2nd Chennai HFV Meet

This is with reference to http://www.hifivision.com/general-chit-chat/8144-offline-sometime-2.html#post106527.
What I have in mind is the we hold the second meeting in a more serious and formal note and in a comfortable environment. My club, The Gandhi Nagar Club, has two meeting halls both of which we can book.
Way to go Venkatji.:clapping:
DAC cum amp (brand/model secret for now till I get my hands on it)
Is is the amp from Peach Audio?;)

Wow. I am in. I can bring my Stanton TT with a entry level cartridge and some descent records (e.g. Pink floyd, APP, Carpenters etc.,) to have a Vinyl taste to the session. I can also volunteer to be the photographer for the event with my DSLR equipment. Looking forward.

swami

Swami, that is wonderful:

So now we have the following:

1. Multiple BR Players
2. A DVD Player
3. Two speakers
4. Projector
5. Screen
6. A laptop.
7. A turntable
8. Xtreamer Media Player
9. TViX Media Player.
10. A hard disk full of movies and FLAC files.

Since Swami is bringing some LPs, it would make sense to get the same in CDs and in FLAC files. I have The Wall and Carpenters' Yesterday Once More as both CD and FLAC files. Others please chip in with music that you like.

I shall also see if I can bring my pair of pair of Aperion Audio bookshelves.

Capt, regarding the DAC cum Amp, I am afraid you will have to wait for a few days.

Cheers

Since Swami is bringing some LPs, it would make sense to get the same in CDs and in FLAC files. I have The Wall and Carpenters' Yesterday Once More as both CD and FLAC files. Others please chip in with music that you like.

Cheers
I have a collection of rock and pop CDs Can get them all.
Capt, regarding the DAC cum Amp, I am afraid you will have to wait for a few days.
Cheers
:sad::sad::sad:

Great and looking forward to meeting you all first time. While i am aware we have still time to finalise equipments etc., i am just giving below a list of few LPs i have which may be of some interest to the members. This can others to prepare the respective CDs and FLACs for comparison if possible.
Eye in the Sky - APP
Pink Floyd - The wall
Pink Floyd - Dark side of the moon
Tracy chapman - Fast Car
George Michael - Faith
Nana Mascoury - A Place in my heart
Tanita Tikaram - ancient heart
Carpenters - Made in America
Carpenters - 24 classics
Sade - Promise
Dire Straits - (i think a mixture of songs)

Just have it in mind.

swami

Add to the list

11. tripath amp
12. valve pre-amp (courtesy the vortex)

1. Multiple BR Players
2. A DVD Player
3. Two speakers
4. Projector
5. Screen
6. A laptop.
7. A turntable
8. Xtreamer Media Player
9. TViX Media Player.

I am away on 13th and 20th, but would certainly come on 27th.

Listening to some equipment comparisons would be very interesting: I am getting so deaf of late that I might find out that there is no longer any point in spending money on expensive gear! Well, everything has to have some advantage!

Club... Err, does that mean dress restrictions? These places have an unpleasant habit (smacks of the Raj to me) of not allowing their own native dress, and I am loathe to give up my vesti and chapels --- that's my dress code!--- as a matter of both principle and comfort. But, hey...

Club... Err, does that mean dress restrictions? These places have an unpleasant habit (smacks of the Raj to me) of not allowing their own native dress, and I am loathe to give up my vesti and chapels --- that's my dress code!--- as a matter of both principle and comfort. But, hey...

The dress restrictions are only for the bar where you wear full pants, shirts with collar, and shoes. Most of time I go to the club I am in half pants and t-shirts and I always sneak into the bar to enjoy the glares I get from all the regulars there.

For the meeting you can wear any dress you want, as long as you wear something:) Please remember the room is air conditioned and could be cold at times.

Oh, one more thing. My club does not allow smoking at all. I am partially responsible as I have screamed and threatened police action against members. You can always walk up to the road, puff and come back.

Cheers.

if we have a few hours then we can definitely do a lot of listening (and viewing). It would be fantastic to compare tube and solid-state, and analog and digital (anyone bringing a TT and some records?), and you could also check out the tripath sound for what it's worth. I remember our last meeting where flanker was telling me how he heard a tripath amp and how he was seriously impressed. I am wondering which amp he had heard.

