2nd Chennai HFV Meet

Reason is that you talk all technical things,which i dont understand a bit and i don't want to be like a fool in between experts.

Redd, none of us are any great experts or authority. And more important, we certainly do not want to show off or act big or anything. Please remember, none of have any ulterior motive, and the only thing we want is to enjoy audio and video and help others to do so. At both Chennai and Bangalore, I met only people who were extremely friendly and who had no issues with explaining things or even asking questions when we did not understand something.

Please do attend the meting in Chennai, and I am sure you will enjoy it.

Cheers

Thad, don't be in a hurry. I said 20th or 27th and since you are the only one with objections to 20th, we can fix 27th. It will also give use a little more time for preparations and for other to join us. We have to receive confirmation from lots of other people.

So if none has any objections, let us shoot for 27th February. We now have a decent number.

ATTENDEES

1. svenkateshsmart
2. srinisundar
3. psychotropic
4. gannyboy
5. Jeevabobby26
6. Venkatcr + (Charu)
7. Kamal (in spirit only)
8. Asit (in spirit only)
9. The Vortex
10. Gruby + 1
11. Capt. Rajesh
12. Swami 69
13. Tellranga
14. Sound Advice + wife

EQUIPMENT

1. Multiple BR Players
2. A DVD Player
3. Two speakers
4. Projector
5. Screen
6. A laptop.
7. A turntable
8. Xtreamer Media Player
9. TViX Media Player.
10. A hard disk full of movies and FLAC files.
11. tripath amp
12. valve pre-amp (courtesy the vortex)

LPs

Eye in the Sky - APP
Pink Floyd - The wall
Pink Floyd - Dark side of the moon
Tracy chapman - Fast Car
George Michael - Faith
Nana Mascoury - A Place in my heart
Tanita Tikaram - ancient heart
Carpenters - Made in America
Carpenters - 24 classics
Sade - Promise
Dire Straits - (i think a mixture of songs)

CDs

Rock and pop CDs (Capt. Rajesh)
Raaga Symphony
Pink Floyd - The Wall
Carpenters - Best of
Dire Straits

Cheers

Hai Venkatcr,

Thanks for your efforts for the meet.

I am interested to attend. Since both the days are working days, have to take a day off. Let me see if I can convince my boss.

I have some LPs which can also be squeezed into the program, if time permits.
I have a SHADOWS 20 GOLDEN GREATS, Instrumental LP, which is almost a audiophile recording.

N.Murali

Hi venkat,

Any particular reason for Saturdays? Why not a Sunday like the last time? I have to attend office on Saturdays.If you can't get your club space on Sundays then i think i will not be able to attend the meet. If it is on any Sunday i will attend along with my son. I can bring the WD TV Live too.

cheers,
sri

Last edited:
Hi venkat,

Well i checked the calendar and it seems 27th is a holiday. So if it is on 27 Feb then count me in.

cheers,
sri

Last edited:
If it's a saturday meet that I can make it on the 27th but not on the 20th....i have 4th saturdays off (and 2nd saturdays), other saturdays are working for me.

Hi venkat,

Any particula reason for Saturdays? Why not a Sunday like the last time? I have to attend office on Saturdays.If you can't get your club space on Sundays then i think i will not be able to attend the meet. If it is on any Sunday i will attend along with my son. I can bring the WD TV Live too.

cheers,
sri

ATTENDEES
1. svenkateshsmart
2. srinisundar
3. psychotropic
4. gannyboy
5. Jeevabobby26
6. Venkatcr + (Charu)
8. Asit (in spirit only)
9. The Vortex
10. Gruby + 1
11. Capt. Rajesh
12. Swami 69
13. Tellranga
14. Sound Advice + wife

LPs
Eye in the Sky - APP
Pink Floyd - The wall
Pink Floyd - Dark side of the moon
Tracy chapman - Fast Car
George Michael - Faith
Nana Mascoury - A Place in my heart
Tanita Tikaram - ancient heart
Carpenters - Made in America
Carpenters - 24 classics
Sade - Promise
Dire Straits - (i think a mixture of songs)

CDs
Rock and pop CDs (Capt. Rajesh)
Raaga Symphony
Pink Floyd - The Wall
Carpenters - Best of
Dire Straits

Hi

Count me in with my spouse & two kids aged 11 & 8.

Also, in addition to the above CDs, I can also bring some CDs of Ghazals, Western Classical etc.

QUOTE=srikarkav;107143]Hi vnkat,

Well i checked the calendar and it seems 27th is a holiday. So if it is on 27 Feb then count me in.

cheers,
sri[/QUOTE]

If it's a saturday meet that I can make it on the 27th but not on the 20th....i have 4th saturdays off (and 2nd saturdays), other saturdays are working for me.

Mee too. I presumed that 20th & 27th are sundays & didn't see the calender:eek:. 27th being a holiday, is fine with me.

Hi all,

I wish I could also participtae if I am in Chennai during that period!

rgds,
Venu

You can count me in for 27th.

Let's not try and too much in one meet. Although I was only able to attend the start of the last meet, the format and planning seemed about right, and the reports confirmed that. And, IIRC, you guys were still there later than you expected.

Hai Venkatcr,

27th being a holiday for Meelad-un-nabi , will try to make it for the event, count me in.

N.Murali.

The updated list should look like this :

ATTENDEES
1. svenkateshsmart
2. srinisundar
3. psychotropic
4. gannyboy
5. Jeevabobby26
6. Venkatcr + (Charu)
8. Asit (in spirit only)
9. The Vortex
10. Gruby + 1
11. Capt. Rajesh
12. Swami 69
13. Tellranga
14. Sound Advice + wife
15. Srikarkav+son
16. N.Muralidharan

The updated list should look like this :

ATTENDEES
1. svenkateshsmart
2. srinisundar
3. psychotropic
4. gannyboy
5. Jeevabobby26
6. Venkatcr + (Charu)
8. Asit (in spirit only)
9. The Vortex
10. Gruby + 1
11. Capt. Rajesh
12. Swami 69
13. Tellranga
14. Sound Advice + wife
15. Srikarkav+son
16. N.Muralidharan

Kindly note: I had asked my spouse & two kids also to be counted.

So it is evident your wife is happy with last vist:)

Trust all married personnels can take a chance of bringing their wife, can be an family function sort of ... I will bring my wife and kid if majority are bringing their family:lol:

Majority will eventually happen if you chip in.

iam a new bie to this forum .iam not well in eng.iam in touch with the forum a while.i was interested in the first meeting itself.iam not able to attend.but if u people permit me.i am very much interested in meeting u the forum peoples.plz count on me and plz inform very the venue is

Back