Airtel HD Recorder vs Tata Sky+ HD

fourk

I am not able to decided which one should I go for ?

Airtel HD Recorder Price Rs.4440 (Includes 60 days subscription)
Tata Sky+ HD Price Rs.7650 (Includes 60 days subscription)

both available on online offer. Difference Rs. 3210

Both have 500 GB internal hard drive. Airtel can record at a time one channel and tata sky can record two channel.

also share your view for Airtel HD +, which can be using as recorder with external pen drive or hard disk. can i use my 500 GB hard drive with this? without any issue?

As I have very bad experience with Videocon DTH and Sony external hard drive. Videocon STB unable to record data into external hard drive.

As Videocon engineer failed to resolve issue, I also replace Sony hard drive as per suggested by videocon engineer, but still problem was not resolve.

I have airtel HD + (the one without internal hard disk, costs around Rs 1600). Initially i connected it to a 500 GB hard disk and it worked fine. But after few months the hard disk got spoiled. Not sure if this due to the STB. These days i have connected it to a 16 GB flash drive and it works fine.

I guess the facility to record two channels will be really useful.

I would go for tata sky without DVR. as airtel asking stb and other accessories back if you stop doing recharge.

I'd say depends on your viewing and recording habits. If you do a lot of impromptu recording while surfing channels the Tata would be better as you can record 2 streams or watch one and record the other.

If you have a number of daily serials you watch and want to record and watch later the extendable storage of the airtel might be better. If you want to store and keep more HD movies again airtel would be better I guess.

I use Tata and have had no problems.

Thanks for all your inputs.. I ordered TATA sky HD without recording at price Rs. 2050 with 2 months subscription free as of now.. If price will fall for tata sky HD plus then I will upgrade this connection.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back