Any single malt afficionados here?

Hyderabad FM's please advice what is available locally. Due to Covid, travel has been very restricted, so depending on local availability. Any good options in the 4k range? I usually go to Tonique in JH, but not really seeing any great selections there other than the usual.
Cheers,
Sid

Bangalore's Single Malt Amateur Club is creating a community of people passionate about whisky:

I chanced upon it and became a member a couple of days back. Just landed in Mumbai. Hope to start a Mumbai chapter.

Hyderabad FM's please advice what is available locally. Due to Covid, travel has been very restricted, so depending on local availability. Any good options in the 4k range? I usually go to Tonique in JH, but not really seeing any great selections there other than the usual.
Cheers,
Sid
Since covid emptied my stock and no hope of refill anytime soon, I have made Amrut Fusion my staple. Amrut Amalgam when Fusion is not available. In Bangalore they cost a shade under 4K for 750 ml.

Cheers,
Raghu

Since covid emptied my stock and no hope of refill anytime soon, I have made Amrut Fusion my staple. Amrut Amalgam when Fusion is not available. In Bangalore they cost a shade under 4K for 750 ml.

Cheers,
Raghu
Thanks Raghu,
However AFAIK Amrut is not available in Hyd.
Cheers,
Sid

Thanks Raghu,
Cheers,
Sid
Oh. Fusion used to be in short supply before Covid even here. Now it is available widely in MRP stores.
Maybe the local boyz like me are stocking and guzzling down the supplies that could have reached neighboring states :D

Cheers,
Raghu

I have made Amrut Fusion my staple. Amrut Amalgam when Fusion is not available. In Bangalore they cost a shade under 4K for 750 ml.
Fusion made it's way to Canteens & Clubs in Mumbai. But it's a pale shadow of it's former self. Looks like they've stopped ageing them anymore.

Thanks Raghu,
Cheers,
Sid
Tonique @Jubilee Hills currently having Fusion and Amalgam in stock.

Spencers @Musheerabad has both and also Maqintosh, regular whisky though.

Fusion and Amalgam are priced same

Last edited:
Tonique @Jubilee Hills currently having Fusion and Amalgam in stock.

Spencers @Musheerabad has both and also Maqintosh, regular whisky though.

Fusion and Amalgam are priced same

Thanks Hydrovac, I will check out Tonique. I was there sunday and didn't see Amrut. I will ask them this time.
Cheers,
Sid

Cheers,
Raghu
if you like Fusion, do try Paul John Bold-peated single malt, it's very good

Not really a fan of peated whiskey. But will give it a try.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Cheers,
Raghu

I tried the Amrut Peated version as my first attempt at Peated , did not like it initially but then kind of started enjoying it after a few sips.

+1 for Paul John Bold.
While the tin says ‘peated’, it’s not as apparent as with the usual suspects from Islay. I prefer it to Amrut.
Tonique also stocks Jameson Stout Edition. It’s an Irish Whisky, rather than a single malt, but is rather smooth nonetheless.

If you dont like Peated, try the Paul John Brilliance.

I found a great source for alcohol called Discovery Wines in Gurgaon. Its an L1 store that sells at ridiculous prices (compared to Blr) and with festival season, a lot of people travelling to Delhi, my stock is filled with Tallisker, Glen Livet and I am happy :)

For the first time was surprised to see that premium single malts (Ardberg, Glenfiddich etc…) are cheaper in Bangalore than Goa. Seems Karnataka has reduced exercise duty on premium alcohol

For the first time was surprised to see that premium single malts (Ardberg, Glenfiddich etc…) are cheaper in Bangalore than Goa. Seems Karnataka has reduced exercise duty on premium alcohol
which Ardbeg? and how much was it?

Edit: surprised that a liqour was cheaper in namma Bangalore compared to Goa

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back