2nd Chennai HFV Meet

Hai Venkat,

If logistics workout, I shall bring :

1) Marantz CD-48 CD Player ( Modded with 4562 OPAMP)
2) NORGE 2060 (Pre-Amp Modded with 2134 OPAMP and Nichicon Muze Coupling Caps).

Of course my share of LPs and CDs for comparison are confirmed.
I shall also bring COLRAD IC.

N.Murali.

Last edited:
Hi Venkat

It is good to see so many items are to be compared, to be added to the list can i bring my PS3 with some softwares and DAIYO HDMI cable for comparison.

Regards

Sub

Video: Panny 32 LCD, PS3, Sony DVP-NS78H, Samsung DVD-P365H, WDTV, Big TV.
Audio: Yamaha RX-V661, Sansui G-5000, Hand Made Towers for stereo, Pioneer Linear Power for HT with Onkyo SL-107 powered sub.

I received my 25ft HDMI cable today and will bring for the meet..

Any news about speaker cables, who is volunteering / Receivers ? Speakers or 5.1 or 2.1 ? Any Subwoofer ?

Regards

I will bring 30ft component cable / If ordered 25ft HDMI cable received before the meet, will bring that also..( present 25ft HDMI cable using cannot be removed)

if i get the address of one of the attendees - i would like to send 3 kilos kerala banana chips as my contribution - please oblige!
Someone send their address to Suri. These Banana chips that Suri sends are very nice - the best I have had so far. He sent me some last week along with some CDs that I had asked for. Thanks again Suri!!

I received my 25ft HDMI cable today and will bring for the meet..

Any news about speaker cables, who is volunteering / Receivers ? Speakers or 5.1 or 2.1 ? Any Subwoofer ?

Regards

Hai srini,

I can bring my Monster Speaker Cables.

N.Murali.

Speaker or 5.1 or 2.1 /// receivers ??? Update please / Murali has told that he will bring speaker wire - how much length - If members volunteeing speakers can bring the wires too it will be good.

Hai srini,

The Monster speaker cables measure 6 m approx per channel, terminated with MX Bananas in one end and bare at other.

N.Murali

Last edited:
ROUTE TO THE CLUB

For those coming from Thiruvanmiyur/Velachery side, get on Lattice Bridge Road till your reach the Adyar traffic light. At the traffic light turn right.

For those coming from IIT side, keep coming on Sardar Patel Road till you reach the Adyar traffic light. Cross the light and go straight.

For those coming from Adyar Bridge/Andhra Mahila Sabha side, come on Sardar Patel Road. After you cross the bridge keep to the left and do NOT go up the ramp. As you near the Aavin Circle, make a u-Turn.

Now, you will all be under the over bridge with a large bus stand on your left that has a separate road. Stay on the main road and keep to the extreme left. There will be a pedestrian crossing just under the over bridge. Immediately after the pedestrian crossing take a sharp left turn. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES MUST YOU GO ON THE ROAD WITH MALAR HOSPITAL ON YOUR LEFT. YOU HAVE GONE TOO FAR AND THERE IS NO U-TURN AVAILABLE TILL ANDHRA MAHILA SABHA.

As you turn (into Gandhi Nagar) you will see the Malar Hospital on your right. Go on this road from about half a kilometer and you will see the Adyar river and a large open ground on your right. After the open ground. you will see a large white wall on your right. That is the beginning of the Club. As you near the end of the wall, turn right and you will have reached the main gate of the Club. Park anywhere and come into the club. Tell the reception that you have come for the HiFiVision meeting and they will direct you to the hall on the second floor.

ATTENDEES

1. svenkateshsmart (Not coming)
2. srinisundar + wife + HiFi Kid
3. psychotropic (not coming)
4. gannyboy
5. Jeevabobby26
6. Venkatcr + (Charu)
7. Kamal (in spirit only)
8. Asit (in spirit only)
9. The Vortex
10. Gruby + 1
11. Capt. Rajesh + Wife + 2 kids
12. Swami 69
13. Tellranga
14. Sound Advice + wife
15. N. Muralidharan
16. Srikarkav + Son
17. Mohadmmed Naseer
18. nagurum1974 + two
19. Thad
20. Sub + 1
21. rams1977
21. pksnathan
22. redd
23. Nazim007

TIMINGS

Those bringing equipment will assemble at 0930.
Other will come in at 11 am.

Tea/Coffee will be served at 1130-1200
Lunch between 1330 to 1400
Snack and Tea/coffee between 1500-1530

First session will be audio equipment
Second session will be video equipment/Blu-Ray etc.

EQUIPMENT

DIGITAL SOURCES

1) Oppo DVD player (Venkatcr)
2) Marantz CD Player (Srikarkav) and Modded Marantz CD48 (Murali)
3) HTPC with dedicated sound card (thevortex)
4) Laptop (venkatcr)
5) Blu Ray Player (Srinisundar)
6) PS3 (Sub)

PROJECTION EQUIPMENT

1) Mitsubishi 4900 projector (Srinisundar)
2) benq 5120 (Srinisundar)

ANALOG SOURCE AND CONTENT

1) Vinyl Turntable (swami69) [ Standton T.60 turntable + Audio technica Phono Pre-amp]
2) Several LPs (swami69)
3) Several LPs (murali_n)

TUNER

sony xdr f1hd am/fm (Redd)

DAC

1) DacMagic MkII (Madbullram) - I will be bringing the DAC along with two pairs of interconnects on behalf of Madbullram.
2) Musica DAC (VenkatCR)

SOLID STATE AMPLIFICATION

1) NAD C372/Music Hall a25.2 (thevortex/venkatcr)

VALVE AMPLIFICATION

1) Lyrita 2A3 SET amp (thevortex)

MEDIA PLAYER

Xtreamer Media Player (Dannyboy)

FLAC / MOVIE SOURCE

HARD DISKS (Venkat / TheVortex)

Specialty amplification

1) Tripath Topping amp (psychotropic) - I will be getting the amp over on behalf of psychotropic. [Sorry psychotropic - could not come up with a better heading than 'Specialty amplification'. Trust that is OK )

SPEAKERS

1) Audire IO2 single range loudspeaker
2) Paradigm Atom monitor (gannyboy)
3) PSB Alpha B1 (thevortex) - only if required

CABLES

Speaker cables - Belden, Monster, Mx, DAC (Venkat, MadbullRam, Murali)
ICs - Acoustic Research, Tara Labs, Mx, Belden (Venkat, MadbullRam)
HDMI - DAC, Oppo
USB - Stock Cables
Power Cords: Stock

LPs

Eye in the Sky - APP
Pink Floyd - The wall
Pink Floyd - Dark side of the moon
Tracy chapman - Fast Car
George Michael - Faith
Nana Mascoury - A Place in my heart
Tanita Tikaram - ancient heart
Carpenters - Made in America
Carpenters - 24 classics
Sade - Promise
Dire Straits -

CDs

Rock and pop CDs (Capt. Rajesh)
Raaga Symphony
Pink Floyd - The Wall
Carpenters - Best of
Dire Straits

FLAC Version of above

CAMERA

Nikon D80 DSLR and official photographer - (Swami69)

COST PER HEAD:

We have roughly 31 attendees so the hall costs will work out to 150 per person. Lunch and snack will be extra. I shall talk to the club tomorrow in terms of the snacks and lunch and post a fianl figure on Thursday/Friday. I would say the total amount per person will come to around 500 per head.

IMPORTANT:

Those who are bringing equipment, please PM me you mobile numbers.

Cheers

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back