Better OLEDs this year.LG G1 vs Sony A90J comparison

Just back from Croma, LG CX after huge bargaining comes to 2.07 lakhs including 2 years extended warranty of 4th & 5th years (which they sell it from Croma for 17500 seperately apart from 1.9 for the LG CX 65). That's it, I won enough already as I am getting CX for the cost of BX plus 5 years secured. I have paid a token advance to close the deal as I felt it is good enough. How does Sony HTRT3 perform with LG CX?

Just back from Croma, LG CX after huge bargaining comes to 2.07 lakhs including 2 years extended warranty of 4th & 5th years (which they sell it from Croma for 17500 seperately apart from 1.9 for the LG CX 65). That's it, I won enough already as I am getting CX for the cost of BX plus 5 years secured. I have paid a token advance to close the deal as I felt it is good enough. How does Sony HTRT3 perform with LG CX?
Are you sure not to wait for the 2021 models to launch? Your call but I guess the C1 could be around the corner.

Samsung Q800T over Sony any day. Most Sony soundbars sound tiny especially the voices. You will spend a bit more for Q800T but get a much more enjoyable sound. Just my observation and recommendation.

I am getting it for 1.9 lakhs which I consider not bad at all considering it is CX right now. (Was quoted the same for bx earlier)I have 3 years warranty already. I can save Rs.17500 by not opting for 4&5 th year warranty. At diwali it was a 2.0 lakhs quote for a group buy by Paul Joseph and co with me in the group at best by the same store. They don't like bargaining further than this point. So pls do say if I should opt for the Rs.17500 or not? And besides I have waited since 2015 for an OLED. It will never happen if choices are not made. My 77" OLED dream got cancelled when it made sense dropping it, discussing in this message board.

Blasto, I have opted for an OLED as it is good for the eyes. This 9300D is an LED, and it has already taken a toll on my wife's eyes that she refuses to even glace on it. Oled is easy on the eyes than LCD/LED and my movie watching experience will enhance. I have always wanted an OLED. This TV has a 48k offer as well. What I gained from this forum is 1) deciding to freeze LG CX OLED 2) The right size 65" as I had an illusion to save enough for a 77" - a vague dream I dropped after discussing here 3) Made a decision to go black - the frame/local dimming is just not the same as individual pixels in OLED going off to give ink jet blacks, a long time view-lusting for yes - infinite contrast!

Infinite contrast is good. You get satisfying contrast at low brightness. But this year brighter OLEDs are better. There wont be a difference if you reduce the brightness. Sony especially makes a major update to the picture processor. You should probably wait and take that and not discard because of higher brightness.

9300 is the brightest tv of that year and is amoung the brightest sony tvs to date. Only last year 9500 matched it in brightness. What are u doing with it? Selling off??

Infinite contrast is good. You get satisfying contrast at low brightness. But this year brighter OLEDs are better. There wont be a difference if you reduce the brightness. Sony especially makes a major update to the picture processor. You should probably wait and take that and not discard because of higher brightness.

9300 is the brightest tv of that year and is amoung the brightest sony tvs to date. Only last year 9500 matched it in brightness. What are u doing with it? Selling off??
Yes 48000 offer price by my tenant(same guy who bought the Vu also from me). He will have the Vu 55" installed in his bedroom.

I am getting it for 1.9 lakhs which I consider not bad at all considering it is CX right now. (Was quoted the same for bx earlier)I have 3 years warranty already. I can save Rs.17500 by not opting for 4&5 th year warranty. At diwali it was a 2.0 lakhs quote for a group buy by Paul Joseph and co with me in the group at best by the same store. They don't like bargaining further than this point. So pls do say if I should opt for the Rs.17500 or not? And besides I have waited since 2015 for an OLED. It will never happen if choices are not made. My 77" OLED dream got cancelled when it made sense dropping it, discussing in this message board.

Price is ok. Brightness is not much of an issue with OLED TVs. I am happy with CX.

But do remember, this year is the first major change in OLED tech. Higher brightness coupled with next gen sony processors. 2 good things to miss.

For some reason, I want to buy now. Because the 9300D asking price went higher by 3k and the CX went down by atleast 30k from their sales closure rates of recent times. And besides I would have bought one anyways during Diwali 2020 itself, I bought a bigger screen LED instead. So I am doing the right thing.

For some reason, I want to buy now. Because the 9300D asking price went higher by 3k and the CX went down by atleast 30k from their sales closure rates of recent times. And besides I would have bought one anyways during Diwali 2020 itself, I bought a bigger screen LED instead. So I am doing the right thing.
Okay. It is OLED time then. Congratulations

Reasonable. Enjoy.

