Appreciation post for Tariq Shafeeque and EBI Audio

Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 & 12.2 Speakers

gangof4

This post is basically a shout-out to Tariq Shafeeque, the company he founded, EBI Audio and the incredible work he does. I have known Tariq for almost four years now. A couple of years ago, I got my Ortofon AS212 and Micro Seiki MA202 L tonearms rewired by Tariq. Recently, he completely redid my SME 3009. However, the best part is, in Tariq, we now have a craftsman in India who can work wonders with your moving coil cartridges.

In the last 18 months, I got two of my Denon DL 103s and a Denon DL-305 turned into completely different beasts altogether. They compete with cartridges worth more than $1000 (I can say this because I also own a Lyra Clavis Da Capo cart). One was turned into a nude mono cartridge anchored to a brass top plate, one got a wood body with boron cantilever and one is now nude with a sapphire cantilever.

In the image from left to right: Wood body with boron cantilever, nude cart with sapphire cantilever and the nude mono cart with aluminum cantilever.
FJIMG_20211016_092936 (1).jpg

Naturelover

Staff member
See this thread too.

gangof4

See this thread too.
Thanks for this. Yes, I had seen Mr Bakshi's post.

See this thread too.
The middle one in my photo too has a titanium top place, just like that of Mr Bakshi's cartridge. Mine is a reworked Denon DL -305

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.