It would also be very useful to compare blu-ray, HTPC and Xtreamer for HD content, and also blu-ray and DVD for those not yet convinced blu-ray/HD is the future :)

Can I get a bit more ambitious here......could we do some blind testing? The usual controversial subjects.......cables, ICs, computer v. CDP? Some of the guys with well trained ears and years of experience like Venkat and vortex can be the blind testers and the aam junta like me can handle the logistics of it. We'll level match stuff with an SPL meter and take blind observations and post the results :) come on guys!!

Psychotropic - I wish I had that kind of experience. I do not have either trained ears or years of experience, but nevertheless am willing to partake in such fun activities :).

The only blind test experiences I have had are with my wife and that was one occasion I was able to make her laugh loud and well - seeing me making mistake after mistake repeatedly.

Seeing the participation and enthu, it is not fair from my side of not avoiding to bring the Full HD PJ... I will bring it :) Will bring DTS-HD/ Dolby Tru HD Blurays also:) Sorry for my second thought earlier:sad:

Please check if proper projector screen is available in club for projection size of atleast 84" and above, since it is worth to check the PQ more than that.. If not check the provision for fitting my 84" PJ.

Regards

The dress restrictions are only for the bar where you wear full pants, shirts with collar, and shoes.

I understand that there must be a dress code but your club appears to be more formal than Officers' Messes / Institutes (Clubs) that I'm familiar of.

RSI Secunderabad (A club exclusively for serving and retired/released officers) or Area Officers' Mess for example does permit Shirt / T Shirt with collar tucked into Trouser / Jeans. Sandals with strap are allowed in the afternoon in RSI.
:D

Seeing the participation and enthu, it is not fair from my side of not avoiding to bring the Full HD PJ... I will bring it :) Will bring DTS-HD/ Dolby Tru HD Blurays also:) Sorry for my second thought earlier:sad:

Please check if proper projector screen is available in club for projection size of atleast 84" and above, since it is worth to check the PQ more than that.. If not check the provision for fitting my 84" PJ.

Regards

Full HD projector with lot of equipments:licklips:!

Also, "yaaravathu appidiyea oru 42-inchu full hd LCDya kondu vaangappa":eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

Also, "HDD full of movies and FLAC":licklips::licklips: I request all "copyright" personnels to come blind-folded.

Cheers!

The dress code sounds ok. I don't approve of such restrictions, but hey, neither do I drink, so it won't bother me what members do in their own bar!

I don't smoke, either, and am always glad to hear that's not allowed.

So long as the date's right (I have a trip booked, and that's not flexible) I'll be joining in.

When you say Gandhi Nagar --- I imagine you mean the Adyar one? That's good too.

If you guys are doing digital comparison, I am ready to lend my Dac Magic, if anyone can pick from my place that is along with the Belden 5000 and LC1 cables for blind test with Mono price and MX ;)

How I wish I was there.........................

Current head count:

1. svenkateshsmart
2. srinisundar
3. psychotropic
4. gannyboy
5. Jeevabobby26
6. Venkatcr
7. Kamal (in spirit :) only)
8. Asit (in spirit :) only)

When the number crosses 10 we are in business. Also please mention how many people you are bringing along. That will help in planning for spacing, eatables, etc.

Further down the line we will also list the equipment we can hope to see in the meet.
Cheers

Hi Venkat,
Please count my name as well and I am coming alone.

Swami, that is wonderful:

1. Multiple BR Players
2. A DVD Player
3. Two speakers
4. Projector
5. Screen
6. A laptop.
7. A turntable
8. Xtreamer Media Player
9. TViX Media Player.

I shall also see if I can bring my pair of pair of Aperion Audio bookshelves.

Cheers
Venkat / Friends,
Can we include a demo of Universal Remote, subject to availability?
Am always curious (ever since I heard about it) to know how the single iterface of Universal Remote is capable of being a substitute for many electronic proucts. Unfortunately, could not locate a single shop in Chennai who can show a demo of its kind.

Dear Venkat,

Pls count me in along with my wife:)
I shall get a Samsung BDP 1600 and My Box HD and Samosas....!!

So it is evident your wife is happy with last vist:)

Trust all married personnels can take a chance of bringing their wife, can be an family function sort of ... I will bring my wife and kid if majority are bringing their family:lol:

hi all
I really look forward to join you all for the feb 20th meet.I knowingly avoided the december meet eventhough i was interested in attending it.Reason is that you talk all technical things,which i dont understand a bit and i dont want to be like a fool in between experts.How i wish to attend the feb meet atleast for the sake of having a glance at the hifi eqiupment,just to listen to some high quality music.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back