32" LCD: SONY or some unknown brand from China

spanisheyes.rahul

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum thing myself but checking views and experience from it from a long time. Firstly a short story for the base of the question i need to ask. If you don't wanna listen skip too the colored para's.

I had purchased a 32"LG80FR LCD in march 09 and it started showing a "horizontal 'no display' area of 1 inch at the extreme bottom of the screen" within 2 months of purchase. I did what i can to repair/replace the LCD from LG and ultimately LG took 8 months (100+ calls, 10+ emails, 4 registered posts to HQ) to refund the full amount of 36,000 INR with a cheque to me.

I was shocked but ultimately at the same time pretty happy with the experience. It was one of the astonishing LCD, packed with a great sound system (500 watt, 5.1 inbuilt) i have ever seen in its price range till date. I enjoyed it (1080, 720 rips) to a year for free as the display area which effected was at extreme bottom of screen,:yahoo: and LG couldn't repair it cause within 3 months of launching this model, they stopped manufacturing it. But definitely i will miss my LG pup.:sad:

Now i am back for the hunt of a new LCD, but with a frightened heart. Mine 1st tier company product display panel broke in 2 months, i thought its a issue of a defective product, but when i started searching complaints about LCD display panel failure on net, i found 1000s of dissatisfied customers of LG, Samsung, Panasonic and even Sony facing the issue of display panel failure, and 90 % of them just crossed their 1 year standard warranty.

So what you guys suggest, should i go with the so called best..SONY,
or i should be looking for brands like llyod, Toshiba, companies who are offering 4 year warranty on their products and are 10K cheaper. I never thought that someday i will be looking for Llloyd/Toshiba/Videocon LCD, even a CRT. But yes in in coming few months if these LCD will broke, that will be 10K less FATAKA on my pocket. Or should i go with a CRT, which will be a peace of mind for next 15 years.

Please express your views on my situation. Correct me if i am wrong. :rolleyes:

Yours seems to be rare case of a particular model that has failed for some reason. I have been using a LG 42 inch for the last 12 months without ANY issue whatsoever. So go ahead and get a LCD/LED/Plasma panel without worries.

Cheers

even my lg crt refuse to turn up in very next day of the purchase.i have also undergone 1000 of compaints to customer care and what not, They replace my tv and brought a diffrent lg model now its still going best for 9 th year..
"Things u learn from past is called Experince"

None of Lloyd, Toshiba and Videocon are unnamed chinese companies. Toshiba especially is a japanese product. If they give 4 yrs warrenty for 10k less, go for it.

thanks guys. Panasonic U20D FHD is my new mate. 3 year warranty. We BLEED BLUE :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers: all along. We got world-cup, so i think this would be a lucky buy.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back