Panasonic 55GX800D ..its awesome !

I am planning to buy this TV. It appears that you did a lot of research before buying it, I would be thankful if you could help me out?

1. Backlight bleed?
2. Comparison with other TVs? How does it compare with your OLED in terms of color?
3. Is it FALD TV? How many zones does it have?
4. Nits?
4. Any other points I should be aware of. It will be used in a well lit living room.
Hello dear.
Will provide all my observations soon and answer all your queries. I have an UHD Bluray player with dolby vision support and a bunch of DV UHD disks. I want to test the television with real and all the available content. Be it Apps such as amazon, netflix, youtube etc.

Will use the set under all type of ambient light situations.

Getting my bias lighting ready also.

Upgrading my internet connection for high speeds.

Procurement of wifi range extender is also under process.

One tv, so many tasks to do. Who said watching tv is a piece of cake. :)

Hello dear.
Will provide all my observations soon and answer all your queries. I have an UHD Bluray player with dolby vision support and a bunch of DV UHD disks. I want to test the television with real and all the available content. Be it Apps such as amazon, netflix, youtube etc.

Will use the set under all type of ambient light situations.

Getting my bias lighting ready also.

Upgrading my internet connection for high speeds.

Procurement of wifi range extender is also under process.

One tv, so many tasks to do. Who said watching tv is a piece of cake. :)
Thanks. Waiting for your detailed response. Can you tell me about the backlight bleed?
How bad is it? If you could spare a couple of minutes.

Thanks.

Thanks. Waiting for your detailed response. Can you tell me about the backlight bleed?
How bad is it? If you could spare a couple of minutes.

Thanks.
There is light bleed with this Panasonic and is definitely a little annoying in a dark room. But in a well or average lit room its the undisputed KING for sure. Its picture quality even beats my Sony X900E in my Humble opinion.

As per my experience, with my other two tv's, the sony 55x900E and Samsung 49MU700, all three have visible light bleeding in dark room conditions.

Regarding the quantity or amount of light bleed. This panasonic is almost at par with the other two. Sony has the minimum amount of light bleed followed by samsung and last comes the panasonic. This is what is expected from a least expensive IPS set.

The real question is.. Is this too much distracting OR frustrating for a owner.? :)

The simple answer is, if you want to use any of the above tv's in a dark room, then its a BIG NO from my side. I will rate Sony X900E best among these three.

My little, very expensive and long TV story:

Four years back, I purchased Samsung for my HT room, wasn't at all satisfied with its dark room performance. Shifted it to my other room and sold the CRT.

And roughly, three years back, Same happened with sony X900E , shifted to another room and sold the 26 inch samsung LCD. :)

Then purchased the Sony OLED A8f, its still in my HT room. Enjoying a lot.

My Honest advise: STAY away from LCD LED Tv's for a dark room.

Buy a Sony VPL-HWS45ES projector for about 1.30 lac and a Grandview/Liberty projector screen for best experience.

If you still want to buy a TV, buy a sony X900H or X9500g or Samsung 95T or a Pana or Sony OLED.

Regards

Last edited:
There is light bleed with this Panasonic and is definitely a little annoying in a dark room. But in a well or average lit room its the undisputed KING for sure. Its picture quality even beats my Sony X900E in my Humble opinion.

If you still want to buy a TV, buy a sony X900H or X9500g or Samsung 95T or a Pana or Sony OLED.

Regards
So, what you are saying is that there is no better TV under 1 lakh in a well lit room in your opinion? I think all your options cost over 1 lakh.

Thanks a lot for your feedback. I really appreciate your response.

So, what you are saying is that there is no better TV under 1 lakh in a well lit room in your opinion? I think all your options cost over 1 lakh.

Thanks a lot for your feedback. I really appreciate your response.
I think you got it all wrong. :) For a well lit room nothing can beat this panasonic.

It surely beats my Sony X900E and Samsung MU700 under bright and well lit ambient conditions. But i haven't tested it much for HDR. Its HDR performance should also be good considering its got the HCX processor and Dynamic Range Effect setting also, found on Panasonic's premium UHD players.

Last edited:
55-X9500G can be had under 1L, I recently bought a Aug/2020 manufactured piece at this price.

Anyone got a chance to check out Panasonic 2020 models HX700 ( The highest model in 2020 release in the panasonic website )
They did not release HX800 series in India this year.

But in a well or average lit room its the undisputed KING for sure. Its picture quality even beats my Sony X900E in my Humble opinion.

As per my experience, with my other two tv's, the sony 55x900E and Samsung 49MU700, all three have visible light bleeding in dark room conditions.

Regarding the quantity or amount of light bleed. This panasonic is almost at par with the other two. Sony has the minimum amount of light bleed followed by samsung and last comes the panasonic. This is what is expected from a least expensive IPS set.
Interesting insights. All still going well with this TV?

I was made aware of Panasonic being the best REFERENCE TVs for Studios so this gives hope on a > Sony statement.

What pricing and warranty (if any extra) coverage did you get ?

Panasonic indeed are good at making TVs. My ST50 plasma gives me indescribable viewing joy even after 8 years.

Panasonic indeed are good at making TVs. My ST50 plasma gives me indescribable viewing joy even after 8 years.
Thats what StopTheFOMO said about their Japan stock.

But what kind of "crop" they are offering "currently" in India is the question.

8 years is a long time in terms of "how brands & their offerings in nations/ regions shift"

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back