AV deals from amazon/flipkart.

BLASTO

It is so confusing with numerous deals in flipkart and amazon this festive season.

Let us capture some great deals in this thread for the benefit of all.

Fire tv stick @4k.

Philip's 70" VA DLED at 67k.

LG B9 138cm (55 inch) Ultra HD (4K) OLED Smart TV @1.05L

Philips 50" 6604 @33k. VA DLED with good micro dimming, motion and upscaling.

Comparison of similar model against samsung RU7100 (same performance as TU8000)

Sony 55" X7002 @59k. This is x75 without android. VA DLED.

anyone have any reviews of this. as per internet, it is a good for its price.

anyone have any reviews of this. as per internet, it is a good for its price.

It was released only in this July.
Below is the review of its predecessor with additional ambilight. Discard the ambilight part.
Picture processing, upscaling, detail retrieval, colours are all very good. Hopefully carried over to this year model. People tend to disregard the picture processing and see only the hardware specs. It's sad to see such a set hanging out with the likes of MI tv.

Also, 68** series is not DLED but edge lit and comes with all the issues if edge lit tvs. But fortunately, none of the edge lits are released in india. Avoid if released in future.

I have one question: is micro dimming in philips and local-dimming in toshiba u79 is same tech with different name? or they are completely diff?

And, is this philips tv also a full-array? I could find this info as much as I searched

I have one question: is micro dimming in philips and local-dimming in toshiba u79 is same tech with different name? or they are completely diff?

And, is this philips tv also a full-array? I could find this info as much as I searched
Micro dimming is a marketing gimmick for a software trick. Local dimming is actual hardware zones on a TV which give it deep blacks.

No, the philips is not full array. It should be a good TV though, especially if you want 70" size. Just don't expect PQ like the U79.

They are completely different as pointed out. Before sounding like a philips sales man, it is done by TCL and samsung and potentially others. it is the way to get reasonable blacks in the edge lit configurations normally.

In simple words, local dimming is dynamic brightness (backlight) control. Individual backlight zones can be turned on and off according to picture contents and micro dimming is dynamic contrast control, controlled by processing software which enhances difference between darkest and brightest parts of the screen dynamically per scene/frame basis.

Local dimming is altering the intensity of backlight and micro dimming is altering the image itself zonally in every frame to make the darker parts look dark with same fixed backlight intensity.

It is like you can somehow alter the contrast of the screen based on screen contents rather than a global configured value. Normally TCL has 1024 such zones and philip's has 6400 such zones. Others dont mention explicitly. As you can see it is a processing intensive task to take a configured contrast value and map it to the screen contents dynamically rather than statically for all contents. Another complementary tech is to place a black filter in the screen which makes the screen darker and aids reflection handling.

If done well it can give a good illusion of blacks but the downsides are missing fine details in the dark areas. If done badly, it results in sometimes finding blocks of squares in the dark areas obscuring details and generally bad looking dim and unnatural image since you are fiddling with the image contents frequently. It is a fine line to get better results.

I know this thread is not the place for this post but I don't know which thread is. Please take it as positive knowledge sharing and not showoff. It has become a fine line to walk this forum even.

I saw a lot of HIsense TV's on sale esp. the 50inch one on Amazon, are they good?

Fitbit Versa 2 at 12k is a good deal.

Amazon has Denon AVR-X250BT for ~25k. Is this a good buy? Most stores recommended here like ooberpad, profx have it listed at 35k. What gives? Anything shady going on?

Small capacity HDDs from WD/Seagate/Toshiba are available at decent prices too.
Useful if someone wants a dedicated audio or video HDD.

Cheers,
Raghu

If

I'm thinking of going for these. Sounds like an amazing deal.
If you can increase your budget Yamaha will be a much better option.

If

If you can increase your budget Yamaha will be a much better option.

That's like 60% more expensive. And the Yamaha isn't that much better. It supports more codecs yes, but I'm fine with DTS and DD 5.1. From the reviews I've seen, the Z906 is better with lows and mids, with the Yamaha being better with highs.

Anyway, my budget is <20k. Is there something else in this budget that's better?

That's like 60% more expensive. And the Yamaha isn't that much better. It supports more codecs yes, but I'm fine with DTS and DD 5.1. From the reviews I've seen, the Z906 is better with lows and mids, with the Yamaha being better with highs.

Anyway, my budget is <20k. Is there something else in this budget that's better?

This one is highest end and with 80% off so in your price range. Other than that I dont know anything about.

I have a sony 5.1 set i got last year for 26k and it is awesome.

Samsung A50s @12.5 after offers.

Samsung Galaxy A50s (Prism Crush Black, 128 GB)

This one is highest end and with 80% off so in your price range. Other than that I dont know anything about.

I have a sony 5.1 set i got last year for 26k and it is awesome.
Thanks for this man, but I think I'll still go with the Logitech z906 over this. With my card, I get 16.7% reward on any Amazon purchase, so I'll get it for around ₹15750. Also it's rated really, really well by reviewers and users alike.

For the sharp, it doesn't support 4k HDR passthrough. So I won't be able to play Atmos files anyway since I'll have to use ARC. Better to get the 1000W 5.1 channel Logitech.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back