2nd Chennai HFV Meet

I was just thinking, has there ever been HiFi meet with so many things happening and organized?

Not that i have seen till now

THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS VENKAT :clapping: and ALL THE EQUIMENT OWNERS :clapping: and THE ENTHUSIASTIC C-HFV members :clapping: and HFV members :clapping: who support us.

You guys rock!:clapping:

Hi,
wish you all the success for this meet. Hope to see some pictures of audire IO2. That audire website never came into life.:sad:
Thanks.

Folks, we are all set for the 27th meeting. I will be finalising the menu today. I am also calling all the members who are bringing equipment to ensure there are no last minute hitches.

If anyone has any comment, please post it now.

Srikarkav, Murali, and Gannyboy - I have sent you individual PMs. Please do check. Gannyboy, I need to know if Mark is coming with his equipment.

Cheers

I spoke to Sashi this evening. Sashi is a friend of Capt. Rajesh and attended the last meeting. He is attending the meeting on 27th and has promised he will try to bring a Marantz CD63 CDP and his own Cayin tube amplifier. I think we now have all the equipment we need to have some real fun.

I also need 6 volunteers. I will blindfold these people and randomly change the source and amplifier. I want to see if these blind test have any meaning. :):)

Just joking.

Cheers

I am so sorry I wont be able to make it for the meeting since i have to leave station.. Cant get you the speakers too..sad im gonna miss much.. :sad:

:sad::sad::sad: We will miss you :sad::sad:

Venkateshsmart who has told earlier not coming will be attending..

I am so sorry I wont be able to make it for the meeting since i have to leave station.. Cant get you the speakers too..sad im gonna miss much.. :sad:

I will blindfold these people

Scary, Venkat !

Enjoy your meet, all the Chennai folks!

If you guys forgive me, I have only one apprehension about your meet which Vortex expressed sometime ago and I also discussed with Venkat. And that is: It just could be that you have too many equipments to audition for a given day. The reason I say this is that our hearing is also influenced by short-term memory at least, and that's why if you keep on changing equipments too fast, you may end up not making the 'correct' judgement. In my opinion, we should give our ears at least half an hour before we get adjusted to the new sound, and then start listening to it more critically. In any case, the job is difficult for so many people any way because only a few can be near the sweet spot at a given point of time.

I wish you a very happy meet. Enjoy the music. I am also sure the food would be great since Venkat is arranging it. When I met Venkat near Chennai a few months ago, we had dinner together and he and his wife Charu ordered, actually we got the chef over while ordering, so I know.

Regards.

Last edited:
Hi,

As there has been a last minute change in my travel plans,I will be in Madras on 27 Feb.

Would it be possible for me to attend the meet at such short notice to the organisers?

Regards
Rajiv

ROUTE TO THE CLUB

TIMINGS

Those bringing equipment will assemble at 0930.
Other will come in at 11 am.

Tea/Coffee will be served at 1130-1200
Lunch between 1330 to 1400
Snack and Tea/coffee between 1500-1530

First session will be audio equipment
Second session will be video equipment/Blu-Ray etc.

EQUIPMENT

DIGITAL SOURCES

1) Oppo DVD player (Venkatcr)
2) Marantz CD Player (Srikarkav) and Modded Marantz CD48 (Murali)
3) HTPC with dedicated sound card (thevortex)
4) Laptop (venkatcr)
5) Blu Ray Player (Srinisundar)
6) PS3 (Sub)

Cheers

Scary, Venkat !

Enjoy your meet, all the Chennai folks!

If you guys forgive me, I have only one apprehension about your meet which Vortex expressed sometime ago and I also discussed with Venkat. And that is: It just could be that you have too many equipments to audition for a given day. ...

Regards.
Venkat,
After planning so many things (thanks to Venkat & all volunteers) can we also plan a detailed time table for each demo with a planned time. For eg,
11:00 to 11:30 - Demo of Blue Ray by Srini
11:30 to 12;00 - Demo of DAC by Venkat
.... etc
This ensures we stick to the agenda of our meet. Otherwise we might spend too much time on one thing and miss many.
What say ?
Since I am not subject expert, it is not fair for me to volunteer this activity.
Venkat, if there is anything else that a layman can contribute to avoid you getting overloaded, do let me know, I will be happy to come tomorrow by 930 to be a squirrel.

