A dedicated HT 15'x30' size...Plz help.

HT999

Hi,
I am starting on setting up a 15'X30' HT. To begin with I am planning on using one of my old Epson projector 780P for trial and error. I also have Panasonic SA-HT-740 home theater system with 5.1 dolby to begin with. My idea is to do the initial setup and slowly replace gadgets one by one. Planning on 120" size white matt finish on wall as screen.
At the rear end, planning on a wet bar. This leaves 7-8 ft space between rear wall and listener (Probably dont need any treatment for the rear wall, Plz suggest).

Planning Anutone ceiling for 40% of space along with false ceiling (2ft width) with halogen lamps on the sides.

Today, I had an opportunity to visit pdhanwada's HT setup. It was nice and I am sure Pandu has put in lot of hard work into it. I am thinking of partial treatment with self made panels on the side walls.

I appreciate all your help and valuable suggestions. I have prepared a basic plan diagram but not sure on how to upload it here. Plz help.

Thanks
Venu

Ht999,

Thanks for the compliment. Making panels using Rockwool is pretty cheap compared to commercial ones. Also you can make 4 in thick panels and Bass traps are not sold by any of the commericial guys in india.

Only care needs to be taken that all the work needs to be done outdoor and Hang them to the wall.

That way you are dust free inside the room.

Thanks
pandu

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back