• IPS Panel
  • Better picture quality
  • Okayish Sound quality
  • HD ready

Sony KLV-32R422A
  • Better Sound
  • Better Looking Design
  • HD ready

My requirements are for good viewing experience for SD channels.
I mainly watch sports, news and movies.
I do not play video games.
I do watch World Cinema from my hard disk. I am yet to check the experience how these two fair with external drive and their media player.

Although Sony is said to be market leader, but they use VA panels. Which are said to be not as good as IPS panels, Is it?

I have read reviews mainly from US and also from India consumers about Sony LED's going dead/ become poor after ~2 years of use.

Panasonic has no doubt better picture quality but sound quality is not at par.
I really don't know how they fair over a period of time.

So good folks, Please enlighten me, Which one should I pick.

I think Panasonic TH-32A410D is a better choice. I have checked one of this at a nearby showroom, and the picture quality really stands out from the rest. I have friends who have been using Panasonic TVs for quite a while and they are fully satisfied.

On the other hand, I know two of my friends' Sony LCD panels has gone dead after roughly 2 yrs. I like the picture quality of Sony LCDs, but I don't think they are reliable post warranty period.

Although Sony is said to be market leader, but they use VA panels. Which are said to be not as good as IPS panels, Is it?

Not true. IPS panels have poorer contrast ratio and black levels compared to VA. VA panels are better for movies & videos.

I have read reviews mainly from US and also from India consumers about Sony LED's going dead/ become poor after ~2 years of use.

Is it? I had seen many old Sony EX series TVs working without any complaints for more than 2 years.

yes,I like the picture quality of Sony LCDs, but I don't think they are reliable post warranty period. thanks
nqpSam

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back