Thanks,
ranga.

Last edited:
ATTENDEES

1. svenkateshsmart (Not coming)
2. srinisundar + wife + HiFi Kid
3. psychotropic (not coming)
4. gannyboy
5. Jeevabobby26
6. Venkatcr + (Charu)
7. Kamal (in spirit only)
8. Asit (in spirit only)
9. The Vortex
10. Gruby + 1
11. Capt. Rajesh + Wife + 2 kids
12. Swami 69
13. Tellranga
14. Sound Advice + wife
15. N. Muralidharan
16. Srikarkav + Son
17. Mohadmmed Naseer
18. nagurum1974 + two
19. Thad
20. Sub + 1
21. rams1977
21. pksnathan
22. redd
23. Nazim007
I will come with a name tag for all these 23 attendees (with buffers).

Why not Rajiv, you are most welcome:) We have enough space for more members...

Hi,

As there has been a last minute change in my travel plans,I will be in Madras on 27 Feb.

Would it be possible for me to attend the meet at such short notice to the organisers?

Regards
Rajiv

can we also plan a detailed time table for each demo with a planned time. For eg,
11:00 to 11:30 - Demo of Blue Ray by Srini
11:30 to 12;00 - Demo of DAC by Venkat
.... etc
This ensures we stick to the agenda of our meet. Otherwise we might spend too much time on one thing and miss many.

I had asked for a volunteer to take on the role of Event Manager just for this purpose. Unfortunately nobody volunteered. What I have been doing for the last two days is all all members who are brining equipment to ensure we are getting what has been listed.

TheVortex has already listed a rough schedule of activities. What we will do is as follows. One all the equipment reaches the club tomorrow, a few of us will get together and work out a schedule. So when we finish tea by 1130, we will be ready to roll on a planned agenda.

Roughly the agenda is audio in the morning, and video in the post lunch session.

Cheers

I confirm my visit for tommorow.:)

Please confirm indivudualy, so it will be easy for venkatcr to count on last minute cancellation.

Regards

Edited attendees list:

1. svenkateshsmart (to be confirmed)
2. srinisundar + wife + HiFi Kid
3. Jeevabobby26
4. Venkatcr + (Charu)
5. The Vortex
6. Gruby + 1
7. Capt. Rajesh + Wife + 2 kids
8. Swami 69
9. Tellranga
10. Sound Advice + wife
11. N. Muralidharan
12. Srikarkav + Son
13. Mohadmmed Naseer
14. nagurum1974 + two
15. Thad
16. Sub + 1
17. rams1977
18. pksnathan
19. redd
20. Rajiv
21. Sashi

Head Count: 32

Cheers

Under advice I have removed 'Nazim007' as I believe he is a spammer. Thanks Srini.

Last edited:
Venkat - as discussed, I will be accompanied by a family member. Whether it is going to be my father or my wife will be known only tomorrow :).

Hello everybody,

Suri has sent the Banana chips as promised.:clapping:

I have a suggestion. I suggest that we also give a demo of what is good, what is mediocre and what is bad.

For this my contribution would be:
Marantz CD 63 Mk II - Good CD Player
Sony 5 CD - Between mediocre & bad.

I can also get a set of bookshelf which can be rated as mediocre/bad

Suggestions are welcome.:)

Rajesh

I have a suggestion. I suggest that we also give a demo of what is good, what is mediocre and what is bad.Rajesh

hi captrajesh -

that is a very good suggestion - comparison of the good - the bad- and the ugly -

would be very helpful to all of us!!!

so, please do it.

I have a suggestion. I suggest that we also give a demo of what is good, what is mediocre and what is bad.

For this my contribution would be:
Marantz CD 63 Mk II - Good CD Player

Though suggestions are always welcome, the idea is basically to look at the difference between TT, CD, and FLAC. We will (hopefully) be playing the same songs through all three sources.

Similarly, in video we are looking at the difference between a DVD, a BR disc, and a computer based media.

@Suri, thanks for the chips. I am sure it will disappear in a few minutes !!

Cheers

I confirm my attendance to the meet tommorrow,and i will be reaching there with my am/fm tuner before 10am[i have to catch an EMU at my place by 7am inthe morning]

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back