100Hz technology

"Pracically" all true Motion looked as bad as it lookd on any high end LCD

@sam9s does this mean that you find the Trumotion to be practically useless? I am asking because I game extensively on my Dell 22" monitor which is 5ms and 60Hz, and I find no ghosting or any problems associated with motion. Will there be any discernible difference on a 32" TV with 4ms without trumotion?

"Pracically" all true Motion looked as bad as it lookd on any high end LCD

@sam9s does this mean that you find the Trumotion to be practically useless? I am asking because I game extensively on my Dell 22" monitor which is 5ms and 60Hz, and I find no ghosting or any problems associated with motion. Will there be any discernible difference on a 32" TV with 4ms without trumotion?

Nope.... (Gosh......I guess nobody read my review, as all these questions are addressed there)

Ok coming to your query......No True Motion is not completely useless, Infact it came out to be the Best tool AFA gaming and PC browsing goes. Thats where I felt the motion smoothness helped a great deal in all high end games.......I will quote the same sentence from my review.....

while playing games, true motion does wonders to the gameplay, I was like WTH, finally something good about this godawfull technology. Keeping the TM to full makes the gameplay amazingly smooth and that is what is required, while playing games.

So I did find an advantage for the same.......

Last edited:
As of now, from what Ive seen personally i feel Philips are the best in industry when it comes to motion handling tech and algorithm, although there sometimes over do it.
We bought a Philips CRT in 1990's which has the 100z, the tv is still running perfectly to date.[/url]

CRT comes in a different league, and shows the best result for 100Hz refresh rate, and I also agree Philips being pretty good (if not the best) in bringing out the 100Hz technology....

I also have a 100 Hz Philips 720p CRT.....:)

Sadly things are not same with LCDss

The 100Hz tech of Sony and Philips is pretty damn close. LG's 200Hz is not even close to 100Hz of Philips. Every single TV including the LH90 and SL90 had motion judder that doesn't need an expert to figure out.

LG has very very good panels but very poor electronics to go with it. They'll have real good TVs if they improve their electronics. However they are more interested in buzzwords than inventing technology. If you take a look at who actually owns most patents in LCD technologies, its Philips followed by Sony. The Koreans are nowhere in the picture.

I also agree Philips being pretty good (if not the best) in bringing out the 100Hz technology....

They are not just pretty good but the best in 100hz& motion technology,there are other brands which are very good in 100hz technology as well.

CRT comes in a different league, and shows the best result for 100Hz refresh rate,...
I also have a 100 Hz Philips 720p CRT.....:)

Are 720p/100Hz CRT still sold these days? I have not seen them on philips website. Sony discontinued them.

Last edited:
I came across this post:

A new study by Dr Raymond M Soneira, President of the DisplayMate Technologies Corporation, has rubbished claims that higher refresh rates combat motion blurring on LCD TVs.

In a report titled 'LCD Response Time and Motion Blur' Soneira believes that "LCD manufacturers have taken the idea of bigger refresh rates on TVs to combat a problem which doesn't actually exist."

In the paper he notes: "LCD manufacturers have turned [refresh rates] into a brilliant marketing strategy, offering ever more sophisticated and enhanced motion processing and ever higher 120 Hz and 240 Hz screen refresh rates to repeatedly over-sell a solution to a problem that is no longer a problem."

Read more: LCD TV refresh rates 'are marketing gimmicks' | News | TechRadar UK

Any thoughts??

Are 720p/100Hz CRT still sold these days? I have not seen them on philips website. Sony discontinued them.

Yes you are right, they are not available no more.......I dont know why....but I thik 100hz technology is still available......are'nt they???

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back