2nd Chennai HFV Meet

''@ Sri, we already have two media players. I am hoping the Event Manager will coordinate all the equipment and who brings what. ''

Fine venkat.Noted.

@bala: Sorry to know you have an injury on the hand.Is it due to cricket? Take care. Regarding the number of equipments i think your concerns are very valid.I think taking lunch will consume a considerable time since some guys are bringing their families.I think as Ram suggested we can always try the equipments that are left out, in our next meet.IMHO you can coordinate with murali_n in deciding the agenda.

cheers,
sri

Last edited:
@TheVortex
Who is volunteering to be even manager? He is the person who decides what equipment comes and what is used, and runs the show. Things have to be done on fixed time basis.
Cheers

Why not soundofmusic (Arjun)? I remember him telling in the last meet that he was into event management, copyright protection, etc.

If he is interested, then we can be rest assured!

Cheers!

guys..!!

Spoke with Mark and he is very much positive about bringing his book shelf speakers that he was building for demo..though he was not very sure about his amp.
@ Venkat sir- we will be needing you through the entire show. With so much equipments around and little time why cant you consider the meet up truly professional without wives and kids distracting. Just my thought..of course let the majority decide..We can have the large room for video and smaller one for audio. We would require you to prioritize discussions that follows demos. Pls sir dont wast ur time catering to wives!! :)

cheers
ganesh

@Ram, can you call me or Bala sometime? Your mobile seems to be switched off. Bala and I were wondering how to coordinate with you regarding the DacMagic.

Cheers

Guys: I am in the US now, thats why mobile switched off. If anyone can pick my DM pm me and I will send my wife's number.

Hai Vortex,

Lets set the ball rolling:

EQUIPMENT

1. Multiple BR Players - What make? How many?
2. A DVD Player - Model
3. Two speakers - A Pair or 2 diff. makes?
4. Projector - Model?
5. Screen
6. A laptop
7. A turntable - Stanton (Courtesy Swami 69)
8. Xtreamer Media Player
9. TViX Media Player
10. A hard disk full of movies and FLAC files.
11. Tripath amp -
12. Valve pre-amp (courtesy TheVortex)
13. HTPC (TheVortex)
14. DACMagic (MadbullRam through TheVortex/Venkat to be confirmed)

As per earlier post lets split the room for Audio & Video so that people can spend more time at their desired place.

N.Murali

I will fill it up on my part.........

1. Multiple BR Players - What make? How many?
2. A DVD Player - Model
3. Two speakers - A Pair or 2 diff. makes?
4. Projector - MITSUBUSHI 4900 & BENQ 5120
5. Screen
6. A laptop
7. A turntable - Stanton (Courtesy Swami 69)
8. Xtreamer Media Player
9. TViX Media Player
10. A hard disk full of movies and FLAC files.
11. Tripath amp -
12. Valve pre-amp (courtesy TheVortex)
13. HTPC (TheVortex)
14. DACMagic (MadbullRam through TheVortex/Venkat to be confirmed)

Last edited:
Speakers will be

1. A pair of Audire IO2s
2. A pair of Mark's bookshelves
3. If 2 above does not work out, I can bring a pair of Aperion Audio bookshelves.
4. Laptop will be my Dell Inspiron 8600 - old but enough.
5. TviX - 6500. This will have 1TB hard disk built in.
6. Hard Disk will be my WD 500GB.
7. DVD - Player - Oppo 983.

Someone needs to bring a CDP. Is the Marantz 6003 possible?

Cheers

Why not soundofmusic (Arjun)? I remember him telling in the last meet that he was into event management, copyright protection, etc.

If he is interested, then we can be rest assured!

Cheers!
Hi,
would like to be the Event manager for the event.
Can co -ordinate everything but equipment selection.
If someone can call me on 98400 727 69 we can work out the details.
Also it would be helpful if a core group can meet ASAP.

can i get my paradigm atom monitor book shelves too??

Actually, this will be a superb option. The Atoms have been prised to the sky, and it will give all of us a chance to listen to them sing.

I shall not bring my Aperions.

