k,the x1600 can be had to much less,audition both receivers like fm's said yamaha is more musical whereas nothing beats denon when it comes to movies,i personally own a x2600 nd its supergood

The new Yamaha V6A is to watch out for. Just announced. More power than Denon 2600/2700 - 100 W/ch at 0.06% THD compared to 95 W/h in Denon 2600/2700. 2.2 preouts - allowing you to add a stereo amp for fronts, 4 8K/HDMI 2.1 ports compared to only 1 in Denon 2700. Multi point YPAO calibration. US price is $600 similar to V685, full 200 lower than 2600 and 250 lower than the new 2700. And matches Denon on other attributes.

Dear Experts,
Thank you.
Go for the Denon 2600. The price on HiFiMART is good. It’s retailing for 55k.

why not marantz 5013 for same price.it have preouts and everything else that yamaha and denon has to offer.
That's always the tradeoff - newer electronics/features in new receivers vs bigger/better sound in older ones. 2 year old Marantz usually retail at great discounts! Yet, I would still go for last year's 2600 simply because eARC and the ability to transmit Atmos and other lossless audio from inbuilt TV streaming apps could be highly useful. Atmos Height virtualization looks good on paper as an added feature.

This is a personal choice ultimately - so many other people choose bigger/better sound instead of latest electronics.

That's always the tradeoff - newer electronics/features in new receivers vs bigger/better sound in older ones. 2 year old Marantz usually retail at great discounts! Yet, I would still go for last year's 2600 simply because eARC and the ability to transmit Atmos and other lossless audio from inbuilt TV streaming apps could be highly useful. Atmos Height virtualization looks good on paper as an added feature.

This is a personal choice ultimately - so many other people choose bigger/better sound instead of latest electronics.
Well, i wont question your decision and its all your personal choice to choose correct amp for your setup,but i wonder people choose eARC over preout. You can always connect your source to avr and output video to TV, so, you have alternative for eARC, but preout comes in handy, when device gets a little outdated, so, you can add external amp instead of selling current avr.

And both 5013 and 2600h have height channel decoding.

But in the end, its your choice, you can go with what suits you.

The Denon AVR X2600H costs 54K with invoice and official warranty

It is so good to see the prices getting to more sane teritorry. When I was in market for my AVR last year, the lowest I could get for X2400 was like 70k. Yamaha v685 was around 60k. I ended up getting v585 and so far, in last one year, have been very happy with Yamaha. It is very easy to setup and its DSP modes are a class apart.

Seeing the pricing of x2600 at 54k, I am getting an itch to sell my v585 and get 2600 :D

But then, I am a happy user of v585

It is so good to see the prices getting to more sane teritorry. When I was in market for my AVR last year, the lowest I could get for X2400 was like 70k. Yamaha v685 was around 60k. I ended up getting v585 and so far, in last one year, have been very happy with Yamaha. It is very easy to setup and its DSP modes are a class apart.

Seeing the pricing of x2600 at 54k, I am getting an itch to sell my v585 and get 2600 :D

As long as you are happy with your current setup, just stick to it :) and besides I don't see a much difference between the RX-V585 and the Denon 2600.

Edit : Do you have a youtube channel?

Actually prices are almost 10 15% higher now as compared to dec last year.

Hi,

I am planning to buy denon avr-x2600. I have seen your reply to a post about pricing of this model. Could you please share your dealers contact with me?

Thanks

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back