Auditioned PSB Imagine X1T

The Dali Zensor 5 and the PSB X1T are very close in spec.
Both are 2.5 way speakers with 1" tweeter and 5.25" mid range drivers.
Front ported bass reflex enclosures.

The Dali is a slightly easier load and will sound louder when you audition.
You may have to turn up the volume knob a few more clicks with the PSB.

Although PSB and NAD are from the same stable I did not like their pairing.
A 50 - 75 watter will do just fine but feed them more power to get the best out of them.
With a low power amp the mids and highs will be fine but bass will get muddy.

Tip: If you are using a media software like JRiver - use the Room Correction feature under DSP Tools to eliminate low freq below 60 - 80Hz. Play around with the freq levels to suit your room. This will clean up the sound quite nicely and will still offer plenty of bass for most music material.

Last edited:
The Dali Zensor 5 and the PSB X1T are very close in spec.
Both are 2.5 way speakers with 1" tweeter and 5.25" mid range drivers.
Front ported bass reflex enclosures.

The Dali is a slightly easier load and will sound louder when you audition.
You may have to turn up the volume knob a few more clicks with the PSB.

Although PSB and NAD are from the same stable I did not like their pairing.
A 50 - 75 watter will do just fine but feed them more power to get the best out of them.
With a low power amp the mids and highs will be fine but bass will get muddy.

Tip: If you are using a media software like JRiver - use the Room Correction feature under DSP Tools to eliminate low freq below 60 - 80Hz. Play around with the freq levels to suit your room. This will clean up the sound quite nicely and will still offer plenty of bass for most music material.

Hi Nikhil,

I guess you are already having PSB T6 in your setup. How do you compare sound clarity of Dali5 v/s X1T. X1T is far much more costlier than Dali 5. Is this price different any worth?

BR//
B Patel

Bhavin, I have the T5 which is similar to the X1T.
The T6 is similar to the X2T - I believe.

Being an easier load the Dali is easier on the amp. It will run well with a lower power (rated) amp as compared to the PSB. You will hear this as the speaker sounding a little louder - you may perceive this as sounding better. That may be the only difference you can gain from an audition. The PSB might have better composure when run hard. This is all depending on your setup.

On price - I think the Dali pricing in India is very fair. Their D&D offers a very good prices. For PSB you might get the best price if you were to deal with Lakhozy directly. But the price advantage is in Dali's favour.

Being an easier load the Dali is easier on the amp. It will run well with a lower power (rated) amp as compared to the PSB. You will hear this as the speaker sounding a little louder - you may perceive this as sounding better. That may be the only difference you can gain from an audition. The PSB might have better composure when run hard. This is all depending on your setup.

On price - I think the Dali pricing in India is very fair. Their D&D offers a very good prices. For PSB you might get the best price if you were to deal with Lakhozy directly. But the price advantage is in Dali's favour.

Any Idea how much Dali 5 costs in Mumbai or Pune and best place to audition them?

Any Idea how much Dali 5 costs in Mumbai or Pune and best place to audition them?

Hi,

You can get DALI dealer details from below mentioned link:

DALI Dealers in India

Dali Zensor 3: 33000/-
Dali Zensor 5: 54000/-
Dali Zensor 7: 70000/-

These are showroom prices. You can surely get minimum 10% discount on these rates. You can also negotiate further while finalising the deal.

BR//
B Patel

Hi Nikhil,

Had received my T6 (power house) and they were amazing at demo room. Now they are discontinued but though they are enough for common enthusiast like me.

I will post my review on music and HT experience once I receive my amplifier.

BR//
B Patel

Attachments

• IMG_20150830_141209.jpg
    IMG_20150830_141209.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 74
Congratulations Bhavin!

The T6 is a great speaker. The tweeter in the PSB speakers is a gem - runs high and loud without a hint of strain. Vocals and mid range is very good due to the ceramic drivers. You will enjoy listening to all genres with this speaker. Bollywood sounds very nice with these speakers as well.

Enjoy your music!

Hi Nikhil,

Had received my T6 (power house) and they were amazing at demo room. Now they are discontinued but though they are enough for common enthusiast like me.

I will post my review on music and HT experience once I receive my amplifier.

BR//
B Patel

Where did you procure these? How much it cost?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back