Building a Home Theater & Listening Room

Good to see your diy efforts fitting neatly into places! Especially with that diy 7293-8channel parallel amp. :clapping:

Hope your wife isn't regretting to let go part of the penthouse garden.

It is looking great! Pretty soon you will be sitting down enjoying all the hard work that has been done to get this project completed.
What speakers are those, Dali?

Last edited:
Thanks Guys,

I am planning to build a baffle wall for in-wall speakers and these are few renderings my interior designer provided.

GOpTWNf.jpg

X6YkdEV.jpg

aCPhamk.jpg

qPtLbz6.jpg

Your opinions please...

Hi Hydrovac:

Its amazing to see your theater.
More interesting to me, as I am in the planning phase to do a similar on at my terrace. I would end up getting 12X19 size room, and would use Aerocon. Already spoken to a few guys (I am in Bangalore). Rates comes around 160 Rs psft. Roofing might be PUF panel, as I cant take much load on the terrace.
Would need to spk to to bounce off a few ideas. Can u PM your number ?

My long hunt for an Anomorphic Lens finally ended... bought a preloved Panamorph UH-480 along with SIM2 HT3000 (logged only 150 hrs on the clock). The owner was upgrading to BARCO and offered me this as a bundle.

As the projector and lens were already mounted on the plate and axis aligned, it saved me lot of hassle.

1572094244524.jpeg
1572094276774.jpeg

At present I am watching 2.38:1/2.39:1/2.4:1 using zoom on my Panasonic PT-AE8000U.

The projected images from Panny:
1572094332566.jpeg

1572094347036.jpeg

1572094365770.jpeg

Currently running DALI speakers and SVS sub… apart from the projector and lens, further upgrade will be building a baffle wall and mounting these screen speakers. (Speakercraft Aim Cinema 5)
Planning for one ( shallow depth) front sub (15”/ 18”) and a balancing sub (12”/ 10”) at the rear.

1572094409254.jpeg

Stay tuned for further updates... Thanks for reading

Last edited by a moderator:
My long hunt for an Anomorphic Lens finally ended... bought a preloved Panamorph UH-480 along with SIM2 HT3000 (logged only 150 hrs on the clock). The owner was upgrading to BARCO and offered me this as a bundle.

As the projector and lens were already mounted on the plate and axis aligned, it saved me lot of hassle.

View attachment 40685
View attachment 40686

At present I am watching 2.38:1/2.39:1/2.4:1 using zoom on my Panasonic PT-AE8000U.

View attachment 40687

View attachment 40688

View attachment 40689

Currently running DALI speakers and SVS sub… apart from the projector and lens, further upgrade will be building a baffle wall and mounting these screen speakers. (Speakercraft Aim Cinema 5)
Planning for one ( shallow depth) front sub (15”/ 18”) and a balancing sub (12”/ 10”) at the rear.

View attachment 40690

This is such an awesome ht room! What screen fabric are you using and where did you source it from?

The P5iW has a circular constant directivity waveguide 80°dispersion... it was recommended to mount them directly overhead... 2 on each row.
The theater is designed by none other than Anders Uggleberg and co-ordination by Gerben Van Duyl... both ex DTS guys and Founding Partners at Procella Audio.
How the 3 subwoofers are managed...is it processor or any additional dsp in place for bass management.

Nice! what cross section is the pine wood... and the gap behind the speaker baffle and rear wall?
The cross section is 2"X2"... and there is a gap of 18" behind baffle wall.

Today's work:
Finished the speaker compartments and added braces to make the baffle as rigid as possible.

1573739044425.jpeg

Filling the space loosely with rock wool as per the recommendation of the acoustics consultant:
1573739059791.jpeg

1573739070614.jpeg

Stopped the work early because the carpenter was allergic to rock wool fibers flying around... will get some masks and gloves tomorrow and finish off the damping and also the MDF paneling.

Came across this thread for the first time today. You have an amazing ht. I look up to this build to someday achieve a dedicated home theatre like this.

View attachment 40685
View attachment 40686

View attachment 40687

View attachment 40688

View attachment 40689

View attachment 40690

Looks great .. Can't The center channel be placed vertically ?

Since you have dedicated HT room you can also try placing speakers behind screen...But it also requires special screen which allows sound pass through.

Looks great .. Can't The center channel be placed vertically ?

Since you have dedicated HT room you can also try placing speakers behind screen...But it also requires special screen which allows sound pass through.

Thanks @edjamesx,

The three screen speakers are placed vertically, and behind the AT screen.

Yesterday's work :
Packing of rock wool done... the bottom compartment is for sub woofer. Will be closing it with separate panel without glue for ease of opening.

1573869879382.jpeg

MDF paneling:
1573869901012.jpeg

1573870175644.jpeg

Paneling complete:
1573870191890.jpeg

Placed the speakers in compartments for sound test... have to do foam treatment on the baffle, and around the speakers.
Fired them for the first time and i am happy with the result.
1573870249210.jpeg

Image projected on baffle wall... this will be the position of the screen:
Will make arrangement for mounting the screen today.
1573870425358.jpeg

Thanks @edjamesx,

The three screen speakers are placed vertically, and behind the AT screen.

Yesterday's work :
Packing of rock wool done... the bottom compartment is for sub woofer. Will be closing it with separate panel without glue for ease of opening.

View attachment 41265

MDF paneling:
View attachment 41266

View attachment 41267

Paneling complete:
View attachment 41268

Placed the speakers in compartments for sound test... have to do foam treatment on the baffle, and around the speakers.
Fired them for the first time and i am happy with the result.
View attachment 41269

Image projected on baffle wall... this will be the position of the screen:
Will make arrangement for mounting the screen today.
View attachment 41270

Now.. with what absorption material will you cover the whole wall ?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back