About Onkyo TX - NR 676E

wayneManUtd

Hii, I am very much new to the HT world.
I have Elac debut B6 and C5. Please help me to purchase AVR. How's Onkyo TX - Nr676E? Any body have any idea?.Other options (Denon x2400h or Yamaha RXV -583 or Sony Str-Dn1080). All except the Onkyo have got good/decent reviews.I couldn't find much about the Onkyo . Any help would be appreciated whole heartedly. Thanks in advance

Hii, I am very much new to the HT world.
I have Elac debut B6 and C5. Please help me to purchase AVR. How's Onkyo TX - Nr676E? Any body have any idea?.Other options (Denon x2400h or Yamaha RXV -583 or Sony Str-Dn1080). All except the Onkyo have got good/decent reviews.I couldn't find much about the Onkyo . Any help would be appreciated whole heartedly. Thanks in advance

There is an Onkyo owners thread in the forum.. Bump it, Onkyo owners of this AVR should chip in with inputs..

You can also consider the Denon x 1400, Marantz 5012, Pionner VSX 932 all support upto 5.2.2 layout..

If you have a straight choice between Yamaha rxv 483 / rxv 581/ onkyo tx nr 676e , what will be your choice?
Personally I would pick Yamaha, natural sounding amp's. Onkyo is a bit forward, so see if you can audition both with your speakers.

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

If you are open to other brands....try Pioneer, Marantz and Denon....there are also exclusive Owner threads for the same....don't rush to any decision....

If you have a straight choice between Yamaha rxv 483 / rxv 581/ onkyo tx nr 676e , what will be your choice?

I have Yamaha RX-V581 with ELAC B6 + B5 + C5 (5.0) setup. It sounds really good. Nevertheless 581 is replaced by 583 with some gimmicks (nothing major in functionality)

If you get a chance to visit Coimbatore, you can audition the exact setup what you are looking for in my home.:)

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the replies.

@efernand1 ... Yeah...I also feel the same after reading through the forum...have some models in mind like denon avr x2300w, x2400h, X 1400h.. I am reading about marantz...any suggestion on marantz model apart from 5012.?

@ Sriram _shol.. thanks for the invitation ..will definitely contact if I have a chance....581 and 483 are my shortlisted Yamaha models according to budget. About b5 as surrounds , is it worth taking those as surrounds?any suggestion on low cost alternative... No issue to spend on b5 s though..

@efernand1 ... Yeah...I also feel the same after reading through the forum...have some models in mind like denon avr x2300w, x2400h, X 1400h.. I am reading about marantz...any suggestion on marantz model apart from 5012.?

@ Sriram _shol.. thanks for the invitation ..will definitely contact if I have a chance....581 and 483 are my shortlisted Yamaha models according to budget. About b5 as surrounds , is it worth taking those as surrounds?any suggestion on low cost alternative... No issue to spend on b5 s though..

I too agree with you that B5 is ideally more for surrounds. But I bought as a package from ELAC family to timber match with the LCR.

You could consider Sonodyne Sonus 3450, QAcoustics 3010, Boston Acoustics A25, Polk OWM3, Polk T15, etc which would fit within your budget.,

Again strongly recommend you to audition before setting down on one.

Last edited:
Ok..thanks a bunch.. my first choice is always b5 for the same reasons.. considering cheaper pioneer sp -bs 22 lr also.. I will decide only after auditioning...thank you

Hi,

the 5012 is part of the SR series...I use the SR6008 which is mid segment of the SR series...its an older model without Wifi or Bluetooth....it does the job what an AVR is supposed to..thats what I want....its good for stereo too thanks to the 9 band EQ for each speaker which is adjustable and also the superior components used....

The NR series is also quite good...I briefly owned the NR1605, NR1606..has same features and EQ....can drive large speakers easily without a sweat...it was way better than the Denon x1200 or 1300...

Most speakers blend well with Marantz...

@ eferand : thanks man... I didn't put marantz in my wish list ...now now want to consider ..thanks to many forum members esp you.
Now please help to choose one.Should I aim to buy a full size marantz i(SR series) or slim line series? Is NR szeries( as you recommended ) is fine? I think my speakers are rated at 120 w . I read about damaging speakers if we use avr that is under powered. Do you have any idea about service in India ?

Is it worth investing more on marantz? . Usage music > other things.

Hi

MZ Audio is the dist and dealer for Marantz...many others also sell....how big is the listening area?

HT Store, Sayhifi and many other online stores sell Marantz....

If your listening area is between 100 to 350 sq ft....the NR series is more than enough.....

The auto calibration will take care of speaker tonal adjustments, levels etc....speakers need to be 6 ohms and above....

Thanks man.. budget is not very high .I'm trying for audition... Will try both. Any way not looking for atmos or DTS X . So may settle in 1506 .

Great....

Check prices and models everywhere......usually most would provide warranty since GST and billing has kicked in.....some dealers may have old stock and may give it at special rates......be mindful, check and then make the purchase....dont rush....

If you still need to make a more informed decision among brands...

There are specific owner threads of Pioneer, Yamaha, Marantz, Onkyo etc....on HFV.....you can post your query about a certain model performance etc...

All the best

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back