Any insights when the Sony A90J is launching here?

Thanks.
Hard to say because of covid.but generally around festive period starts from end of july.but the best time to buy is just before/on diwali.you will not only get it cheapest but also get other goodies like extended warranties and accessories.

Now Tv reviews of 2021 OLEDs are out. Here are the key takeaways.

A)Sony A90J will be the gold standard for TVs this year.It is much-improved tv than A8H and A9G.If money is not an issue then this is the best tv to buy.

B)finally we have some distinction between LG C series and G series in terms of Picture quality.G1 is brighter and more aesthetically pleasing than C1.

C)The LG C1 will be still the best choice for most.Especially in India because of "SONY TAX".I mean if sony launches A90J 65 for over 3 lac then for that amount you can buy a 65 C1+55 C1+Playsation or Xbox around Diwali.also, LG TVs are better for gaming than A90J.

D)Sony A80J reviews are not out or at least I have not seen yet. its more affordable than A90J and you don't lose much in terms of features.It has the same processor as A90j with slight less bright panel.It will be interesting to see at what price point sony will launch these TVs in india.

Now Tv reviews of 2021 OLEDs are out. Here are the key takeaways.

A)Sony A90J will be the gold standard for TVs this year.It is much-improved tv than A8H and A9G.If money is not an issue then this is the best tv to buy.

B)finally we have some distinction between LG C series and G series in terms of Picture quality.G1 is brighter and more aesthetically pleasing than C1.

C)The LG C1 will be still the best choice for most.Especially in India because of "SONY TAX".I mean if sony launches A90J 65 for over 3 lac then for that amount you can buy a 65 C1+55 C1+Playsation or Xbox around Diwali.also, LG TVs are better for gaming than A90J.

D)Sony A80J reviews are not out or at least I have not seen yet. its more affordable than A90J and you don't lose much in terms of features.It has the same processor as A90j with slight less bright panel.It will be interesting to see at what price point sony will launch these TVs in india.
The 65" A90J will be priced above 4.2L as that is the current mrp for the 65" A90G that it replaces.

The A80J will be the replacement for the A8H & should be around mrp 3.4L for the 65".

Now it all depends what the discounts will be later. The A80J looks like the Oled to buy if you want a Sonly Oled.

Cheers.

The 65" A90J will be priced above 4.2L as that is the current mrp for the 65" A90G that it replaces.

The A80J will be the replacement for the A8H & should be around mrp 3.4L for the 65".

Now it all depends what the discounts will be later. The A80J looks like the Oled to buy if you want a Sonly Oled.

Cheers.
I think A90J has launched at a higher price in USA than the A9G.So that by logic it will be more expensive in India as well.I don't see it going below 3lac even at diwali.I will be more than happy if sony proves me wrong.

In my opinion you should have waited for C1 oled
2021 LG oled 77 C1 is 3500USD (2.6L) in uSA price

In my opinion you should have waited for C1 oled
2021 LG oled 77 C1 is 3500USD (2.6L) in uSA price
2.6 lakhs USA price would amount to 6-7 lakhs here in India. I have enjoyed my CX 65 for nearly 40 days, brilliant picture quality and when the kids play PS4 games,it is an immersive experience. 77" in my room may be too big for my comfort. Also, a few in this forum helped me narrow down my search when I needed their advise the most. After buying I don't want to think of other options I might have missed. Secondly nothing is known about the new OLED panels although engineers claim they are longer lasting than the previous OLED panels subjected to lesser burn ins and will be more brighter. But what if it turns out to be the opposite. C10 has come a long way from let's say C7 or earlier where they have addressed the burn in thing by pixel refreshing feature after turning off the TV. Plus pixel shift screensavers. It is growing on me.

2.6 lakhs USA price would amount to 6-7 lakhs here in India. I have enjoyed my CX 65 for nearly 40 days, brilliant picture quality and when the kids play PS4 games,it is an immersive experience. 77" in my room may be too big for my comfort. Also, a few in this forum helped me narrow down my search when I needed their advise the most. After buying I don't want to think of other options I might have missed. Secondly nothing is known about the new OLED panels although engineers claim they are longer lasting than the previous OLED panels subjected to lesser burn ins and will be more brighter. But what if it turns out to be the opposite. C10 has come a long way from let's say C7 or earlier where they have addressed the burn in thing by pixel refreshing feature after turning off the TV. Plus pixel shift screensavers. It is growing on me.
Technology keeps on evolving and we can't keep on waiting forever for the perfect product. The most important thing is, you are enjoying your purchase NOW. Had you waited for C1, who knows, there would have been some leaks about improvements in C2 putting you in dilemma about going ahead with the C1 purchase.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back