Any Experience on Panasonic LCD Warranty?

anandbj76

Hi,

I am planning to buy LCD soon. I am going to choose between Sony, Panny and LG.

At the price I feel Panny LX800 model is best value for money. COlors are very close to Sony, and is 100Hz.

Does anyone have any experience with Panasonic warranty?
I tried calling their customer service number, but no one picks it up.

I am concerned with the warranty and after sales service / support.

Please guide

Hi,

I am planning to buy LCD soon. I am going to choose between Sony, Panny and LG.

At the price I feel Panny LX800 model is best value for money. COlors are very close to Sony, and is 100Hz.

Does anyone have any experience with Panasonic warranty?
I tried calling their customer service number, but no one picks it up.

I am concerned with the warranty and after sales service / support.

Please guide
Very gud question Anand many ppl have gone for Panasonic in this forum but my experience with Panasonic service & after sales support has been nothing short of terrible(not with Tv's)
So I wud be a lil cautious before I get anythg from that brand and have also read some issues of the some Tv's having problems after the warranty period in some other international forums. so google reagrding tht model do your research properly before taking the plunge.

Service & support wise Samsung is generally considered best. PQ wise Sony & Pana are gud.

This is just my opinion based on my experience in the past.

Thanks for your reply! :)

Does samsung have a 32" 100 Hz LCD model? I could not find from their website.

How is LG after sales service? I heard it is pretty good too....

Thanks for your reply! :)

Does samsung have a 32" 100 Hz LCD model? I could not find from their website.

How is LG after sales service? I heard it is pretty good too....

well samsung do have 100hz tvs which include the series 6 lcd and LED lcd tvs.

Well I have experienced Panasonic warranty in Calcutta. Overall satisfied.

A circuit board on my PV8 went kaput during Cyclone Aila. This happened late evening. I logged a complaint at their website against my registered product. I called the service center the next day - it was Saturday and Holi, IIRC. They came within 2 hrs. The service engineer was not sure what happened - could have been a power surge (although mains were switched off) or some stray rain water spray from the window (my tv sits on a cabinet and is not wall mounted).

Whatever be the reason, I was promised immediate replacement of the card under warranty - no questions asked.

It was another matter I had to wait for 25 days for the card, since stock in India had run out (in which case they order from S'pore). However, I must say that though I was miffed at the delay, each and every personnel I spoke to, showed immense intent to get the job done and was exceptionally cordial all through. I could see their problem. Lack of inventory is something outside their control.

Let's just say, I'll still feel very comfortable going ahead with another Panasonic TV purchase in Calcutta. I have been actually evaluating between a Panny and Sammy 32 for my bedroom.

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back