Cheers

Hi,
would like to be the Event manager for the event. Can co -ordinate everything but equipment selection. If someone can call me on 98400 727 69 we can work out the details. Also it would be helpful if a core group can meet ASAP.

SA, if you are ready to take up this task, it is fantastic. Let me list your responsibilities:

1. Make a list of equipment, coordinate with the owners and ensure the equipment reaches the venue before 1030. You can short list the equipment in the forum after discussing with people like TheVortex, Psychotropic, Flanker, Murali and others.

2. Work out a schedule of activities on the day, and ensure the activities are followed to the core. Please allow about an hour of free time for people to do what they want.

3. Finalise and publish the schedule at least by the 20th.

4. Work with all of us to short list music and movies that will be used for comparison. We must have three copies of music - CD, FLAC/WAV/WMA, and an LP. Movies can again be three kinds - DVD, BR, and Ripped version (AVI, MKV......) (Srinisundar is an expert here).

5. On 27th, be the point man for all activities.

6. Make a list of people who will volunteer for (1) photography, and (2) taking notes for publication here later.

Cheers

If TheVortex, Psychotropic, Flanker, Murali and others can SMS their phone numbers to me on 98400 727 69 , we can start on the planning tomorrow.

Hi

As I could not attend the Ist meeting due to some unavoidable reasons I would like to attend this so do please count me in :licklips:

sub+1

Regards

sub

Video: Panny 32 LCD, PS3, Sony DVP-NS78H, Samsung DVD-P365H, WDTV, Big TV.
Audio: Yamaha RX-V661, Sansui G-5000, Hand Made Tower for stereo, Pioneer Linear Power for HT with Onkyo SL-107 powered sub.

:( i am really sorry but i am going to have to bunk this one. My room-mate from college is getting married in Bangalore on the very same day and it looks like I will have to be out of town that weekend. So scratch the tripath amp and my name from the lists, unless I am able to pass it on to someone before hand. Damn, I was really looking forward to this.

:( i am really sorry but i am going to have to bunk this one. My room-mate from college is getting married in Bangalore on the very same day and it looks like I will have to be out of town that weekend. So scratch the tripath amp and my name from the lists, unless I am able to pass it on to someone before hand. Damn, I was really looking forward to this.

he he he I am happy that U cant join :clapping: :yahoo: I have company ;)

Hi Soundadvice,

I have already offered to bring my Stanton TT and few LPs for this meet. I have also volunteered to bring my DSLR for photo shoots. I have sent a PM giving my mobile number incase you want more information from me.

swami

Folks - just arranged for the Dacmagic to be picked up and also spoke to Venkat on this subject.

The main thrust areas for our meet may be laid out as below:

1) Introduce the sound signature of a valve amplifier (Lyrita 2A3 SET) paired with single range loudspeakers (Audire IO2)

2) Play a song which everybody is familiar with or a song which has recognized nuances or dynamics which are enjoyable, through a traditional CD player (We do need members' help on this one. We dont yet have a CD player). Repeat the same activity with the same song ripped onto a hard drive through a HTPC (using a sound card). The amplification and speaker system being the same as listed above.

3) Play the same or a similar song with the same pairing equipment through the HTPC and then compare the output with DAC Magic being introduced in the chain.

4) Play the same or a similar song with the same pairing equipment through the TT. An LP would be used.

5) Repeat the same set of activities for the Tripath amp.

6) Introduce the Paradigm Monitor loudspeakers to the chain. Preferably they might need solid state amplification. (Again we might need members' help on this)

7) After this we can move into ad hoc mode and test various combinations as members' please and try out movies on WDTV and other systems as desired.

8) Venkat and myself together in our hard drives would have a good bit of collection of music. So we can indulge ourselves as we please.

Please do write back with suggestions, modifications or just in general. Of course everything is subject to approval from our event manager, SoundAdvice!

Ah, thats a shame, psychotropic. Do you think you can pass the amp over to somebody, if you are OK with it?

Also, can u do a blind test with MX cables vs Monoprice vs any other costly ICs pls? (u can pick this from my house when u r taking DM)

I really want to know the difference in these cables!!!

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back