2nd Chennai HFV Meet

Hi bala,

I can bring my Marantz CDP and Stereo amp,as the club is only 10 minutes drive away from home.But both are vintage.If you guys are looking for modern gadgets, these are ruled out.Keep me posted.

cheers,
sri

Just my thought, when u r triamping something, i would prefer the owner doing it :), will save unwanted hiccups :)

If I am not mistaken, the amp is called Tripath after the man who developed it - a Mr. Tripathy :).

So, I dont think it has the ability to be tri-amped. Psychotropic may rest easy :).

Hi bala,

I can bring my Marantz CDP and Stereo amp,as the club is only 10 minutes drive away from home.But both are vintage.If you guys are looking for modern gadgets, these are ruled out.Keep me posted.

cheers,
sri

Thanks Sri! We will see what other offers come in and leave it to the Event Manager to choose between them.

And Sri - no this is not a cricket injury. Thanks for asking about it. Its a - well - a freak injury. I will explain it to you when we meet.

hehe yes, adya tripathi......and i'd love to hand it over to someone. I still haven't got my hands on it, I am heading to Bangalore for a conference tomorrow and day after, during which I will get my hands on it. Of course, if it turns out to be a worthless piece of junk, then we won't bother with it, but i am hoping it won't. Will keep you guys posted.

If I am not mistaken, the amp is called Tripath after the man who developed it - a Mr. Tripathy :).

So, I dont think it has the ability to be tri-amped. Psychotropic may rest easy :).

Dear friends,
I am looking forward to meet you all on 27th as I missed our first meet.I am coming alone.
Thanking you,
pksnathan

Folks - no comments on the suggested agenda? Do contribute with your thoughts so that we may firm up on the agenda and therefore try to have a productive and seamless outing when we meet.

TENTATIVE AGENDA

Session 1 - All things Audio
Session 2 - All things Video

Off course there will be a overlap of some equipments on both categories which we can handle.
In the meanwhile a suggestion was made by Murali can be adopted.
Request everyone to give the following details in the same order so that we can put it on an Excel sheet and plan out.
1. Name of Member
2. Equipment - Audio ( Includes Speakers, Amps, AVR, DAC's )
3. Equipment - Video ( Includes DVD/ BDP, streamers )
4. Music
try to put in only one piece of delectable equipment in each category.

1. Name of Member : Srinivasan

2. Equipment - Audio : NIL

3. Equipment - Video : Full HD Projector- Mitsubushi 4900 for video streaming & Benq 5120 for any sessions- Will bring both + Some original Blurays with HD Sound

4. Music : NIL

Last edited:
hi, all you nil guys!!!

enjoy yourself and be sure to post your impressions!

i would like to hear (and learn) from you!

name-Mad Ram
audio- Dac Magic Mk2i, Belden ICs, MX ICs
video- nil
music - nil

Will be omni present and toying with the idea, If I can call anyone and be present via phone.

Venkat: Any chance of a webcast :yahoo:

1. Name of Member : CR Venkataraman
2. Equipment - Audio : Audire IO2s, Oppo 983, Magica DAC
3. Equipment - Video : Original DVD for comparison with BR to be specified by Event Manager, TViX 6500, Dell Laptop, 500GB WD Hard Disk.
4. Music: Katie Meluah, Carpenters, Pink Floyd - The Wall, Raga Symphony, Jazz At The Pawn Shop (SACD).

Cheers

Venkat: Any chance of a webcast :yahoo:

We do not have cameras and transmitting equipment and, more important, bandwidth. Unless we have 2 MBPS, webcast will be jerky and of no value. After ten minutes you will get bored and switch off.

Cheers

1. Name of Member : Balachandhran. S
2. Equipment - Audio : Lyrita 2A3 SET amplifier, HTPC, NAD C372 (if nobody else can get a solid state amplifier)
3. Equipment - Video : Random movies on my hard disk.
4. Music: <A collection> Mostly includes Hindi and Tamil film music with a healthy mix of Carnatic and Hindustani Classical. Will also include staples such as The Wall, Katie Melua and others.

I will be bringing Madbullram's DAC Magic plus Belden and MX interconnects with me.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back