Yet another which home theatre to buy thread!

Rockfella

:lol:

Prerequisites:

Obvious ones:
DTS HD-MA and Dolby True HD.
Powered Sub.
DTS-X won't hurt. Good for movies and music too. I've heard Denon sounds the best.
Most important: BLUETOOTH!

I have the Onkyo HTS-3500, now i'm looking at Denon or Yamaha. Buying for my boss not me. Entry level or mid-range would suffice. Want HTIB only.

TIA :)

Vivek.

Last edited:
:lol:

Prerequisites:

Obvious ones:
DTS HD-MA and Dolby True HD.
Powered Sub.
DTS-X won't hurt. Good for movies and music too. I've heard Denon sounds the best.
Most important: BLUETOOTH!

I have the Onkyo HTS-3500, now i'm looking at Denon or Yamaha. Buying for my boss not me. Entry level or mid-range would suffice. Want HTIB only.

TIA :)
Vivek.

Why is blurtooth so imp? if its for the same reason I expect it to be, then UPnP/Airplay will server the purpose in a much better way both in audio quality and ease/flexibility of use.

...and you didnt mention your budget .. ?

End user is a female. Wants bluetooth :eek:. Budget as low as possible :licklips:
Why is blurtooth so imp? if its for the same reason I expect it to be, then UPnP/Airplay will server the purpose in a much better way both in audio quality and ease/flexibility of use.

...and you didnt mention your budget .. ?

Hi

There would be a handful of systems with the required features and connectivity....you need to go window shopping and audition them...especially if the budget is very very low.....

Based on whats meets the expectation....decide...

End user is a female. Wants bluetooth :eek:. Budget as low as possible :licklips:

OH... well then HT-S3700 Onkyo is the only one that I could find which has HD Audio and Bluetooth,but its expensive compared to like Yamaha yth offering, but there is no Bluetooth in that.

OK. Bluetooth not a prerequisite anymore! :)

I am left with no option. Looking into Yamaha 2910. 299 nowhere in stock. Checked 4 places. Anything better in the 45k range than this one?

OK. Bluetooth not a prerequisite anymore! :)

I am left with no option. Looking into Yamaha 2910. 299 nowhere in stock. Checked 4 places. Anything better in the 45k range than this one?

Buy a Taga 606 5.0 speaker package for less thank 25 k and go for any base level AVR for 25K. You will get more options to upgrade with such a setup.

Hmmm digging this.
Whats holding you to go for Onkyo HTS 3800

I've heard more than once some HDMI board/chip in Onkyo's can't stand the test of time and have high failure rate. + Many users here have reported Yamaha being better than Onkyo. I don't think 3800 has active woofer + I checked with Onkyo C.R Park. It will take them one month to have it in stock.
Buy a Taga 606 5.0 speaker package for less thank 25 k and go for any base level AVR for 25K. You will get more options to upgrade with such a setup.

Now I need a 4K capable GPU as well. To be future proof the GPU should also be hdmi 2 :eek:

Last edited:
Hmmm digging this.

I've heard more than once some HDMI board/chip in Onkyo's can't stand the test of time and have high failure rate. + Many users here have reported Yamaha being better than Onkyo. I don't think 3800 has active woofer + I checked with Onkyo C.R Park. It will take them one month to have it in stock.

Passive Sub are more recomended in these HTiB. My personal experience with Onkyo is nothing short than steller. Used 4 years and no complaints, used to rock my room. I dont think Yamaha 299 also will have active sub. Anyway, what ever makes you comfortable, go for that ... :)

We took demo of the following today:
Yamaha 2910 with stock 5.1s. = Fine.
Denon x1200 with Polk FS (around 25k)
Denon sounded very musical and pleasing. How about getting the Denon x520/1000 and just getting good floor standers and later build up?
How are Tagas?
Passive Sub are more recomended in these HTiB. My personal experience with Onkyo is nothing short than steller. Used 4 years and no complaints, used to rock my room. I dont think Yamaha 299 also will have active sub. Anyway, what ever makes you comfortable, go for that ... :)

How about getting the Denon x520/1000 and just getting good floor standers and later build up?

By all means yes, thats the best option, if you can wait, save and add rest later. I would suggest polks TSx300 for movies as floorstands, or DALI. No idea about TEGA...

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back