401/301 guys in Bangalore

How much are they asking for?

Hi Joshua,

The grade 1 was 40k which i told him was too much, finally he's looking at offering it for 30k. I told him the 30k would be decent considering the US cost would be 25k approx. Forum member hrtk who knows the dealer also spoke to him and gave him the feedback. You considering it?

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You considering it?

Like fellow member finyl vinyl who claims to be in constant penury :lol:, I am also fast approaching penury :) due to so many ongoing projects (just bought a plinth for the 124, just bought lots of tools for the L75 plinth build and still need to buy plywood and MDF, need to buy more parts like cabinet and toroid for the Mauro Penasa MyRef Ver C build, need to finalise an arm for the L75, need to buy idler wheel and locking bracket for the 124, need to buy counterweight and antiskate weight for the SME 3009. Whew).

So for now I need to stick to what I have. But a Denon 103 massaged by Zu (or something even better) is definitely a future buy.

Joshua

Like fellow member finyl vinyl who claims to be in constant penury :lol:

Joshua

I am. I am. You see there is this concept called income. Then there is a reality called tax on it.

But seriously. third party advice. I separated a bunch of records yesterday, which are not in VGC and so should I get another stylus to play these recs with minor scratches or junk them. The music's great though

You should junk them. I will sacrifice my stylus for the records. Let me know when I should pick em up.

Of course if you don't want to take my advice, which I'm sure you won't, clean them properly with the mixture of isopropyl alcohol, distilled water few drops of soap and your stylus should be able to play them. Also remember that all the new records you get should be cleaned also, else the mould release compound from pressing just might clog up the stylus.

By the way the wire's arrived! Everything's here, now for the plinth

Regards

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back