Auditioned PSB Imagine X1T

Beginner_N

Hi All,

Last week auditioned PSB Imagine X1T(MRP 74K) at Lakozy, Pune.

AVR-NAD.

Dimensions: 8 1/4" x 34 1/2" x 15 5/8" (WxHxD)

Don't fool yourself with dimension. One thing to notice is its depth I dont thing any small floor-stander will have so much depth and that helped to get good punch.

It kind of gave spatial and dynamically accurate sound. I am not an audiophile but with my ear i could feel that.

I am planning make one more visit with my AVR and songs.

After that I auditioned Dali and Mission floor-stander of same size but PSB was beating them anytime.

I am planning to audition KEF small floorstander and also Sonodyne.

Let me know if anyone has any more inputs.

Regards,
Nishant

Hi, glad you enjoyed. Can you please ask Lakozy if they have PSB X2T and their price please. Thanks in advance.

I have the earlier version of the same speaker. Very good speaker - you will not be disappointed.
The Sonodyne is not in the same class.

The PSBs need power to really sing. More power the better.

Hi All,

AVR-NAD.

After that I auditioned Dali and Mission floor-stander of same size but PSB was beating them anytime.

Regards,
Nishant

What will be the speakers primarily used for, movies or music? If music then you are better of auditioning these with an integrated amplifier rather than an AVR.

Also as suggested by FM Nikhil Sonodynes will not be in the same bracket, but there is no harm in listening.

Hi All,

Last week auditioned PSB Imagine X1T(MRP 74K) at Lakozy, Pune.

AVR-NAD.

Dimensions: 8 1/4" x 34 1/2" x 15 5/8" (WxHxD)

Don't fool yourself with dimension. One thing to notice is its depth I dont thing any small floor-stander will have so much depth and that helped to get good punch.

It kind of gave spatial and dynamically accurate sound. I am not an audiophile but with my ear i could feel that.

Regards,
Nishant
Hi, NAD and Polk audio RTi A7 also sound very well. Check it out. RTi A7 is around 58k in Chennai.

Hi All,

Thanks for all your inputs.

Primary purpose is Music. I dont have integrated amp only AVR is Yamaha rx v1900.

Polk is also on card to audition. And as I said I am not an audiophile that's why want to check on Sonodyne If I can get good sound at the price mentioned on Hifimart why not opt for that. I can tune my ear and then can save some bugs for higher one.

Benchmark is set by PSB :)

I guess its going to be difficult to match that. Looking at the size of speaker :D

Regards,
Nishant

Beginner

There is a PSB T5 with FM Nikhil in Hyderabad.

U can try your luck if you wish

The partnering electronics are a large factor maybe the NAD avr you auditioned was a good one.

Rgds

At that range do look to hear Dali Zensor 5 and 7, Usher V 604 and a comparable KEF model as well.
The PSB are very good, everyone say so. If you are looking at it as a 'benchmark' then the Sonodynes (2605, 2504) are likely to fall short. The 2605 is good in its own right but they are on the brighter side.

I have heard that PSB signature is bright, Yamaha I find bright too, however your AVR is a pretty high-end model so it is likely to offer better performance. Still I would say audition with Yamaha AVRs if possible, Dali goes very well with Yamaha.

At that range do look to hear Dali Zensor 5 and 7, Usher V 604 and a comparable KEF model as well.
The PSB are very good, everyone say so. If you are looking at it as a 'benchmark' then the Sonodynes (2605, 2504) are likely to fall short. The 2605 is good in its own right but they are on the brighter side.

I have heard that PSB signature is bright, Yamaha I find bright too, however your AVR is a pretty high-end model so it is likely to offer better performance. Still I would say audition with Yamaha AVRs if possible, Dali goes very well with Yamaha.

Thanks for the i/p. I will definitely audition more brands and then zero on my purchase.

I am planning Mumbai visit soon and will visit Warehouse, i guess they have many brands under one roof.

Beginner

There is a PSB T5 with FM Nikhil in Hyderabad.

U can try your luck if you wish

The partnering electronics are a large factor maybe the NAD avr you auditioned was a good one.

Rgds

Thanks mpw,

Nikhil already replied to my Thread :)

Regards

Hi All,

Thanks for all your inputs.

Primary purpose is Music. I dont have integrated amp only AVR is Yamaha rx v1900.

Polk is also on card to audition. And as I said I am not an audiophile that's why want to check on Sonodyne If I can get good sound at the price mentioned on Hifimart why not opt for that. I can tune my ear and then can save some bugs for higher one.

Benchmark is set by PSB :)

I guess its going to be difficult to match that. Looking at the size of speaker :D

Regards,
Nishant

It would be difficult for any entry level speaker to match potentials of PSB. They are really very good speakers. I had heard B6 and T5 model before an year or so that was amazing experience.

I hope to purchase pairs of BS/FS from PSB very soon. Still I haven't got chance of hearing for X1T.

BR//
B Patel

Would love to hear your thoughts on Dali Zensor 5/7 vs. X1T
I missed trying out the PSB when I bought my speakers

Back