AC power cable replacement

ravin

Hi guys. I am planning to upgrade my ac power cables from stock to aftermarket for the following:

1. Integrated Amplifier Marantz PM7001 (stock cable is 2 x 0.75)
2. Subwoofer Wharfedale PC+12 (stock cable is 2 x 0.75)
3. LCD TV LG35LH70YR (stock cable is 3 x 0.75)

I intent to use Marinco 8215 (hospital grade) or 5266BL (spec grade) male plug with Schurter 4718.0100 IEC female plug, to go with economical cables 14 AWG VCT 3 x 2.5 sqm. to replace stock cables.

Can anyone suggest or recommend brand and model. Is Belden 19364 any good?

Hi guys. I am planning to upgrade my ac power cables from stock to aftermarket for the following:

1. Integrated Amplifier Marantz PM7001 (stock cable is 2 x 0.75)
2. Subwoofer Wharfedale PC+12 (stock cable is 2 x 0.75)
3. LCD TV LG35LH70YR (stock cable is 3 x 0.75)

I intent to use Marinco 8215 (hospital grade) or 5266BL (spec grade) male plug with Schurter 4718.0100 IEC female plug, to go with economical cables 14 AWG VCT 3 x 2.5 sqm. to replace stock cables.

Can anyone suggest or recommend brand and model. Is Belden 19364 any good?

What is 2x0.75?

Sent from my iPod touch

Try a 4sq.mm for each. Make one, check it out on the source

Will look for 4sq.mm cables - any recommendation which brand? Thanks.

4sqmm is hard to get loose. You may have to buy a full roll. So you may not have too many choices. Finolex is the one I would go for. Somebody on the forum lives next to a factory of Havell's and that one is good to. Look for a factory outlet of Havell in Delhi. Edit: oops you are not in Delhi?

Cheers

I got Monster Powerline 200 (Great Eagle) with attached male plug 2.5m plus additional Oyaide C-079 female IEC plug, all for approx. INR 1000, although I had to assemble the female IEC myself (do-it-yaar :lol:)

After connecting it to my int. amp, and switching it between stock cable and Monster back and forth 3-4 times while playing the same track, there was some improvement in the sound with the Monster. The bass seemed more controlled and had some impact. The midtone was warmer. Will try it for a few more days before I get hold of Monster Powerline 400 Signature Series.

I got Monster Powerline 200 (Great Eagle) with attached male plug 2.5m plus additional Oyaide C-079 female IEC plug, all for approx. INR 1000, although I had to assemble the female IEC myself (do-it-yaar :lol:)

After connecting it to my int. amp, and switching it between stock cable and Monster back and forth 3-4 times while playing the same track, there was some improvement in the sound with the Monster. The bass seemed more controlled and had some impact. The midtone was warmer. Will try it for a few more days before I get hold of Monster Powerline 400 Signature Series.

How is the frequency balance? Improved or not?

Regards

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back