Panasonic 55GX800D ..its awesome !

Thats what StopTheFOMO said about their Japan stock.

But what kind of "crop" they are offering "currently" in India is the question.

8 years is a long time in terms of "how brands & their offerings in nations/ regions shift"
Hi

Will try to post my review soon.
Don't want to do it in a hurry.
Testing it on all fronts.
Comparing it with my existing tv sets also.

Regards

I am not very good at reviewing products. Here is my little review:

My verdict: Its a great Tv within the price point. And even puts to shame many overpriced tv's from other well known brands.

Problem is, Lot's of us guys expect a lot from a mid range television, that it will give the same outcome of a high-end very costly panel Tv's. You will need to spend quite a bit more on a FALD TV before things get a lot better, but then you're not far from an entry-level OLED. Myself I am very happy with this Panasonic, to the extent that i prefer this tv for my regular daylight viewing. It’s a lot of telly for the money and keep in mind no TV is perfect.

First of all it's edge led, so you will have light bleed , some blooming and low peak brightness.
On the other hand the tone mapping on this pana GX800 is excellent and compensate the low brightness with a great picture and lot's of detail. Hdr experience is certainly not bright enough for the super-wow effect but excellent tone mapping to see all details and balanced colours.

Dynamic mode works wonders for this tv for HDR and Dolby Vision.

Different TV's process images differently, some make poor source material look even worse, others improve it. I think overall the GX800 does an excellent job with whatever source I've given it.

Panasonic is no longer giving the same level of tech on the current high end series led tv's. Reason being aam janta prefer price over picture quality.

Thanks.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back