401/301 guys in Bangalore

He has atleast 3 TTs that I know of, the LP12, a 301 and a TD124. Wouldn't be surprised if he had forgotten to mention the rest!

I didn't know that. While Rajiv has 3 high end turntables, I make it up by sheer volume. I have 7 of them. SP10, SL1200, SL1200, TD160, TD135, Dual 721, Dual 1019....unless Rajiv reveals few more.....

Cheers.

Rajiv,

Did you acquire a Garrard to build this PS? You have a LP12 isn't it?

Hi Anil,

As Grubyhalo has mentioned I have the LP12,a 301 and a TD124 at present.

Actually I have had four Garrard 301's including a grease bearing 301 with me at one point of time.

I traded a couple of them including the grease bearing 301 for a quad set of NOS GEC KT66 Gold Lion tubes and a set of NOS Quad II output transformers, and some other audio stuff.

While Rajiv has 3 high end turntables, I make it up by sheer volume.I have 7 of them. SP10, SL1200, SL1200, TD160, TD135, Dual 721, Dual 1019....unless Rajiv reveals few more.....

All very good classic TT's :clapping:

Anil, SP10,SL1200, TD 160,TD135,Dual 721 not high end?

Regards
Rajiv

Rajiv,

My turntables barring the SP10 are nowhere in the same legendary class as your turntables. My favourite is TD-124. It has benefits of a belt drive and a idler. I have it's younger sibling TD135.

Cheers.

Hi,

You could DIY this design . Unable to post a bigger picture.

PM me if you are interested I can mail you the file.

Regards
Rajiv

Thanks, Rajiv. Nice one.

Someone put up the Hi-Res version on photobucket.

401ps.jpg

I didn't know that. While Rajiv has 3 high end turntables, I make it up by sheer volume. I have 7 of them. SP10, SL1200, SL1200, TD160, TD135, Dual 721, Dual 1019....unless Rajiv reveals few more.....

Cheers.

Eeeks, that makes me BPL.........:eek:

Hi Hrtk,

You can either get it from abroad, lots of sellers selling it. There's a guy on ebay who sells skeletal birch ply plinths on four feet very cheap. Or make one for yourself here. Currently my Garrard 301 is in a wooden plinth on an acrylic board. Finyl here on the forum is planning a plinth also and he is looking for a birch ply guy then both of us will make a board. The plinth box whichever material we fancy. I was thinking of getting the motor board made first, putting blocks of wood inside at the four corners and squash balls like the Loricraft plinth. Later on I'll look at getting a proper hollow box made. Currently restoring my SME 3012 arm, will get a Denon 103 listen to the stock one for a while and then send it to Zu for their body and denude.

Regards

Lot of debate about using birch plinth. Then again everyone has their own views. I know the importer for Zu, can ask for the price of the cart.

Best.

Thanks but have spoken to them. Quite a marked up price list I got. Gave him feedback on why I wouldn't pay the prices they're quoting. He claimed shipping would come to 30% which is way over normal rates. Would be more like 30$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patience guys. Birch or granite. I shall be working on both after Diwali. But I'm also looking out for a good 301 along side.

As an aside. a lady friend of mine has promised me about 350 LPs, a Sony LP player of indeterminate model, an Akai XD spool player and about 50 reels after the 15th. Late for Diwali, early for X'mas.

I'd like to also ask if there's a tube amp going around. Especially if it's in a bad condition. I'd like that to be my DIY project.

I'd like to also ask if there's a tube amp going around. Especially if it's in a bad condition. I'd like that to be my DIY project.

What tube type or make of tube amps are you looking at?(el84,el34,KT66,6l6...etc).

Are you looking for an integrated or Pre/Power?

I might be able to help.

Regards
Rajiv

Patience guys. Birch or granite. I shall be working on both after Diwali. But I'm also looking out for a good 301 along side.

Are you DIY-ing yourself? Is birch ply available in the country? As to granite, the challenge would be in getting a good guy to cut it. A Mumbai seller was quoting 45K for a 401 couple of days back.

As an aside. a lady friend of mine has promised me about 350 LPs, a Sony LP player of indeterminate model, an Akai XD spool player and about 50 reels after the 15th. Late for Diwali, early for X'mas.

I want such friends, too:)

All,

The plinth is a DIY in collaboration with a gentleman who has a 301. Not not Stevie.

As far as the tube amps go, I don't know the t of tube. I've only heard a leak and a quad once and I was sold. Rajiv, can you give me a 101 on these amps, please? I'm looking at pre and power together. Integrated.

I'm looking at pre and power together. Integrated.

The GM 70 from Lyrita would be a very good, if not the best, bet. Has 20 odd Watts, so should suffice for a 90-92 dB sensitivity speaker. And all owners on this forum seem to be completely in love with it, even more than the similar 845 from Lyrita. Of course this assumes that you are willing to shell out ~56K ish INR:lol:

The GM 70 from Lyrita would be a very good, if not the best, bet. Has 20 odd Watts, so should suffice for a 90-92 dB sensitivity speaker. And all owners on this forum seem to be completely in love with it, even more than the similar 845 from Lyrita. Of course this assumes that you are willing to shell out ~56K ish INR:lol:

I live in perpetual penury. That's why looking for a DIY

Back